Options

Selecting colors on a new T@B or buying off the lot?

gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
edited April 2015 in Factory Comments
Fell in love with the 2015 Maxx S; silver with black trim, with scuba black interior, however it was already sold.  I can order one or take possession of a white with silver trim.  My TV is a Honda Odyssey that is dark metallic taupe, so no color will match perfectly.  What determined your color selection?  It seems easy to obsess over matching the TV, but does it really matter?  Thoughts, please.  Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    TV is a"bright silver" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Dealer had a silver T@B with yellow trim that we like. Now Buttercup is ours.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156

I special ordered my T@b and it has a red body and white trim because I fell in love with one like it when researching.  I didn't think I needed it to match my TV though it doesn't clash.  Plus, I will trade out TVs more often than I trade my T@b. :)

June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I ordered silver/silver - Wanted it somewhat neutral as I can change the look with outdoor accessories (chairs, rugs, etc) - And, I'm a minimalist :-)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I chose mine off the lot based on its color.  Didn't even pay attention to how it was equipped (although as luck would have it, it was equipped the way I would have ordered it anyway).  A second choice will be fine if you will be satisfied with it, but don't settle for something you will be unhappy with.  You'll likely have to live with it a long time.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    BWidgetBWidget Member Posts: 35
    I ordered an S Maxx Outback as white with silver trim. TV is a white Jeep GC. I figured it's also such a neutral color and white shows less dirt.
    Bill from Los Angeles Arizona
    2015 T@B S Maxx Outback
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    I ordered my S M@xx in silver on silver. My TV is a Honda Pilot in the medium silver (Modern Steel Metalic). While not a complete match, they go very well together. I find the silver on silver to be a very elegant look and very modern. I also suspect the silver will add some factor of heat reflection when in hot and sunny climates. I can't wait to prove this theory.  B)
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    BWidget said - "I figured it's also such a neutral color and white shows less dirt"
    I'm amazed at how little dust/dirt the T@Bs collect. That fiberglass siding seems to shed everything off. After boondocking in the desert for a couple of weeks my TV looks like I crossed the Sahara but the T@B barely shows any dust other than dirty tires.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited February 2015
    Color was first, red, of course. So we called Little Guy to see where (if) they were shipping one in the color and configuration we wanted. We were willing to drive to get it.

They had one that was due to arrive at a dealer in 2 weeks, 6 hours away, so we found a suitable TV (luck), a used red Tacoma, and drove there, camping on the way home...

It turned out that the interior is the wrong pattern, slight regrets for that, but we love it.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Patti, the red trim on white is a very nice look. Retro while still very current. In terms of matching a TV, I think it is pretty neutral and would go with just about anything. I know the feeling of seeing a brand new T@B, still wrapped and ready for final assembly and delivery. It's really hard to resist. We looked at lot's of other "really nice" trailers, but none were as appealing as the T@B. The craftsmanship and design simply can't be beat. There is just something about these little trailers that bring out the adventurer in all of us.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    We're Packer fans....

Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I loved that turquoise color from the minute I saw it. The only choice I battled was if I wanted that for the body calorie trim. In the end, I went with the trim because the silver goes nicely with my Jeep.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Nifty pic - But you're riding the center line ;-)
  • Options
    When you look at the posts for selecting the color of your T@B, I can honestly say there is not a bad choice at all. It does not matter which combination, they are all pretty fantastic. It's just another one of those things that make the T@B so appealing. 
  • Options
    Patti, I don't know which video you're referring to, but it was most likely the T@Bitha made for Mary Jane Butters.  It's a special order/package.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Patti, this isn't Jenn's in the video.  She doesn't have a clam, and you can see her outside trim that the one in the video doesn't have.  Clams don't have the outer trim.  
    I wasn't aware the turquoise trim was a custom color, because I'm seeing them out and about.  The dealer closest to me has one on the lot.  Love the color though.

• Options
    I'm surprised tourq is custom - Like TABaker, I've seen the tourq on almost every T@B dealers lot I've been at. 
  • Options
    In checking the brochure, turquoise is not one of the listed standard colors, but as stated, other colors are availed by special order. 
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    I love Jenn's silver with turquoise trim.  I have a T@DA that is silver on silver, which coordinates really well with my succession of silver tow vehicles.  It's also great for keeping it looking clean.  
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    rkhammondrkhammond Member Posts: 54
    We made a 'final' decision on pretty much all the colors at least once! Then as we were leaning heavy towards the aqua trim (it is a little extra as it is considered custom) we discovered, with a paint code,  the factory will do almost any custom color for about the same as the aqua. So..we ordered ours with trim to match our jeep...in anvil.  Can't wait to see how it turns out!
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
    2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    lilbuddylilbuddy Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2015
    We just bought the 2015 S Maxx, Grey with Black trim with Scuba Black last weekend!  I like to change things out so I wanted something neutral.  Wishing the interior upholstery choices were more like the European models as I'm not really into patterned upholstery...planning to cover that up with something happy.
    Craig and Mary 2015 T@B S Max
  • Options
    "planning to cover that up with something happy"
    Smiley faces?  ;-)
  • Options
    lilbuddylilbuddy Member Posts: 10
    No patterns - just vibrant color - like the European T@Bs...

Craig and Mary 2015 T@B S Max
  • Options
    rkhammond, what body color did you choose to go with the Jeep Anvil? Silver or white? I had to look up the color Anvil, and it's going to look fantastic. It has a slight sense of turquoise but is a bit more subdued. It might just become one of the next favorites once people see it on the T@B. It would be a really good color for the Sofitel model. 
  • Options
    We initially went with white, then changed our minds (again...!) and are going with silver.  The anvil color does differ quite a bit depending on the lighting.  Sometimes it appears to be a light blu-ish, then a deeper blu-grey, and at times will eve reflect a bit greenish.  we have found it to be very unique. In the end, I seems one just can't go wrong with any color with a T@b!  They all look awesome!
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    Patti, here is a link to the T@B brochure and a pic of the page with the interior options.  

http://tab-rv.com/downloads/TAB-Brochure-2015.pdf

Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    I think the silver will work very well with the Anvil. The silver is very neutral and seems to go well with all colors. The white would have been a stronger contrast. You will have to post up some photos once you take delivery. 
  • Options
    LG does sell neutral slip covers in grey.  Maybe they have other colors, too.  I had slipcovers made 5 years ago, but hope to switch to a solid soon.  I think I'd like a green corduroy.  I usually keep the sofa back in the down position, and that's where my memory foam topper rides.  As a result the cover for the sofa back sees little use.  Look at the difference here.  The seat covers have been laundered several times, but the back has not.

• Options
    BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    That is one relaxed dog !  :)
  • Options
    mawebb said:
    I think the silver will work very well with the Anvil. The silver is very neutral and seems to go well with all colors. The white would have been a stronger contrast. You will have to post up some photos once you take delivery. 
    We agree, thus the indecision! I will post pics when our day finally arrives.  We placed our order with the dealer in January but I believe they are holding for a dealer order sometime towards the end of this month.  Looking at May or June...seems so far away.  I do appreciate all of the information and knowledge shared here in the forum...so much to learn.  Thank you!
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Gooselady, I called a dealer in Warren, Michigan, about a white with silver trim Max S. He stated that someone is very interested in that unit and thinks that it might be sold. Is this the T@B you are referring to? He said he would order me one just like it at the same price. If I order one I might go with silver and another color trim. My TV is silver. Good luck with your choice!
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY