Options

The 2018 rally begins...

124»

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    jkjenn said:
    Thanks, @Dalehelman. I sent you an email. 
    Sorry jenn no email as yet.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Also with Allison's permission is some photos to share..

Here is Austin (great guy) schooling some of us in camping facts...  Really, I don't know what they were talking about.... grin

Austin's co-worker, Mark...  I thought I saw him doing more more than Austin, but I could be wrong... Don't quote me on that, and if confronted, I would call you a liar to your face..... grin

This is a great shot of the pizza night dinner, before the "hordes" desended in it...

This was my favorite bean bag contest.  Basically, they let you toss the bags till you lodged two on the shelf....  Winner winner, chicken dinner....!

Lastly, this is cool.  These are cut and then gathered by hand and piled in this fashion...  My dad grew up on a farm.  Same kind of work ethic..  Amazing, what happened to me?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That was the best pizza!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Two interesting signs...

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @TerryV6, you get the "Forum Posting of Rally" award from all of us that were able to follow you around and for making us smile even though we couldn't be there! Thank you again. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Well, thank you very much Ratkity!  My first award.  Honestly, I had such a great time, I had to share.  Actually, I’m basically a man of inertia, finding myself being given plans of travel hither and yon.  ( wow, who ever says that anymore?). I always have fun, but it is my beloved wife who plans these trips.  What?  We are going where?  Paris?  London?  Okay....
    And my sense of humor actually has always been an attempt to find the funny side of things, thus keeping away the blues that everyone experiences from time to time.  I’ve always tried to be an optimist.  My mother in law always said that if you don’t expect too much, you won’t be disappointed.  I found that kinda funny.  I got up this morn to read the paper, while on the couch, my ever loving was reading a large tome on genetics.  She always claims that I share too much, but there you go...  I met a couple from South Carolina who were great.  I thought she had a wonderful southern accent, only for her to tell me that she liked mine.  What?  We got onto local phrases from our areas and we laughed and laughed.  She imitated me saying yeah,  while I brought up y’all etc.  Nice person...  She could be a good friend...

Okay, I’ll stop now...   Wife would say, honey, the grocery clerk doesn’t need to know about your great grandma.  As the tv character McCloud would say, “there ya go”.

Thanks for the thanks... grin
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @TerryV6, Free entertainment is always a good thing! Keep up the good work! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    So, after much concerns, what was the power situation? Could everyone run the a/c or not?
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Our AC worked great..
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @RollingBnB, four T@B 320’s or any with the typical window A/C’s can run their A/C units with the 30 amp going to each pedestal. That gives 15 amps to each. But, originally I was in a “quad” with three 400’s and a T@G. No way that the 30 amps could handle that. 

üCamp19 will be June 10-15 next year, with the hope the weather is much cooler and less humid.

Anyone who chooses to run a generator will be placed in the Boondocking section, rather than in the main campground. The generator fumes and noise caused me to leave one site to go to another, hence the few reminders of being a good neighbor when using a generator. 

I chose not to run my Cool Cat all week, choosing to use my 10 speed Fantastic Fan along with a 10” O2 fan blowing across my bed. I did not suffer as all, as it always cooled down at night. After Tuesday afternoon it cooled down during the days and nights anyway, and we welcomed having our windows open for the great camping experience. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    @TerryV6, you get the "Forum Posting of Rally" award from all of us that were able to follow you around and for making us smile even though we couldn't be there! Thank you again. :)
    X2👍
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am hoping to be able to use AC next year because my allergies are usually pretty bad in June.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Using the AC in the T@Bs was really not a problem for us even with the frig. On 110. We shared a 20 amp with another T@B.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    The first day or so we had air on at night and then sometimes during the day.  As the nights got cooler, we used the ceiling fan vented out, with the windows open a bit.  It got quite cool...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    TinkTink Member Posts: 28
    @TerryV6 can you elaborate on the "bins in the back like the new ones have".  Are these bins behind/under the back bench area? Do you have any pictures of them?
  • Options
    Tink, 
    In the earlier models, the area where your gycol is, you had the long narrow board you had to lift up to access that.  If you looked inside, it was an open space where you could see the alde heating fins.  Now, they have framed that in and made that board a hinged unit or units...not sure.  They have provided a gap for heat venting.  I want to do that to have some more space.  As long as i dont store my ice cream there.

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    As you probably can tell, I had a great time..  I met many great couples and many more that I missed..  Anyway, we met Fran and Bob from South Carolina.  Nice people.  Today, I was just looking for SugarCreek videos and I found one thy just made and posted.  I thought it was rather good. Here it is.

https://youtu.be/PZ-Oy8b6ADQ
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    @TerryV6 thanks for your reply. We have a newer version with that setup. It is nice. We cut the long shelf into 3 lids to match the width of the cubbies underneath so we don't have to remove everything from the lid to open it, just the section we need. 
  • Options
    Perfect..... Even though ours is a 2016, it didn’t come with some of the features others got with theirs ......
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Oh yes, I came across this stellar moment where you know who, won yet another mod master award.  I’m not sure where this was taken.....   Errr...   To be clear, this is not meant as a joking attempt, but to recognize someone who has helped us all out.....

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    TerryV6 said:
    Oh yes, I came across this stellar moment where you know who, won yet another mod master award.  I’m not sure where this was taken.....   Errr...   To be clear, this is not meant as a joking attempt, but to recognize someone who has helped us all out.....

That was taken this year at the Tearstock rally In Mackinaw City Michigan 2018.
    Hope you are having a great summer Terry.  Sandi and I are off to Fort Wardon Washington September 12th for an  annual T@B rally 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    So how many miles is it from Dale's home town out in Washington State to Sugarcreek and vice-versa from Nova Scotia to Sugarcreek?  

Just curious.....  I see another plaque in Dale's future!  :bee:
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Michigan_Mike, All I can tell you is that Mr. & Mrs. @Dalehelman certainly put the miles on. There are times I'm just glad to see them at the breakfast meetings. He MIGHT be runnin' outta room for those plaques by now...just sayin'..... =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    edited January 2019
    @TerryV6 I can't remember if i asked this about the split back cushions...they replace the single long piece with two new pieces. What happens to your original long back cushion?
  • Options
    I let them keep it...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI