Options

2019 Washington State East Meets West-Lincoln Rock

Comments

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    edited January 2019
    So Paula just cancelled her reservations and has unfortunately learned of the new cancellation fees from WA state. Here is a link. Not only do you lose the $8 booking (plus the fee if you are out of state) + $8 cancel fee PLUS there is now a percentage charge up to 50%. Unbelievable! https://parks.state.wa.us/228/Cancellations
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    clgauldingclgaulding Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for your advice.  Woo Hoo !    We found a spot:   Loop C, Site 65.  See you in May.  Clark and Cookie Gaulding, Bellingham                            
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @clgaulding yay! It will be great to see you both again! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    TabiKTabiK Member Posts: 11
    Will be in Loop 1 - site 4.  There will be two of us - an extra vehicle and maybe one dog
  • Options
    ApplegirlApplegirl Member Posts: 2
    Hi, my name is Leslie Larsen. We are still in the decision making process on which T@b we want. I live in Wenatchee, I ride my bike to Lincoln Rock 5 days a week from April on. I was wondering if it would be ok to ride my bike and meet you all. Maybe some of you would talk to me about your T@bs? I would really appreciate it. FYI: did you know that there is 30 miles of paved bike/walking trails from Lincoln Rock? You can ride to Wenatchee or East Wenatchee and back. It's beautiful. 
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @Applegirl
    You are more than welcome to stop by and visit. Make sure you introduce yourself, and bring your list of questions.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Applegirl of course you can come! We would love to meet you and even more happy to share everything we know about our Tabs! If you tent camp you are welcome to join us as a tent can share a site with a trailer and pay $10 a night for your car. So far we have 36 Tabs and 2 Tada's. We love to share our love for these trailers so this will be a perfect place to ask any and all questions. Thanks for reaching out! It will be a fun weekend.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Homebodyathart is the reason this rally was started, and we thank her.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Awww thanks @Dalehelman! BTW you're missing more snow than you want to see in a short time! 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    :whistle: Frosty the snowman... @Dalehelman, you don't know what you're missing! :rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @Dalehelman, @ericnliz must be delirious from all that snow he has most likely been moving for days now! :rofl:

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Not delirious, just snow blind! :fearful::rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    dsfdogs said:
    So Paula just cancelled her reservations and has unfortunately learned of the new cancellation fees from WA state. Here is a link. Not only do you lose the $8 booking (plus the fee if you are out of state) + $8 cancel fee PLUS there is now a percentage charge up to 50%. Unbelievable! https://parks.state.wa.us/228/Cancellations

Is there any way for someone else to take over a cancelled spot? That way someone like me who can't get reservations gets to go, and no cancellation fees.

I last camped a good 20 years ago, back in the days when it was still relatively easy to camp in the state parks without reservations. Now that my trailer's on the way and I was thinking about where to go, I'm finding everything books up many months before I'd even consider planning. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @VictoriaP I just checked the website and as of right now all sites in the park are booked for at least part of the time we are there. You just have to keep checking and hope there is a cancellation, even if it is in A Loop, which are tent sites but very nice! You'd be dry camping there, but you will have the company of other Tabbers! I hope this helps!
     https://washington.goingtocamp.com/
  • Options
    LeedLeed Member Posts: 2
    Can a Montana couple join this rally?  Hoping to buy our T@B this week.  Thanks, Lee
  • Options
    Welcome @Leed! Of course you’re welcome, the problem is getting a site. Look up a couple of posts to my 3/3 post for park reservations info. Basically you have to find any empty site and book it that instant. There are three loops, A,B, and C. We have Tabs and a couple of Tada’s in all three so you’ll have company wherever you end up! If you book a site please add your info to the Google sheet linked above so I can get you on the roster and goodie list. Thanks for asking! 

By the way which part of Montana are you in? 
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    I have cancelled my reservation at Lincoln Rock... site 12... right on the water's edge.

Becky, I won't be coming to this gathering as I will be in the process of moving from Seattle to Vancouver, WA that weekend.

I'll miss you all!!
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    @Seaduster
    what are the exact days you are canceling?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Seaduster Thanks for posting! With your cancellation, I was able to book for the full event. 
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @Seaduster I’m sorry for us, but glad for you! Thanks for letting us know. 
  • Options
    I want to apologize to all of you for being an “absent host” online this year. I’m in Southern California with my Mom for the third time this year helping her as her health declines and memory slips. She’s in a progressive care community so she is well cared for and I’m currently getting her belongings sorted and packed to move into assisted living. She is in a temporary room there now, waiting for a private room. My brother and I spent the weekend working hard, dealing with legal and financial stuff, so it’s all tidied up along with packing. Who knew he is great at packing delicate knick-nacks!  I’m here a few more days, then home to rest a day then back to work, and Lincoln Rock planning! Know that my Lincoln Rock team has been quietly working behind the scenes to help make this another great gathering! I can’t wait to be camping this season. Thanks for your patience! 
    Becky
    aka Homebodyatheart
    PS: Do your loved ones a favor... have all your financial and medical paperwork in order, in one spot and up to date. They will thank you! :)
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart Virtual hugs. Your PS is one I’ve been preaching since my husband passed away in August without a will. I’m sorry you have to deal with that, but glad your mom is in a good facility!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Adam_HoughAdam_Hough Member Posts: 11
    Site 54 is currently open right now. 
  • Options
    @Adam_Hough Thanks for the heads up! Switched from site 12 (dry camping, back in) to 54 as a pull through with hookups is a better fit for a first timer. Site 12 is now open!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    For those still hoping to attend... I just checked for availability:
    Site #33 is available for coming in Sat and leaving Sun
    Site #3 is available for Thursday thru Sun.
    If you are wanting to attend and still do not have a site, keep checking.  Cancellations happen all the time! ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    We are 5 1/2 weeks out from the 2019 East Meets West Washington State Lincoln Rock gathering. As of tonight we are counting 39 trailers and 66 people! Whoo-hoo! We have TabS's and Tab CS-S's, 400's, and Tada's coming again this year. Be sure to click on the google doc link in the first post and fill in your information.

Also on the google doc is a page for posting any items you want to sell or give away. We have added a gear sell or swap Saturday afternoon in the shelter. This is a great way to move things on that you no longer use, and get a great deal on something you might need. 

Thanks so much to all who are coming, and special thanks to my team! We look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!
  • Options
    RubyRuby Member Posts: 10
    So excited to be joining you. This will be my first T@b event and can only stay two days but I'm sure it will be worth the drive. 
    Lisa, Nelson, and Ruby in NE North Carolina
    2019 T@b 320S - 2003 GMC Yukon XL

• Options
    @Ruby I’m so excited that you got a spot! So, you’re coming in Wednesday and leaving Friday? You’ll be here for the dessert potluck.  It will be nice to meet you and the pups! You will get a lot out of your time with us. Ask lots of questions, take pics of mod ideas, and enjoy this amazingly beautiful part of Washington State! See you soon! 
  • Options
    Thanks so much! My son is finishing grad school in Seattle so that gave me the perfect excuse to finally buy the T@b we'd been eyeing for 13 years, and drive cross country to be his moving van back to NC. I saw your post and realized the event is right on my way and the exact weekend I will be there. Can't believe I got a spot!

• Options
    Yes, arriving Weds and have to leave Friday.