ALde not working

My Alde (2015 MAXS) has always worked like a charm....but not this week. No burble, no hot water or heat. So I will go in and check the plug ( I did install my Laguna that side...bang bang bang) ....and then what's the most likely order for finding the problem?  Main Fuse Box?  Alde fuses? Breakers?  And here comes the real out of my league question...how do you know if a fuse is blown? If the filament is burned out on the glass ones, I suppose...but about the flat ones??   Thanks for your time and patience!
2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @ELK, I take it you have the manual Alde controls.  To help prevent Alde fuses from blowing, make sure you turn the Alde controls all the way to the off position before plugging or unplugging from ac.  Also, use your surge protector, even at home.

You did not say if you are on ac or battery, so I will assume ac.  The Alde and fan are on the same 12v fuse, so if your fan also does not work, that points to the 12v side.   First check the circuit breaker in the box to see if the Alde breaker has flipped.  If the breakers are ok, next check the DC fuses to see if they have blown.  There is a very small light next to each fuse that lights up when blown.  Change it if blown.  If the 12v fuses are intact, now check the Alde fuses.  They are under a black plastic cover which snaps off.   They are small and it may be difficult to see if they are blown.  See “Fuses for Newbies” here for a good explanation.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/3512/fuses-for-newbies

We encountered an Alde outage this summer as someone left the air con. on and unplugged from ac.  When we plugged back in to ac, the Alde fuses blew and we changed all 3 fuses.  Hope this helps.

Sharon
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Here is a guide on what to look for on the "flat" fuses.  It is the same principle as the glass fuse.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    By any chance is the red pl ight on the co trol panel on?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    No lights on Jenn
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Handy article @pthomas745!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    Thanks. I'll go in and have a look. It's not the plug. I was plugged in at the campground WITH my surge protector....But I was working in the trailer all last week and may have been once when I wasn;t plugged into the house.
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Check the AC plug for the Alde under the drivers side bench. If it can come unplugged if you're driving on a bumpy road  it might come unplugged if you're banging on something.

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • seitzmikeseitzmike Member Posts: 25
    We had regular problems with no power.  Turned out one of the fuses was breaking or blowing frequently.  (I don't remember if the left or right but always the same)   We have the national or a regional Alde office in town and I took the T@B by.   They told me to upgrade to a 5 amp fuse.  Problem solved.
    2016 T@B CS-S   2016 KIA Sorento   Vancouver, WA