Options

Alde capacity

we are in a T@B 400. Currently in the high desert in Likely, CA. Temps have been in the mid 20s at night. The Alde works all night, set for70. If outside temp is 24 we can get to 64 inside, if outside is 28we can get 68 inside. We are snug under a quilted cover, so this not a significant issue. I’m just curious about what the Alde system can do. If this is not “normal”  what might be going on? We only use the electricity option.

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Alan said:
    we are in a T@B 400. Currently in the high desert in Likely, CA. Temps have been in the mid 20s at night. The Alde works all night, set for70. If outside temp is 24 we can get to 64 inside, if outside is 28we can get 68 inside. We are snug under a quilted cover, so this not a significant issue. I’m just curious about what the Alde system can do. If this is not “normal”  what might be going on? We only use the electricity option.
    I would first make sure that your vents are not blocked. I have camped in 15 degree temps, before in a 320. I am using the old manual thermostat.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Do you have both heating coils turned on?
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    You might try turning on the propane as well. The electric elements will still take priority, but the propane burner can kick on if needed to boost the cabin heat.
    At least that's how it supposedly works with the 3010 with the manual controls. I would expect some similar functionality with the digital control panel.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    edited October 2018
    Yes, the propane kicks on when the cabin temp. drops a couple degrees below the thermostat setting.  So, open your LPG and turn on the propane on the Alde display.  Also, it is faster to initially heat your cabin using the #2 electric setting and propane together.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2018
    We've used it to -5°F (below zero) and stayed toasty in our S Maxx ("320"). 

I agree with others, be sure the heat circulation vents are not blocked, be sure that you're using the high wattage setting with electricity, and add propane to 'boost' the output.

Also be sure your glycol is up to level.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Since the thermostat is right next to the door, some outside cold will affect the Alde thermostat readings. I have a separate digital thermometer near the bed and that is what I go by.  While I haven’t worried too much in the summer about this temp difference, I may make the screen changes with winter coming up. 

The Alde screen has the option to ”true up” the temp on the screen if a known accurate thermometer shows a different temp. The option is called “ Temp Offset”. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    We also use another portable digital thermometer.  We noticed you need to be careful about venting in the winter.  If you open the fan and crack the driver side window, the cool air is drawn across the Alde display/thermostat and the Alde will keep cycling.  We started cracking the front window instead.  Much better.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio