Options

JENSEN TV MOUNT QUESTION - 2019 T@B 320 S

Has anyone removed the TV mount and white plastic insert that is behind the TV?  It appears from a factory tour photo I saw on this forum that there is wood at the back of the opening and probably 2x4's framing the top and sides.  However, I am curious if the bottom section also has a 2x4, or if it is open so that you can reach down and access the wall area below the TV to attach something lightweight to the wall (the wall area below the TV is hollow, except possibly for wiring, I assume).  Also, is the white plastic an insert that simply pops into the wall cutout, or is it attached with something other than the TV mount screws (e.g., is it glued to the wall)?  Thanks. 
2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
(Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    I removed my rarely used TV and replaced it with a much needed shelf. IIRC the plastic piece was held in place only by the TV mount screws, which were attached to 1x backer boards in the wall. Here's what it looked like when everything was removed:
    As you can see, the inside of the opening itself is not framed with 2x4s, though there are some 2x4s at other locations in the wall. They will be obvious once you remove the TV. Removing the plumbing access panel nearer the window will also reveal some of the hidden framing.
    Note that this is on a 2015. Specific assembly methods change from time to time, so yours may be a bit different. Regardless, opening things up and taking a look around should tell you what you need to know.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592
    Search for threads on "Bathroom Grab Handle" to find several descriptions and additional pictures on hte TV Mount and Bath wall construction.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ScottG.
    Note that this is on a 2015. Specific assembly methods change from time to time, so yours may be a bit different. Regardless, opening things up and taking a look around should tell you what you need to know.
    This is very true. My 2015 has it mounted on the passenger side on the wood wi diw box.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Thank you all.  This is exactly the info I was looking for.  @ScottG, I really appreciate your inclusion of the photo.  I will also take the advice of @MuttonChops and search the "Bathroom Grab Handle" threads for additional details.  (Greg)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)