Options

UCamp 2019 (Registration, etc.)

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    @jkjenn, an RV campground may allow you to dump for a few dollars. Flying J’s charge for a dump, with a discount for having the Campiing World card, and some Camping World’s have dump sites. I used a 5 galling bucket with a lid last summer and then put it in my own toilet at home last summer when I was camping for 3 months in my driveway. 
    Thanks, good ideas. The route I usually take does not really have any of those. I like the back road routes through Ohio. I know there is a Pilot down near Zanesville that has one but then I am stuck taking I70, which would not be end of the world. I need to see if there is one at the marina near Tappen Lake that I could use.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Going to the Rally Verna?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    For planning purposes I searched for "Winklepleck Campground" and can find no information.  From the address given in the search it appears to be someone's home surrounded by open fields.  What facilities, if any, are there?  Hookups?  Bathhouse facilities?  Is this owned by nuCamp and just used for events or is it a regular RV camp open to the public?  I've seen photos from last year and it appears to be an open field with random parking.  Can anyone inform me?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    TerryV6 said:
    Going to the Rally Verna?
    Yup, I’ll be there to keep you in line, @TerryV6 😂
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @jkjenn, The TaB rallies used to be held at ? Atwood?  Isn’t that close enough for a dump?  Also, there is the uCamp honey wagon that comes at least a couple times.  If you use their showers and local toilets, it really helps.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Atwood Lake is actually a privately held campground, 45 to 60 minutes away from the factory (as I recall), and they would probably fall under the “pay for a dump” Campground, I’m sure. You have to pass through the guard gate to get to the dump. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Atwood Lake is actually a privately held campground, 45 to 60 minutes away from the factory (as I recall), and they would probably fall under the “pay for a dump” Campground, I’m sure. You have to pass through the guard gate to get to the dump. 
    I camped there a couple of years ago but it is a little out of the way. I really did not like ca.ping there, FWIW. Almost all year around campers.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I am planning on staying through Sunday, so although I will use the honey wagon, I would like to dump before heading home. 

• Options
    @falcon1970.....here’s The information copied from the üCamp FB page and I’ll add more as I find it:

”Good morning everyone!!!  I just wanted to give a little update before registration opens up at midnight EST for üCamp19.  This year we will have two options for camping.  We will have the onsite camping at Winklepleck as well as Boondocking/Solar Farm over at Glenhaven Cabin for those interested.  The prices did go up since we are including more this year.  The onsite camping is now $249.00 for the week and boondocking is $199.00.  That includes admission to everything for the week as well as the welcome pack full of goodies!!!
    This year we are adding more portable restrooms with separate hand washing stations and they will be serviced every morning.  There will also be a set over at Glenhaven this year since most of the events will be held there.  We will have the 2 shower trailers as well.  We will offer 2 pumping’s throughout the week for anyone needing it.  I am also working to secure free coffee and breakfast every morning again for all of you.  As of right now we will have Amish Country Donuts there on Tuesday and on Friday evening Bahler Street Pizza.  Friday night we will also have entertainment.  Monday will be the wine, craft beer and wine night so again we encourage everyone to bring some of their favorites to share.  One evening there will also be a movie night under the tent for everyone to enjoy.  I plan to have the pot luck scheduled as well.  The amount of food and comradery the evening of the potluck was phenomenal and everyone enjoyed it!!  We will have a separate tent at Glenhaven this year that will feature a showroom of our new models and Elsie will be there for any parts that need ordered.  Throughout the week we will also have giveaways with items from some of our vendors.
    For any new individuals coming in the spots are selected by a lottery.  If you have a health condition, please note that in the comments and I will be sure to get you close to a restroom if needed.  Also, if you have a group that you want to be close with please note that as well.  I will do my best to accommodate everyone but that isn’t always the case.  If you need repairs done, please include that in the comments and we will work on getting things scheduled.  When it comes to repairs please stay patient with my team.  Austin and the guys work so hard all through the week and sometimes a repair runs over.  If he isn’t there right at the appointed time just know he will get there as soon as he can.  Our repair team usually works 90+ hours that week so let’s give them a little extra love.  They are also known to accept food or sweets as an additional thank you lol.  
    I will continue to post updates as soon as I have something.  If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me and I will take care of everyone as fast as I can.  And let’s not crash the website tonight (Frank Sinko lol).  I can’t wait to see everyone again this year!!!!”

(Winklepleck is a privately owned campground owned by the town of Sugar Creek. Since it currently does not appear in my campground apps, it is hard to find out info. If not at a gathering, you must contact the City Of Sugar Creek, Ohio to pay for camping. Normally there is electricity to the pedestals, water available at the Pavillion (if in season), pit/vault toilets, and no dump station available.  nüCamp lays water connections on top of the ground using irrigation piping during the few days before the gathering, and they bring in two very nice shower trailers and they do place porta-johns in the campground.  There is a large Pavillion at the main campground with lots of picnic table, and nüCamp has @circus style” tents at the property across the street with table and chairs where various events are held.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    edited February 2019
    All sites sold out between midnight and next morning, must be very popular rally. Oh well, next year then. 
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    webers3 said:
    All sites sold out between midnight and next morning, must be very popular rally. Oh well, next year then. 
    Allison is putting together a list of local campgrounds. If you wa t to stay offsite and attend there is a separate ticket for that.

• Options
    ExposeTheWildExposeTheWild Member Posts: 2
    Any chance someone can share the FB group link please?  I've searched on Facebook for it without luck.  First uCamp and we are so excited!
    Chris & Lesley near Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    2019 T@B 320 Boondock Edge; towed w/ 2017 RAM 1500  
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    @ExposeTheWild I think if you go to your facebook page and in the search type "ucamp" you will see ücamp with the two little dots...you will see several you may need to scroll down the list to find ücamp. Select it and it will take you to the ücamp FB page where you can request to join the group. Let us know if you encounter any trouble with that.

Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    so a little confused about the ending date-goes through friday-14th including that night then leave Sat. morning???
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Kay,
    It stops on Saturday  at 11am
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    I am signed up for a boondocking site and want to be put on the waiting list for a regular site but can't figure out how to do that-also where are the boondocking sites??

• Options
    The boondocking sites are across the road in the area of the large tent.  Easy walk across the street to the campground.
  • Options
    @kaylevine1 Try this: Sign in to eventbrite with your username and password, then paste and go to the link below in a new tab of your browser;
    On the page that displays select the green box labeled "Tickets" and the screen pictured below will appear. Select "Join Waitlist" and you should be prompted for your information. Let us know if that isn't working for you.

Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota

• Options
    thanks to pam and john-now on the waitlist so if i don't get it this will be my first boondocking experience-i need to get a generator and learn how to set it up-have one picked out just need to buy it and practice with it-looking foreward to meeting everybody an ucamp2019
  • Options
    this will also by my first big trip by myself-i think i have the hitch n unhitch n set up down but need to make a list to make sure i don't forget something-excited and scared
    leaving Houma La. june 2-early-stay at north abutment campground-army corps of engineers Grenada Ms. then on to land between the lakes Piney campground 2 nights then on to Southern Ind. Spring Mill state park 2 nights then straight north to my sister's house in Bluffton Ind for the weekend-about 4 hrs from there to Ucamp Sugar Creek Ohio-yeah!!!

• Options
    I have reservations 2 nights at Smokemont in Smokies and 2 nights at Noccalula Falls campground Gadsden Al-looking foreward to this fabulous waterfalls then on to one night at twiltley branch at lake okitibee another army corps of engineers campground in Miss. then on home-boohoo back to work
  • Options
    NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    @kaylevine1 I also have a list I follow for hitching and unhitching. I also travel alone and have found there is always some friendly camper willing to help me if I need it! Parking is tricky for me, but if I take it slow and get out to check frequently I find I can do more than I thought I could. 
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • Options
    BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114
    I’m really bummed out that I missed out on the early registration. However I did make it onto the wait list. 

Where would I find the mentioned information on alternate sites?
    Gerri (Gary) Ewing
    Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
    2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
    Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

• Options
    @BogieMeister I would suggest first sign on to facebook and search for the facebook group  named uCamp and send a request to join the group. Once your request is confirmed message the group member "Allison Wardell Stutzman" and tell her you are interested in that info on alternate campgrounds and she should message you back. Let us know if that works, or not.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota

• Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
  • Options

Here is the list provided last year, of area campgrounds near uCamp 2018.  Allison had sent out a message indicating that if you stay at one of these areas tell them you are attending uCamp and you would get their group rate.  Has anyone heard if this is the same arrangement as last year?

Timbercrest RV Park in Walnut Creek5.7 miles away330-893-2720

•Berlin RV Park in Millersburg11.5 miles away330-674-4774

•Amish Country Campsites8.6 miles away330-359-5226

•Evergreen Park RV Resort12.9 miles away330-359-2787

• Options
    vorticityvorticity Member Posts: 14
    Not sure who to ask this, I wonder if someone could post a Forum discussion area just for uCamp19?

2019 T@B 320 Boondock Edge
  • Options
    This discussion will be used for all of all üCamp19 discussions.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    The 2019 uCamp thread is listed under the 2018 uCamp Category.  Maybe we can change the Category title to just UCAMP without a year to house all uCamp threads?
  • Options
    The 2019 uCamp thread is listed under the 2018 uCamp Category.  Maybe we can change the Category title to just UCAMP without a year to house all uCamp threads?
    I made the changes, @Sharon_is_SAM.
    Verna, Columbus, IN