Options

Plastic Brackets on FanTastic Fan Vent Lid - Ultra Breeze U1400 Cover Installation (Title Edited)

2»

Comments

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2020
    Amazonica said:
    B0atguy, did you have to drill to install the Maxxair? I have the "Clamp Fan" (no screws in outside mounting flange) Fantastic Fan and am wanting a cover to be able to vent in rain/wind. If I have to drill my roof  :s anyway, I might consider replacing the FF with the Maxxair.
    I would almost say with certainty , that your 2020 has a clamped in roof vent with NO screws . Nucamp made a running change in 2016 , and went to a "no-screw" roof vent fan .( I cant figure out why @Bayliss had his roof vent screwed in place ??? Possible dealer change install ??? Did you purchase it brand new Bayliss ? ) 

Yes , the Maxxair will need to be screwed in place . Not very hard really .
    Here is a Maxxair installation thread , from when I installed a Maxxair 7500 , on my 2019 320s . A good read, so you know what your in for if you decide to tackle it , with pictures ! 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9490/2019-320s-oem-fantastic-fan-to-maxxair-installation-complete
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    edited January 2020
    Thank you. Pictures are always helpful! Great writeup. Will have to consider whether I’m brave enough to hover over my 400 and drill all those holes.
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
  • Options
    AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    edited January 2020
    Turns out I do indeed, have enough nerve to hover over my 400 and drill holes in the roof. I put my MaxFan Deluxe in myself and couldn't be more pleased. B0atguy was correct, the Fantastic Fan was held in basically by just the sealant - no clamps or screws. As I sit here in a frog-strangler Texas rainstorm, not a drop getting in.

IMHO, the MaxFan Deluxe is a better product. Quieter, no leaks when fully open, looks nicer. I didn't think I'd like the remote, but holy cow - the convenience! Want to easily rid your abode of little, flying insects? Just turn the Fan to 'venting' mode, and it's so powerful it traps them on the screen - easy pickings!

I mounted the remote (with Command Strips) right around the corner from the bed light switch. I did this install with borrowed tools in an RV park. RVers are absolutely the NICEST folks anywhere. I could've charged admission for the crowd gathered 'round! 

A sincere 'thank you' to all of you who shared your installation tips and experiences.
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @B0atguy, sorry for the delay in answering your question.  I was away at T@bazona (had a great time and met lots of nice folks.)  But the answer is "YES," I bought my 320 S Boondock Lite new.  The vent was installed by nuCamp and when I wrote to them about it, they were aware of the plastic mounting brackets, but incorrectly believed it would accept different after-market covers.  It will only accept the Ultra Breeze U1400 cover.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    @Bayliss and all thanks for your posts.  We have the "tabbed" Dometic on our 320 CS-S.  We ordered the UltraBreeze #U1400WHS from United Outdoor Supply.  My wife and I installed it in about 10 minutes. I don't recommend purchasing the optional screen for the grill.  The cover doesn't fit tight enough on curved 320 roof to prevent insects from crawling under its base.  I agree it looks kind of boxy, but we went against Steve Job's ethic and chose function over form.   :)
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    BjoLizBjoLiz Member Posts: 3
    I am replacing the Fantastic Fan in my 2018 T@B400 with a MaxxAir 7500 but am stumped at removing the FF--are there exterior mounting screws on the fan up on the roof?  I see none and see no inside releases that might be holding the FF in place.  Suggestions on removing the roof portion of the FF, please.  Many thanks!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    @BjoLiz - I moved your post over here.  See this thread which should be helpful.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio