T@B 320 Boondock Edge: fair price for new 2019?

Hi all,

We've been considering buying a T@B for years now, but we're finally getting close.  We're heading to the RV Show in Portland, OR tomorrow to kick some tires (again).  We have been trying to figure out a fair price for a T&B 320 Boondock Edge (but could go Lite if an Edge is not available).  It seems like prices can vary quite a bit, depending on the season, a buyer's negotiating skills, etc.  Any thoughts on what a fair price is (or should be) on a 2019?  Anybody willing to share what they have paid recently for a new T@B?

Thanks,
Duke

Comments

• SneakleSneakle Member Posts: 131
    You can also visit RV dealers online and many have a pricing tool. Though they may post a sale price, the out-the-door price can add a significant amount.
    Tab 320s Boondock
    TV: Toyota 4Runner
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @DukeDT, it is hard to quantify pricing. What seems fair to one person can seem outrageous to another. A great variance in price has to do with location of the purchase. Those of us geographically closer to the factory paid less than those of you out west because shipping charges increase significantly with greater distance. That's just a factor to consider when comparing. Good luck. It's a fun predicament to be in.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited March 2019
    We actually 'did the deal' over the phone (no haggling, thank goodness), and were told the amount of the (bank) check we'd need to bring. It was a 6 hour drive (one way) to pick it up, so we needed the dealer to be straight with us, and he was. (Dan Kearney in Rutland VT) 

The only additional expense we encountered was a run down to the auto parts store to get the correct 'drop' hitch, because I had calculated wrong and brought the wrong one.

I think the check we brought was $16,600, which was actually pretty close to 'List Price' at the time (whatever that's worth). I think it was September 2013.

We camped on the way home!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • forgalsusforgalsus Member Posts: 10
    I've been shopping too. tab 320 S (not edge) Price with solar for 2019 is $18.500 (plus taxes, tags, title) and another dealer but without solar is $17,500....Curious on what other prices are out there
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    from my research $22k is a pretty solid starting point for negotiations.    But keep in mind the out the door price is more important.    Some dealers have lots of add on fees to the sale price.

Makes it nearly impossible to compare apples to apples.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Jaxie985Jaxie985 Member Posts: 49
    It’s hard because prices paid vary so much!! I paid 28k for a 2018 320-S Boondock so a selling price in the mid teens less than a year later seems way low... not that I’m selling, but...
    2018 T@B 320 Boondock 
    2018 Nissan Frontier
    Kennebunk, ME USA
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    Here is the MSRP sheet. Freight will be the number that varies. And this isn’t our sheet but it is the same across the country.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    The "Convenience Package" thing is a little funny. Are those items (like electric brakes) really optional?
    2015 T@B S
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I suspect that reflects the cost breakdown.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    Okay, but still not sure I see the point...
    2015 T@B S
    The prices are not set by nuCamp, but by the dealer, so maybe each dealer can adjust the price as they wish.
    Then it isn't really MSRP, is it?
    Unless MSRP means My Salesman's Revised Price.  ;-)
    Regardless, I STILL don't see the point. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
    2015 T@B S
    The dealers can show how their DEAL compares to the MSRP...

But, I like your version better:)
  • michealsizemore1michealsizemore1 Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to buy directly from NuCamp in Sugarcreek Ohio or do you have to go to a dealer?
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You do have to purchase through a dealer. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • idletabidletab Member Posts: 57
    I live in Colorado, but I'm willing to travel to get a good deal. The best I can find locally on a 2019 320S Boondock Lite is $19,980. This seems like a fair, but not incredibly good, price. Anyone willing to offer an opinion?
    Is it new?  If that is a new TaB in Colorado, I would say that is a decent price considering the further west you go, the higher the shipping.  You may have a little wiggle room depending on how many 2020s are on their lot.   If you choose to travel, you need to factor in your travel costs, unless it is somewhere you wanted to go, then that’s a bonus!  Good luck!
  • idletabidletab Member Posts: 57
    Yep, it's new. They don't have any 2020s that I can find - another local dealer has 2020s but is asking $25k - while they say they're "willing to make a good deal" I wouldn't spend more than $21k and I doubt they'll drop that far.

Have you found any better prices out there, Sharon? Looks like $18-18.5k is possible for a Boondock Lite on the east coast.
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    I just bought a Boondock lite a few weeks ago, for a little less than that $19,250, and they sold probably 18 of them at that price in the past few months.  Problem now- is that the '19's are competing against the 2020's, which normally would be a good thing, but given the likely price increase, perhaps they don't need to come down so much to get rid of the last few. Then again- they put a drawer under the fridge for the '20's.  that alone is worth an extra grand.
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    I paid 20k for a 2020 320 Boondock lite
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    Cbusguy said:
    I paid 20k for a 2020 320 Boondock lite
    Good price!  I'm guessing your in the east or northeast.
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • ginsbujginsbuj Member Posts: 44
    The Boondock lite often sells for 19900. The Edge with factory solar will add 3 grand.