Wish us luck - fridge repair

Our T@B is going in to a local RV place that does Norcold repairs tomorrow. It works great on electric but not on propane. They started selling T@Bs last year and the tech we talked to was aware that he’d have to remove the fridge. Bless his heart. Hopefully he can fix it and it won’t cost us a small fortune.

Will post results.
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Photomom, blessings, low cost and an efficient repair wishes go out to you!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Okay... good luck!
    Anxious to hear how this turns out. I have a tense relationship with my fridge so I like to collect info and problems and solutions. I figure my day is coming.
    2015 T@B S
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Best of the best!! :lucky:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    The day isn’t off to a great start.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Well @Photomom, I don't know where you got that!

It's sunny and warm here in Buffalo!  :D

(kidding... it's time.)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    Initial diagnosis is the interrupter is bad, BUT the tech had to clean out a bunch of debris and rust out of the burner box. Any ideas how this could happen? My first thought is those two vents on the front might let in rain and dust. 

He ordered a part so I’ll update later this week. Thus far I am pleased with this dealership, will do a review later too. 
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Photomom what year and model do you have? I’m guessing early 2016 or older. Glad you’ve got a great service guy! That’s half the battle!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Photomom said:
    Initial diagnosis is the interrupter is bad, BUT the tech had to clean out a bunch of debris and rust out of the burner box. Any ideas how this could happen? My first thought is those two vents on the front might let in rain and dust. 

He ordered a part so I’ll update later this week. Thus far I am pleased with this dealership, will do a review later too. 
    The debris and soot is a normal thing. The advantage of the new fridge is that the burner box and chimney have access through the lower vent to clean. It is a significant disadvantage on the older fridge because you have to pull the whole thing out to clean it.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    Where would the rust come from?  I have a 2017 320S with the two round vents on the front of the trailer. . . . following. .. 

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
    We tried the fridge on propane when we got the T@B to be sure it worked, and then for one weekend in late summer when we camped without hookups. The next time we tried was a couple years later when we were getting ready for a trip to the Adirondacks. I wonder if we should be making a point of firing it up on propane every month or so to dry it out. 
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    While I know nothing about gas/LP fridges and furnaces, I do know from watching the furnace repair guys at home who always had a shop vac to clean out around the burner because there was always debris there. And it was a well functioning furnace. 

Could it be that the dust, etc. is a normal byproduct of the actual combustion occurring? 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    edited March 2019
    Verna said:
    While I know nothing about gas/LP fridges and furnaces, I do know from watching the furnace repair guys at home who always had a shop vac to clean out around the burner because there was always debris there. And it was a well functioning furnace. 

Could it be that the dust, etc. is a normal byproduct of the actual combustion occurring? 
    Except that we really hadn’t used it. Moisture is a byproduct of combustion, so that might have been the original cause of the rust. Wondering if we should put some kind of moisture absorber in that area between trips. Hope we get a chance to discuss with the tech when we pick the trailer up.. 
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    Please post after the fix on what the tech says about the rust& debris— hope it is an inexpensive & simple fix for you 

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    My guess is the rust is post LPG use condensation as Photomom suggested.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio