Finally a member of the club

morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
edited May 2019 in Introductions

Been learning from this forum for a couple months, and finally did the deal yesterday. Just bought my first 2nd home- a '19 320S Outback Lite.

Wow- can't believe how much money I've already spent collecting all the little things you need to use it... and there's still so much more to research and buy.  I apologize in advance for all the stupid questions I'll be asking in the near future.  

First issue:  the dishes and glasses I bought... don't fit in the little cabinets above the sink.  Where do put them? and  What do you put in those little overhead cabinets?
Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Welcome, @morey000!
    In all seriousness, we put dishes and glasses in those overhead cabinets. I suggest smaller place settings and second helpings.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    morey000 said:

Been learning from this forum for a couple months, and finally did the deal yesterday. Just bought my first 2nd home- a '19 320S Outback Lite.

Wow- can't believe how much money I've already spent collecting all the little things you need to use it... and there's still so much more to research and buy.  I apologize in advance for all the stupid questions I'll be asking in the near future.  

First issue:  the dishes and glasses I bought... don't fit in the little cabinets above the sink.  Where do put them? and  What do you put in those little overhead cabinets?

Hello and welcome. 

My wife and I use the upper front cabinets for clothes.  Socks, underwear, shirts.  One for me, one for her and the small one near the bathroom (we don't have the radio) for toiletries.  Keep in mind, we have a 2016 CS-S with the outdoor kitchen, and front interior bench (dog bed).
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    ScottG said:
    . . .  I suggest smaller place settings and second helpings.  ;-)
    Agree with Scott, only full size items you need are Your Coffee Cup and Shot Glass  ;)

I store all the dishware, etc under the Fridge.  Have little bins.  One for silverware, one for water coffee shot glass, one for misc (stove lighter, dish drying pad, can opener) then small dishes & long knives lay on top of the bin stuff.   Pots, Pans, Coffee Percolator are in one of the cabinets under the sink.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Congrats! Picked mine up yesterday as well!

I went with lunch sized melamine plates rather than dinner sized. You also really only need one place setting per person, two each at most. These trailers are too tiny to leave dirty dishes for longer than an hour or two.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    We have a CS and use a camp kitchen.  I think most S owners cook mostly outside, too, so maybe a camp kitchen is the answer.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    edited May 2019
    VictoriaP said:
    Congrats! Picked mine up yesterday as well!

I went with lunch sized melamine plates rather than dinner sized. You also really only need one place setting per person, two each at most. These trailers are too tiny to leave dirty dishes for longer than an hour or two.

I bought a pack of 4- 10" thick plastic decorative plates and 4 matching bowls.  If I stack all 4 plates together, the upper doors don't close.  but, if I stack two, and turn them upside down so the wider edge snugs into the back corner, the cabinet doors close.  and, I've managed to squeeze the other two plates in there as well, along with the bowls and two 20oz double walled stainless drinking glasses- that would be good for hot or cold liquids.  so- that about fills one of the cabinets.  I can squeeze utensils in there as well.  Other side I guess will be for spices, knives, food.  It's a tight fit... but then again, I backpack as well, and if I can fit all of my needs for a week in a 60L backpack, I should somehow be able to get everything in a T@B.

Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    We also store collapsible kettle & coffee maker in that cabinet, with plenty of room to spare..

Better Houseware Collapsible Tea Kettle, Lime Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IA4N3Y

GSI Outdoors Collapsible Java Drip Coffee Maker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NGZ2MOY

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @morey000, this is what we did for kitchen storage: under the fridge (we have the old style with a very narrow door underneath) tools immediately necessary to the t@b. Tire air pressure gauge, multiple size lug wrench, small screwdriver with multiple tips including #1 & #2 square heads, etc. Cabinet shelf directly underneath the sink holds plates, cups, silverware, cooking utensils like tongs, can opener, chef's knives, cutting mats and the like. We have large mugs with lids, which hold everything hot, liquid or semi-liquid from tea and soups to baked beans. There are zip bags in quart and gallon sizes, heavy duty foil for cooking and wrapping, self stick plastic wrap, and various sizes of microwaveable containers. In the bottom shelf cabinet under the sink there are pots, pans, fire pit skewers, additional pot holders, etc. In the small upper kitchen center cabinet are our stash of tea bags, drink flavors, bullion cubes, and many spices, with the last upper (closest to the door) holding our electronics and the equipment necessary to charge and maintain them.

You can easily fit everything you need and there's also room for the occasional luxury. We know, because there are 4 of us, in our family, so we have twice as many dishes and cooking stuff as those solo and coupled campers. All 4 of us have travelled and lived in the t@b for 6 weeks straight through our epic "out west" adventure.

It's all part of the experience. Happy t@bbing! And enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Welcome to the "club".  Here you will find answers to questions if you take the time to look.  Also, answers to questions you hadn't thought of.  Many here are so inventive.  (not me)  I'm a camper plagerizer...  I like your posted picture, but humorously, I have to say you have to watch your tongue weight.
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI