Options

Inside ceiling

What is the wood looking ceiling in a 2019 320 made of. It looks like real good but what is it? Thanks Art
2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge

Comments

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Pretty sure it's a birch veneer.  It has to be thin to bend the curve. It is  nice, adds an upscale look and resists smudges. Ours look like new after  4 years,  and I've bumped my head on it a lot. 🤕
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    gulfarea said:
    What is the wood looking ceiling in a 2019 320 made of. It looks like real good but what is it?
    Good Questions - - - I will enjoy knowing the answer as well (just to know).
    I've assumed the ceiling is Veneer Birch Plywood, maybe even with Luan inter plys to keep weight down.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Looking closely at it, I think its a printed laminate rather than actual wood veneer. It just doesn’t have the same look or feel as the cabinets.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,499
    This is from a 2017 thread where we discussed construction:  per Marvin at the factory:  the ceiling of the Tabs is actually a 1/8th inch ply with a veneer.   I believe a coated paper veneer.  Not wood - but it looks like wood.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ParlandoParlando Member Posts: 123
    We are getting some staining on the veneer next to the front window, probably due to condensation. Any suggestions on best product to coat the ceiling and those walls to help keep moisture from penetrating?