Options

Skeeters at nuCamp Rally

BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114
Since I  have not spent any time in the Winklepleck area I have no idea whether or not mosquitos are going to be a big problem. Are they a nuisance that can be dealt with a bit of repellant, or do I need a Bee Keeper ensemble? Actually I'm trying to determine if I will need to buy a mosquito tent to be able to sit outside in the evening.

One more thing... do the "Thermacell" devices they sell at Sam's Club work as an acceptable deterrent?
Gerri (Gary) Ewing
Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Last year uCamp was in July and I don’t remember it being especially buggy.  But, there has been a very wet spring, so who knows.  The Thermacell works.  Grab some now - they are a popular item.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    The Thermacell devices work very well.   You can get the refills much cheaper on amazon than buying them at walmart or Dicks.     I have a couple that I take with on summer scout outings and very significantly reduce the mosquitos buzzing me,    keep in mind how much wind there is and direction.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Thermacells do not work if you are walking. I am sensitive to the vapor, so I don't put the device right below me (there are so many kinds now!). I have a lantern that takes AAA batteries for the light. The Thermacell unit is separate. At our impromptu gather-rounds (sans fires, jus' chairs) we put them between every other chair. Work perfectly.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)