Options

Buyers Remorse

2»

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    @Photomom Unfortunately, most every RV seems to require pulling the fridge to do any repairs on it

Plumbing wise, RVs and homes.. I've never met one where the plumbing was easy to get to .. except maybe when I've had issues with first floor plumbing and an open basement and the issue is in that part of it..

RV Plumbing takes a lot of abuse from the bouncing around on the roads and if you ever hit a city water hookup with high pressure and forgot to use a regulator (not saying I ever did this but .. well, maybe I did this with my previous RV... who knows? i"m not talking...)  still no fun for sure when the leak is in an inaccessible location. I just wonder if you'd really have had an easier time with any other campers.. especially small ones.. have to pack stuff in every crevice

You’re right, of course, and it could be much worse. At least we don’t have motorized slides and levelers and awnings and who knows what all. 

But I’m just saying - there really should be a MUCH larger access panel behind the toilet...
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    edited June 2019
    @Photomom & @VictoriaP   I will still take DIY repairs on my T@B versus trying to fix a car / truck any day (I can fix anything that isn't an engine or motor vehicle for some odd reason)

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• Options
    @Photomom & @VictoriaP   I will still take DIY repairs on my T@B versus trying to fix a car / truck any day (I can fix anything that isn't an engine or motor vehicle for some odd reason)

Would you like to come and help me cut a big honking hole in my bathroom wall and fix my plumbing? I have wine. 
  • Options
    Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2019
    Relieved to report no buyers remorse.  We just finished a 12 day trip and focused on traveling light.  The two small terriers have taken a bit of time getting used to less space but definitely started getting into the trailer and trip.  When the bed is made it works best when one of us is moving around at a time but that's not much different than the tent we used for years yet we have the advantage of heat if it gets too cold at night, relaxing over a nice breakfast, and not having to go outside for night bladder breaks.  In the evening we relaxed watching TV or playing cards and agreed it is cozy and the perfect size for us.  

The T@B 320 towed well.  It tracked right behind the car, didn't budge when passed by semis and handled strong cross winds in S. Dakota without fishtailing.  I'm amazed at how easy it is to back and fits like a glove in small sites. It was SO nice not to be forced to staying around large motor homes.  
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The new Norcold is much more maintenance and repair friendly with the dual vents creating access. I am rather curious why they opted for the hatch instead of an access panel in the bathroom. Perhaps less opportunity for shower water to get into that space?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JerseyJersey Member Posts: 21
    Not sure I'd call it buyers remorse, but am considering selling mine.  Been less than a year and it's a great trailer, but given everything that comes with RV ownership from towing, maintenance, additional accessories needed,  expense, camping style, I'm giving it some thought. Gave all those factors pre-purchase but wasn't until after ownership did those come a reality.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    @Jersey There’s definitely a lot more to it than people realize. It isn’t for everyone, and sometimes you have to try it to figure out whether or not it’s right for you. The good news is that these trailers do hold much of their value, and generally sell pretty easily at this time of year. Best of luck to you!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    JerseyJersey Member Posts: 21
    Thanks. It would truly be sad if I were to sell it after the long road to getting it.  It has no bearing on my opinion on the quality and design of these trailers. They are great units.
  • Options
    @Photomom in all seriousness, with drywall in homes I am a bit more adventurous.. I've had to pull down sections and patch it before .. The big issue in the T@B of course is that once you start cutting holes you will want a way to NICELY close it back up again.

I wonder if one could get a chunk of the material the walls are made of big enough to kind of excise out an area and then when done put a patch over that is kind of like the access section they put on the back wall...

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

• Options
    @Photomom in all seriousness, with drywall in homes I am a bit more adventurous.. I've had to pull down sections and patch it before .. The big issue in the T@B of course is that once you start cutting holes you will want a way to NICELY close it back up again.

I wonder if one could get a chunk of the material the walls are made of big enough to kind of excise out an area and then when done put a patch over that is kind of like the access section they put on the back wall...

Someone here literally just cut a hole in his bathroom wall to fix a leak. I detest plumbing though. 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @DigitalSorceress I was able to get these samples of Azdel from NuCamp by asking. I share them at my gathering so people can see and feel what the walls are made of (and hopefully connect the dots as to why hanging a heavy shelf is a bad idea...)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @DigitalSorceress I was able to get these samples of Azdel from NuCamp by asking. I share them at my gathering so people can see and feel what the walls are made of (and hopefully connect the dots as to why hanging a heavy shelf is a bad idea...)
    The interior wall behind the toilet though isn’t Azdel, it’s a thin plywood. I think if I had to get into that plumbing, I would likely cut all but a frame of that wall out and then replace it with some sort of plastic/acrylic/etc. sheet edged with a gasket for waterfproofing. Add back in the hatch to access the pump as needed. Then I’d screw the plastic into that plywood frame I’d left for easy reaccess later. I’m with Photomom on this one, that tiny hatch is insufficient for repairs that will be needed as some point in the trailer’s lifetime, and the entire panel should have been made removable by design.

For that matter, there’s open space above the hatch that would make a fine tiny medicine cabinet.

2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @VictoriaP  """For that matter, there’s open space above the hatch that would make a fine tiny medicine cabinet.""

indeed.. there seems to be some usable space that is not being used there... WE MUST USE ALL THE SPACE

And yeah the interior walls seem to be some form of wood covered with the same stuff thee rest of the not-birch part is covered in

~Tananda

• Options
    @Photomom """ I detest plumbing though. ""

I hear you..  The good thing is I'm pretty sure they plumb with PEX so it's super easy compared to sweating copper pipes (and those never make sense in an RV.. older boats and RVs used pressure-capable hoses mostly.. but PEX has kind of revolutionized that... much easier to work with

~Tananda

• Options
    ... WE MUST USE ALL THE SPACE

YES! Indeed we must! 😁

Seriously, though, that area does seem usable. I’ve reached in and felt all around, looked at pics from the factory. It seems to be dead space currently, and if I could find a good waterproof insert for it, I’d be all over that mod.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    idletabidletab Member Posts: 57
    I will say that I haven't yet seen the good side of NuCamp customer service. Hopefully they can show that side to me.