Options

Front window maintenance question

PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
We are attempting to do front window maintenance as specified in this procedure: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/xf/uitelp0amp0a.pdf

Screws out no problem. We tried sliding the window out of the rail but there is a rubber stop on both sides that keeps it from sliding.
See red arrow in picture.

If anyone has done this procedure, did you have this issue and how did you get the window off?

if someone has their T@B handy, would you please look to see if you have these bumpers? You will need to look from outside and open the window all the way to see them.

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    LisaTucsonLisaTucson Member Posts: 60
    I don't have bumpers but I do have a set screw on the upper right side.
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
    2016 T@B 320 S Outback ("Scout")
    TV: 2013 Lexus 450h
    "You never know when you're having good luck." ~ Unknown
  • Options
    I don't have bumpers but I do have a set screw on the upper right side.
    We have that screw and when we removed it the window slides maybe 1/3” in the track but is stopped by the bumpers. They seem pretty firmly fixed so we don’t know if we should remove them. 
  • Options
    LisaTucsonLisaTucson Member Posts: 60
    Hmmm...makes me wonder if I’m missing the bumpers. Can you tell how they’re attached?

Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
    2016 T@B 320 S Outback ("Scout")
    TV: 2013 Lexus 450h
    "You never know when you're having good luck." ~ Unknown
  • Options
    Hmmm...makes me wonder if I’m missing the bumpers. Can you tell how they’re attached?

Do not see any screws - we’re thinking some kind of adhesive. Stuck really tight though so we don’t want to try to force them off.  
  • Options
    Come on, people, has NO ONE done this maintenance procedure? Tsk, tsk. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    I looked at the picture in the maintenance link and the bumper is intact on the right side of the window.  If it were me, I would remove the left side bumper and then slide the window off the hinge to the right.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    When I replaced our front window, I remember that the window has to be near vertical open before you slide it to the right.  Those instructions don't mention this.   I don't think we had those bumpers, just the set screw.  If opening higher doesn't work, I'd remove those bumpers. 
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    We only had the screw, no bumpers.  2018 CSS.  Followed the instructions exactly, blue gaffers tape and all.  FWIW the seals looked pretty good.
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Photomom said:
    Come on, people, has NO ONE done this maintenance procedure? Tsk, tsk. 
    My T@B is covered over the winter and is not directly exposed to ice and snow. It also seems most of the important stuff can be visually inspected with the window in place, in particular the seal between the camper wall and the top bracket.
    The instructions are a little vague in this regard, but I guess I wouldn't feel compelled to remove the window unless something appeared loose or otherwise suggestive that a repair was in order.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    TBH, this is the first time I have seen this reference. I had my front window done as a model. I will add this to my annual list. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014