Options

This darned fridge! (Maybe)

We are camping without hookups this week, so we’ve been running the fridge on propane 24/7 and the Alde at night for heat. This morning (day 7 of our camping trip) we woke to the tick-tick-tick of the fridge trying to relight itself, and the green light was off. The stove wouldn’t light either and when we took the tank out it was noticeably very light. We had gotten the tank filled before leaving and had weighed it to make sure it was full. 

It it seems like a full tank should last longer than a week - what has your experience been?

This fridge has been a pain. It works well on 120 and has been working okay on propane this summer, after we spent a small fortune getting the interrupter replaced this spring. If there was room I’d rip the darned thing out and replace it with an ARB. 
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    At least one person has replaced theirs with an IndelB ARB-equivalent. So tempting! 😊

When I looked up typical propane usage here and in the Facebook groups a while back, 7-14 days was what I found, all depending on which appliances were used and what ambient temps they had to cope with. Between both fridge and Alde, I’m not too surprised at it being on the shorter end. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Photomom said:
    It it seems like a full tank should last longer than a week - what has your experience been?

I know your pain. I usually get 2 weeks.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    I use about a half a tank in a week. I don't use the Alde or stove more than one a day, but I do use the T@B tank to power my Q grill, which is pretty thirsty. The fridge itself should use very little propane.
    2015 T@B S