Options

2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite Factory Inverter

I have a 2019 T@B 400 Boondock lite with factory solar panels.  I am wanting to have the factory inverter installed.
For those who have the factory inverter, what can it run?  Will it run the Cool Cat on AC?  Will it run the microwave?
And if yes, how long will the inverter run the Cool Cat?
What other items do you run with the inverter?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Here is a discussion concerning a factory installed inverter and the microwave.  The inverter could not run it, so I would say it also can’t run the A/C.  Not sure if they have upgraded the optional inverter, but I don’t think the stock batteries can run an A/C - maybe multiple lithium batteries and a large inverter?

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8230/t-b-400-2018-any-way-to-add-a-microwave#latest
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    GrayGhostGrayGhost Member Posts: 23
    Thank you for the discussion thread
  • Options
    Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
    We have a ‘18 400 and the inverter is 1200 watts. I used an immersion blender in it today to make a smoothie - battery dropped by about 12% in 3 minutes! It’s certainly good for charging electronics that need 110v rather than 12v/USB.

There’s no way your going to run A/C off the stock AGM battery / inverter. You would need a lithium battery setup with a bigger inverter. For A/C you will either need a generator or check out the Yeti Goal Zero as a generator alternative - people have reported about 2.5 hours of A/C off o the Goal Zero - for me that would be perfect as I would probably just want to run it 20 or 30 minutes before bed to cool things down a bit.
    Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,679
    I'm not sure where you are getting "12 percent of your battery in 3 minutes" unless I don't realize how big your blender might be.

My immersion blender is 200 watts, max.  In theory, it will use 16 amps per hour (200 watts divided by 12 amps).   So, about 1 amp every four minutes.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @GrayGhost  The math on running AC on battery is really ugly for any amount of time.   

Not sure about your cool cat,  but my 320 ac requires about 75 amps at 12 volts to run  through a 3000 watt inverter, not counting starting surges and such.   I have 200 amp hours in battery and can comfortably run ac for about 2 hours.

Just super rough math here,  10 hours would require 750 amp hours........assuming a 12 volt system.

In lead acid batterys that means 1,500 amp hours in your battery bank
    In Lithium world that means about 950 amp hours in your battery bank.

Then we need to talk about how you are going to recharge it.    Solar, wind,  generator 

the recharge numbers are huge,  we are looking at about 12kwatts.    

It can be done,   just very cost prohibitive.  

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
    I'm not sure where you are getting "12 percent of your battery in 3 minutes" unless I don't realize how big your blender might be.

My immersion blender is 200 watts, max.  In theory, it will use 16 amps per hour (200 watts divided by 12 amps).   So, about 1 amp every four minutes.
    My immersion blender is 200 watts as well. I ran it for about 3 minutes and watched my battery charge go from 100% to 88% in those 3 minutes.
    Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    GrayGhostGrayGhost Member Posts: 23
    Factory info from an email  The inverter system is a 1200 watt output. It would only power an outlet that NuCamp would install with the inverter kit. The inverter does not have enough power to run an AC or any appliance with a heating element.   It was designed mostly to charge electronics originally but can power small items for a bit.