I need some "pretend I'm a 6-year-old" advice on the sequence of steps when hooking up to shore power using a surge protector (one is on its way to me so haven't seen instructions). I've looked through a bunch of YouTube videos and they skip the basic steps and then I got some conflicting info. It comes down to: do I attach the cord to my [email protected]
first...or do I do all the stuff at the pedestal first and THEN plug into [email protected]
? Here are the steps as I understand them. Am I doing them in the correct order?
1. Turn OFF breakers at pedestal.
2. Plug in surge protector at pedestal. (Am I waiting for some kind of signal on surge protector telling me it's OK to turn breakers on??)
3. Turn ON breakers (I guess after I have the ok from surge protector)
4. Plug in cord to [email protected]
5. Attach cord to plugged in surge protector.
1. Turn off breakers.
2. Unplug from shore power.
3. Unplug from [email protected]
Is this correct??
Aggie/2019 [email protected]
; Alde Compact 3020 HE/2019 Toyota Rav4 Adventure AWD/ Rockville, MD (a D.C. suburb)