Options

Danby AC T@B 320 Leaking

Started up my AC in the driveway before heading out to camp.  Checked and noticed water dripping from bottom corner onto seat.  LOTS of water!!!!  Checked the manual and they stated: “Water dripping inside:  Possible cause:  It is an extremely humid day.  Solution:  On an extremely humid day, this is expected.  NO action required.”    Easy for them to say, but hard to sleep with water dripping on you all night!!!!!!!  Has anyone had a similar problem.  I’m in MI and the humidity is 73% today.  Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    edited July 2019
    As you face the Danby, the drain is in the front right corner.  So, you should lower the tongue and tilt just slightly to the passenger side to let the drain collect the condensate.  Even if you just lower the tongue, you will encourage it to move toward the drain.  

Pics in this thread.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/116414#Comment_116414
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    LittleBoyBlueLittleBoyBlue Member Posts: 22
    I use a free bubble app on my Android phone and lay it on the floor of my T@B during set up to make sure I tilt it enough to get the condensation to flow into the drain.
    Mike & Sara Ross - Panama City, Florida - mrosspc@gmail.com - 2015 Toyota Sienna - Little Boy Blue - 2018 T@B S

• Options
    Dan_RDan_R Member Posts: 6
    My ac cabinet has been dripping on humid days for some time now. I took out the ac and found a crack in the drip tray. I used fiberglass to coat it and it solved the worst of the drips. I noticed it again and took out the ac and used a spray on waterproofing. It seemed fine until the humidity when up to 90%. The wood frame is soaked were the cabinet and the shelf meet the aluminum frame of the window/shade. Pulled the ac again and it is bone dry inside the cabinet. Not a leak. Lots of condensation from humidity and 2 people breathing I guess. Got to figure out a way to improve ventilation on rainy days.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @Dan_R - sounds like you need to crack the overhead vent and a window.  I assume you have the A/C fan turned on.  Once, we camped down in a valley in southern Ohio and it was thick with humidity.  We turned on the A/C and left.  On return, the entire inside was dripping from the ceiling, inside cabinets, etc.  We had not turned on the A/C fan or ventilated the cabin.  The A/C could not keep up with dehumidifying.  Oops!  Not sure if will make a difference, but we insulated around the front frame and we also use the clear, plastic radiator vents to separate the hot discharged air out the rear of the A/C.
  • Options
    dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    Fox said:
    Started up my AC in the driveway before heading out to camp.  Checked and noticed water dripping from bottom corner onto seat.  LOTS of water!!!!  Checked the manual and they stated: “Water dripping inside:  Possible cause:  It is an extremely humid day.  Solution:  On an extremely humid day, this is expected.  NO action required.”    Easy for them to say, but hard to sleep with water dripping on you all night!!!!!!!  Has anyone had a similar problem.  I’m in MI and the humidity is 73% today.  Thanks
    Check the bottom of the plastic tray for cracks, specifically the corners with a flashlight, mine was cracked and did the same thing it also leaked inside the bathroom partition wall.  I just posted how I found it and what I did to fix it here: Tab 320S A/C Leak

I would bet you have the same issue going on.  It shouldn't be a leveling issue unless you have the trailer really tilted back.  The tray has an extension that goes through the wall and it is tapered down to allow it to drain.  the tray is also about 2 inches deep so unless that thing is plumb full it isn't going to drip out the top.
  • Options
    @dhauf - I believe most cases of the A/C dripping onto the cushions over has been related to not positioning the tongue down to encourage draining into the provided drain.  Fox posted 2 years ago.  
  • Options
    @dhauf - I believe most cases of the A/C dripping onto the cushions over has been related to not positioning the tongue down to encourage draining into the provided drain.  Fox posted 2 years ago.  
    Oops didn't realize how old this post was.  Ok I guess I am just going to stop replying now.  Haven't been on this forum in a long time and just thought I would catch up. 
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    @dhauf, your comment about the tray having a crack is great information to share. Previous to our 2020 400 BDL, we had a 2017 320-S and it dripped due to a crack. Flex seal tape to the rescue!

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Dutch061 said:
    @dhauf, your comment about the tray having a crack is great information to share. Previous to our 2020 400 BDL, we had a 2017 320-S and it dripped due to a crack. Flex seal tape to the rescue!

Brad
    HAHA thanks Brad thats awesome to know, I now keep a roll of that flex seal tape in my Camper maintenance bag!  Love that stuff.  I patched my two cracks with Flex shot and flex tape, it worked great for me also.
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    FWIW...I had the same drip last summer and tipping the trailer down a tad (and made sure the drain tube was clear) and it stopped.  I'm now replacing my a/c and noticed that the level measured at the tongue is not the same as the level of the drip tray in the a/c cabinet, mine was tipped back a bit.  So now I know to add a little more tip to the tongue.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4