Options

Avia Owners...?

2»

Comments

• Options
    LifeatSunsetLifeatSunset Member Posts: 4
    Denny16 said:
    Since the tongue weight is around 700 lbs, you can assume the Gross Vehicle weight is at least 7,000 to 7,500 lbs.  Dry weight is around 5185, so you can haul at leas 2K lbs inside the trailer.   Call to nuCamp will get your the actual figures.
    cheers.
    I ballpark guesstimated those numbers but it would be nice to see it in ink. Although it may not matter. NuCamp has been playing with numbers on weight too. The latest show with the loss of the air8 upfront now, that tongue and dry weights dropped. I have asked NuCamp about what the real weights are. They did tell me in mid production, the axle pitch was changed to raise the trailer so its ground clearance is now 13". Thats helps me some if I can come to terms with the length. Also an FYI, their standard solar package cannot be used if you want to add another panel. They said it would take a rewire and new controller after the purchase. 
  • Options
    LifeatSunsetLifeatSunset Member Posts: 4
    I heard back form NuCamp about the weight and they just said what their brochure says, approx. 7000 lbs Gross vehicle weight. Not too helpful that's cool. I got the impression this guy was not too keen on answering questions, but that's just me inferring a "tone" into his email. Have a good day all. 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Denny16 said:
    Since the tongue weight is around 700 lbs, you can assume the Gross Vehicle weight is at least 7,000 to 7,500 lbs.  Dry weight is around 5185, so you can haul at leas 2K lbs inside the trailer.   Call to nuCamp will get your the actual figures.
    cheers.
    I ballpark guesstimated those numbers but it would be nice to see it in ink. Although it may not matter. NuCamp has been playing with numbers on weight too. The latest show with the loss of the air8 upfront now, that tongue and dry weights dropped. I have asked NuCamp about what the real weights are. They did tell me in mid production, the axle pitch was changed to raise the trailer so its ground clearance is now 13". Thats helps me some if I can come to terms with the length. Also an FYI, their standard solar package cannot be used if you want to add another panel. They said it would take a rewire and new controller after the purchase. 
    If the height of the step on the one we looked at Saturday was any indication, yep it is tall! Hubby had a hard time getting out. Definitely need to add another step. Also Paul at Beckley's answered my question about the A/C. The 15K ceiling unit in the main room doesn't cut it. I'm wondering if another small roof unit could be added in the bedroom in place of the ceiling fan.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I heard back form NuCamp about the weight and they just said what their brochure says, approx. 7000 lbs Gross vehicle weight. Not too helpful that's cool. I got the impression this guy was not too keen on answering questions, but that's just me inferring a "tone" into his email. Have a good day all. 
    How can they say approximately gross weight? The gross weight is determined by the max weight of the axles and frame. Whatever the max specs are on the frame and axle they are using that is the gross weight. Now the dry weight and dry tongue weight can vary.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, gross vehicle weight is kind of set in stone, or steel in this case...
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Maybe more or less depending on selected options?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited June 2022
    The base Gross Vehicle weight, is the max weight the trailer and it’s contents can weigh.  You add additional options, your payload capacity drops, but not the gross weight.  The options become part of the overall trailer weight, which still can not exceed it gross vehicle rating.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    box1box1 Member Posts: 4
    rbtx said:
    Just FYI for those considering an Avia (off topic but ties in with the specs shown) - I noticed a tidbit of spoken info during PJ’s walk-thru video (PrincessCraft) that mentioned the Avia may be going to a rooftop AC design. I emailed NuCamp about it and they called me back yesterday and confirmed that 15,000 BTU rooftop units are now being used.  The specs shown in the previous comment include the previous 8,000 BTU non-rooftop design.  I don’t know how that may affect trailers already for sale on the lots with dealers.
    Avia #0001 has the Air 8 and 13,550 BTU on roof.  Air 8 is very quiet at night.