Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site! Part 2

Comments

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    @dsfdogs- love the pics and the pups!  I chose not to dump when I left the campground (8AM) because I was afraid I would break the black and grey water gates.  Bottom line is that we are pushing the season and probably should have winterized  ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 587
    @2Cougs totally agree to pushing it...we are living on the edge!  =)
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited October 2018
    @Boulderjay, location of those brrrrrr conditions, please. Driving from the Detroit area to salt lake city in  few days, with the t@b in tow, departing  this coming weekend. Just "sizing up" the weather ahead. Thanks.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    edited October 2018
    @dsfdogs stunning scenery! Reggie has been ours for four years now, and I’ve taken him on a few single nights camping but never an extended time. I left his brother from another mother home with the family. It was a successful trip. Whoever owned him at some point taught him how to car travel. Whoever dumped him off to die, well, you fill in the blanks. He’s our quirky but beloved rescue pup! A hair dryer also works on dump gates I’ve heard. When I winterize I put antifreeze in the sink and shower p-traps, down the toilet and an inch in the toilet to keep the gasket from having issues. You can then quickly open and shut the black and grey dump gates to get antifreeze in there, too, so they don’t freeze and crack. That would not be good! I use a half gallon altogether. As for the pump I only use it when I run the shower. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    BoulderjayBoulderjay Member Posts: 37
    @Boulderjay, location of those brrrrrr conditions, please. Driving from the Detrkoit area to salt lake city in  few days, with the t@b in tow, departing  this coming weekend. Just "sizing up" the weather ahead. Thanks.
    Dragons , we were  above Morrison Colorado  off of  285  but all that snow is already a distant memory! All of Colorado looking sunny and dry for the next week or so. The scenery will be amazing, snow covered peaks and still some color in the leaves! Enjoy your trip
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart I bet Reggie enjoyed one-on-one time with Mom!

Even though my trailer is garaged and it doesn't get below 40, I'll do as you with the antifreeze. But I was wondering if there is anything to do while still camping as we were when the temps dip. I had brought some antifreeze with me for the shower P trap, but I assume adding any to the gray/black tanks, when diluted with their contents, wouldn't have helped?
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    @Dcarlton Morro State Beach?  Looks great!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    edited October 2018
    At Fort Mitchell, Al
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Nice shots @BrianZ!  BTW, try staking down the visor straight down to the ground - others have avoided the flip over the top during winds using this technique.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Thank you, @Sharon_is_SAM, I'll try that next time.  We had extra tent stakes we could have used & had even received a weather alert about the high winds coming with the cold front, but thought we'd be ok with the cords around the stabilizers & cinched down tight.  Wrong! 
    It sure makes a lot of noise when it flips up & down like that & it was not a restful night, but I wasn't about to try taking it down in the wind & darkness.  So, waited until morning to remove the visor.  Just glad it survived intact.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @BrianZ, Thanks for sharing the great shots of your adventure!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2018
    @BrianZ and @atlasb- Love the Fall foliage and colors in your pics!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Looks like you're ready for a Halloween party, @Mouseketab!  I guess it takes two vehicles to pull a trailer & a golf cart?  I like the "blue room".
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Last week at Uchee Creek, Ft Mitchell Al

BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Nice looking!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    Last week at Bass Harbor Campground ME

2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    Rolltide82Rolltide82 Member Posts: 89
    BigGrover said:
    Last week at Uchee Creek, Ft Mitchell Al

I never even knew about that campground....I go to Lakepoint in Eufaula all the time...
  • Options
    It's military, $24/night.  Let me kniw if you want to go sometime.  Where are you located?
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
    Silver Falls state park October 20. Not much water in any of the waterfalls, still a nice time.
  • Options
    @treefrog I bet it was nice and quiet in there now.  Love the white TV and 400. Another owner here in Bend have the same TV and all white 320-spiffy! Can I ask where you purchased your 4Runner? I'm ready to upgrade to a '18 or '19 (has to be silver to match the 320)!
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
    We bought it at Beaverton Toyota. They were good to deal with except for how hard they pushed the extended warranty. Lexus and Toyota are the two top rated lines for reliability. So why buy a warranty?
    My wife likes the silver color the best, me too.  Not sure why we bought a white one, really like the 4Runner.
  • Options
    Rolltide82Rolltide82 Member Posts: 89
    BigGrover said:
    It's military, $24/night.  Let me kniw if you want to go sometime.  Where are you located?
    I am originally from Columbus GA however now I live in Warner Robins Ga.  I'll let you know sometime.  I don't camp much in the fall or winter.  I save up my vacation to go ski in Colorado a few times every year.
  • Options
    Winter we are heading douth to Foley.  May hit U hee Creek on or two more times this fall.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
This discussion has been closed.