2019 Fall J@m – September 13, 14, 15 - Pacific NW, Fort Worden State Park, WA

Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146

2019 Fall J@m – September 13, 14, 15 - Pacific NW

T@b and Friends Gathering at Ft Worden State Park, Pt Townsend, WA

It is almost time for the WA State Park Reservation system to open for next September’s J@M…booking your site early is highly recommended!  This will be our third year to gather and camp at the beautiful Ft. Worden State Park, WA. Please plan to join in the weekend of September 13, 14, and 15, 2019 (Friday most will arrive, Saturday activities, Sunday wrap up).

• WHERE:  WE RECOMMEND YOU RESERVE YOUR SPOT IN THE UPPER FOREST CAMP AREA SO WE CAN BE COZY TOGETHER AGAIN! And it has offered us more protection from wind.

• RATES: WA State Parks honors various discounts, too, such as Disabled, Veteran, etc. if you sign up accordingly.  Park Rules: http://parks.state.wa.us/179/Rules-Regulations or call the WA State Park Reservations Line for more information.

We will put together an agenda much closer to the date, but wanted to get everyone watching the State Park site for early registration!  This has been a warm and fun group.  We talk, we laugh, we eat, we mod and help each other.  Won't you join in?

Happiest Holidays to all,
Melanie, Frank and the Corgis
2017 T@b Max S Sofitel

Comments

• Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    edited December 2018
    Folks have started booking to arrive Thursday actually.  I am hearing the Upper Forest is Filling up; if so, you can drop down to the lower beach area and snap a site.  As you sign up, please add your names and site numbers to the google SIGNUP doc above so others will be able to book close to the T@bs that are already booked as room is available.  It is nice to have T@b neighbors next door.  And we will all muster for the potluck and mod walk/talks and have an agenda to keep folks coordinated when you arrive.  We may have to take over the whole park in 2019!  ;-) Melanie
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Forest camps appeared filled already,  DBCooper will be out in the open beach camps.  😎
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• RobnrinaRobnrina Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2018
    @Mariner459 I can’t seem to access the signup spreadsheet.  I can see it but can’t type on it.  Rob and Rina Myers, site 37
    2019 320 s T@b white/ black
    2008 Honda Ridgeline 
  • CampwiseCampwise Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2019
    Updated 1/29
    We were able to get a reservation to arrive Wed, depart Thur.  Currently no sites are available Sept 13-14-15.  As of today there are a few more Wed/Thu sites open in the lower beach campground.  From the spreadsheet, looks like there will be a couple of other t@bers there then.  It will be a pleasure meeting you!   
    2018 320S - 2017 V6 Toyota Highlander - Port Townsend WA
    @Robnrina Hi...We recommend accessing the sheet linked here in the forum post from a computer rather than a phone.  If you still have difficulty and want to send your info via private message here, we can transfer it for you. We look forward to seeing everyone!
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    @Mariner459
    Sandi and I are sorry to have to cancel due to another commitment. We will miss seeing everyone.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    Oh no, Dale and Sandi! You will be sorely missed! Thanks for letting us know.  If anything changes, let us know that, too! I am sure Jill, Adam, and others will help fill those big Helman shoes for the mod cause..see yall in 2020 buddies!
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    If anyone cancels for this or East meets West and there's a way to take over a campsite, I would love to do so! New T@b owner (soon), and of course all reservations for both events are long gone. Thanks!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • FishmanFishman Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2019
    If anyone is thinking about canceling their campsite, let us know, we will take it. Ft. Worden
    Thanks
  • SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    Just cancelled site 12 at Lincoln Rock for May gathering.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • 1968Healey1968Healey Member Posts: 64
    I’ll get in line as well.  If anybody wants to cancel their Ft. Worden camp site for Sept, I’ll take it.
    2020 T@B 400
    2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Seattle, WA
  • NewTabersNewTabers Member Posts: 4
    I am not sure how this happened but we just nabbed site 76 for the September outting. We are very excited to meet everyone. We picked up our Tab last weekend and are taking it out for its inaugural trip this coming Saturday.
    NewTabers said:
    I am not sure how this happened but we just nabbed site 76 for the September outting. We are very excited to meet everyone. We picked up our Tab last weekend and are taking it out for its inaugural trip this coming Saturday.
    JEALOUS! I’ve been stalking the site for weeks with no luck. Congrats!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    Just snagged site #70. If you’re still waiting, keep checking back on the reservations site every few days!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    edited August 2019
    Had to cancel, change in plans. Site #70 currently open!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    If you are coming and have not filled in your info on the spreadsheet, please go to:
    and fill in your info.  We use this for a variety of things including how many mementos to make. =)
    We are down to counting weeks instead of months until we gather!!!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• pjabbottpjabbott Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2019
    I have site 56 booked Friday-Sunday and it's looking increasingly likely I can't make it.  Would anyone be interested in either coordinating a cancellation or paypaling me the fees in exchange for changing the name on the reservation?

EDIT: I have cancelled.
    edited September 2019
    @pjabbott - so sorry to hear that we will not see you.  Thanks for posting here... there were some people looking to join in.  Maybe @1968Healey???  Maybe @Fishman ???    They were looking for a site earlier.

F@ll J@m is this week!  With Melanie not being able to attend, I am trying to step in and make sure people know what is happening.   

The weather looks like it has turned to Fall, so our "warm dry tents" (otherwise known as our T@bs) will come in handy.  

We are planning a pot luck for Saturday... so bring something tasty to share.

Register with Park and get your site set up.  Then stop by site 60 to let us know you made it.   This is when you can pick up an "Open for Mod Talk" sign (if you want to show off your mods Saturday), get a memento if you want one, and let us know if you brought a popup tent or folding tables for our potluck.

We have found that this is such an awesome location that we do not like to over plan.  There are great things to experience within the park... and Port Townsend has lots of quaint spots to explore.  Plus there will be wonderful people to just sit and hang out with.

Saturday Activities:

10a-12 noon: Organized time for MOD AND GEAR TALK Walkabouts. Look for sites displaying the "Open for Mod Talk" signs; ask before you touch.  This is a good time for Gear swaps, too…. As people walk about, have gear set out and labeled that you wish to find a new home for.

5:30p-7p: POT LUCK Look for clustering of tables and popup tents in the upper forest loop.  Please bring enough of your favorite dish to share (salads, main dishes, vegetables, breads, desserts, etc).  Drag over your own chair, eating plates/bowls/utensils, and beverages. 

PLEASE BRING A POPUP TENT AND/OR FOLDING TABLE IF YOU HAVE ROOM IN CASE WE NEED SHELTER FOR GATHERING. If weather is not conducive to all of us being in one place, this may turn into something more like a progressive dinner...  but we will make it work.

7-9p: Campfires, adhoc live music and sing alongs, stories, games. Drag your chair over and join in with an old friend… or new one! BRING BAGPIPES, GUITARS, CARDS, ETC. May get chilly.

We begin the trek over Wednesday morning, spending the first night in Kirkland with relatives... then head down to Tacoma/Bremerton.   Don't forget if you are taking a ferry, you may want to take your fan cover off to avoid extra charges.

See you all soon!

Hello everyone, Frank and I are sadly unable to attend this year.  We are beholden to 2Cougs, Pam V, Josepha, and others who are regulars and will be able to help Craig and Mary (2Cougs) carry the torch.  Meanwhile, we are canceling our site in a few minutes.  Please go to the Ft. Worden reservation page and snap it up if interested.  Site 65, UPPER Forest, Thurs-Monday was reserved by us.

Team NW, we tried the idea of setting up tshirt orders for this year but we only had 2 orders....maybe decided together this year if you want to try that again for next year.  Thanks, Melanie
  • LoveShackLoveShack Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2019
    Bill and I would like to thank you all for making us newbies feel so welcome!!  I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time with you this weekend but I hope we will  be bumping into you soon! :)  Safe travels! ❤  Elena
    @Mariner459 -  Awesome Rally!!!  Got to spend great time with new friends and old!

• LoveShackLoveShack Member Posts: 2
    There was mention at the potluck of a solo ladies gathering coming up in eastern Washington, I think?  I can't find anything about it.  Can someone steer me in the right direction?  Not sure I'm ready for it but.... I can't wait to go out again!

Under EVENTS- SpoT@b gals end of season trip or contact @Homebodyatheart.  Would love to see you!!!

• FishmanFishman Member Posts: 15
    Will there be another next fall?