Options

2019 Plans?

Comments

• Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Exploring my new home state of Tennessee; hopefully to this campground!

https://www.lorettalynnranch.net/main/
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Des Moines is a very nice city!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @jkjenn- so is Pittsburgh!  Our son went to Carnegie Mellon so visited there several times... And our daughter-in-law is from there so their wedding was there.  It is a beautiful city full of culture!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Enjoying the Sonoran Desert now...  Planning to visit and explore the Salton Sea area,  parts beyond, Joshua Tree, Big Sur possibly and wine country....  Blue Ridge Parkway, uCamp 19, etc. etc. etc.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Enjoying the Sonoran Desert now...  Planning to visit and explore the Salton Sea area,  parts beyond, Joshua Tree, Big Sur possibly and wine country....  Blue Ridge Parkway, uCamp 19, etc. etc. etc.
    Wow, awesome spots....especially Ucamp. 😉

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited February 2019
    Our 2019 is expected to start off similarly to to 2018, with hopefully a short trip into the US in the early spring, and then a few short stays at some familiar provincial parks taking us into the early summer.  We have plans for friends or family to join us on a couple trips, which should be fun. 

My lovely wife will be pursuing education goals starting in the summer, so we've put the brakes on making big plans for the rest of the summer and fall, and will take a "see how it goes" approach, and fit in small trips if time and budget allows. 

After Christmas, I picked up a new toy to play with as well, so I've got another option to entertain myself around the campground, or close to home.

RC rock crawler!

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Well @rkj__ , desperate times call for desperate measures. If it's rf, even I'd play with it, while sitting inside next to the window and fireplace!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    jgram2 said:
    I'd play with it, while sitting inside next to the window
    I was definitely doing that through the recent cold snap we had!
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    jkjenn said:
    uCamp in the summer and then Tetons, Glacier, Banff, and Jasper in the fall.
    While the fall might be okay, watch camping access to the Canadian parks this year. We've had huge turnouts (bigger than normal) nice Canada's 150. Worse yet Jasper is planning to shut down 900 camping spots for renvoation this summer. We've had word that a lot of campgrounds remaining are already filling up.
    ...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,486
    OK, we have a few RV trips planned:  Kentucky in April, uCamp in June, Asseteague in July,  Maine and Campobello in August.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DougWW said:
    jkjenn said:
    uCamp in the summer and then Tetons, Glacier, Banff, and Jasper in the fall.
    While the fall might be okay, watch camping access to the Canadian parks this year. We've had huge turnouts (bigger than normal) nice Canada's 150. Worse yet Jasper is planning to shut down 900 camping spots for renvoation this summer. We've had word that a lot of campgrounds remaining are already filling up.
     Thanks, yes, planning to make reservations this weekend. I did see where Whistler in Jasper was closed for the season. My brother and his wife are getting a hotel in Jasper and had no issues so hopefully camping will not be an issue.

• Options
    norwoodnorwood Member Posts: 63
    Reservations made so far: Feb. Rainbow Springs SP, FL; June Greenwood Furnace SP, PA; July Roan Mountain, TN; Oct. Chehea SP, AL...hopefully more to come!
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    So far it's Edisto Beach State Park, SC in April, üCamp19 in June, and Cloudland Canyon State Park, GA in October. I also plan on doing quite a bit local Alabama camping.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,588
    edited February 2019
    Recently completed my first big 2019 trip to get a break from the rain & snow - - but since that was planned last summer guess it doesn't count. ;)

Expect rest of 2019 will have maybe two big trips that need early planning, rest will be "need to get away for a few days - what looks good locally".

Have fully Planned & mostly Booked the first big adventure starting with Memorial Day weekend visiting a Grandkid :) then:
    Off to Buffalo Camp (5 days) in American Prairie Reserve, central Montana
    Followed by a Dinner Train out of Lewistown, MT

About 17-days  + Grandkid time =) at start/finish
    Eastbound mainly on US-2 (no stop at Glacier NP)
    Westbound more on Interstate southern route with FS camp site stops

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    I have been hesitant to post our "plans" 'cause once you put something on the internet there's no taking it back, but here goes:

Step 1: upgrade from our Forester to a capable TV
    Step 2: acquire a T@B
    Step 3: accomplish this in time to plan a trip to AZ for a significant HS reunion in early June.

I'm happy to report that Step 1 is underway and we placed an order on a new Subaru Ascent today.  I know there are a few Ascent owners here and I will probably post a few questions for them very soon.  We hope to get Step 2 moving forward when we go to the Philly RV show in two weeks and visit with Miller Trailer Sales - fingers crossed.

I will certainly post any significant updates and thank you to this Forum for being a wealth of information and support.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @Travelin3D- Love it when a plan comes together!  Can't wait to hear when you take delivery... And then the T@bventures you partake on =)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Recently completed my first big 2019 trip to get a break from the rain & snow - - but since that was planned last summer guess it doesn't count. ;)

Expect rest of 2019 will have maybe two big trips that need early planning, rest will be "need to get away for a few days - what looks good locally".

Have fully Planned & mostly Booked the first big adventure starting with Memorial Day weekend visiting a Grandkid :) then:

About 17-days  + Grandkid time =) at start/finish
    Eastbound mainly on US-2 (no stop at Glacier NP)
    Westbound more on Interstate southern route with FS camp site stops

I have a little play in my trip itinerary and going through the Prarie Reserve and or  Missouri River Breaks are in the running. Have you been there, before? I just their brochures in the mail.

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,588
    jkjenn said:
    I have a little play in my trip itinerary and going through the Prairie Reserve and or  Missouri River Breaks are in the running. Have you been there, before? I just their brochures in the mail.
    @jkjenn ;  Nope, have not been to that part of Montana before.

Buffalo Camp was actually my second choice.  Had hoped that Antelope Creek CG (off US-191) would have been open.  Was told by Reserve staff that Antelope Creek should now open sometime in June 2019 . . . delayed from Fall-2018 due to contractor issues and weather . . . felt that was too iffy so I've booked Buffalo Camp.

Buffalo Camp will be a challenge for me . . . five nights/days is a long time for our small black water tank {is a waste tote in my future?} . . . also to reach Buffalo Camp is a 20 -to- 30 mile gravel road drive so am thinking about an AC Vent cover to reduce the road dust entering the T@B.  On the plus Buffalo Camp is said to be near the herd so some enjoyable wildlife viewing should happen.
    If your trip is later in summer months Antelope Creek might be a simple option.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    We've had our Tab for a month and we are waiting for the weather to improve. But we are heading for a quick maiden trip to Gettysburg, PA in April. Then:
    Raccoon Creek State Park, PA in May
    Rollins Pond Campground in the Adirondacks in June (Really looking forward to this trip)
    Williamsburg, VA in September
    We will fill in the blanks as the year presses on. 
    We are former tent campers in our early 50's, and I can't wait to sleep in a trailer and not have to get up off of the ground.
    The Tab is small, but planning on camping in the same fashion, cooking and living in the outdoors. So very excited!!!   
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Will probably book uCamp, then have the Blue Ridge Rally reserved for May, have Cloudland Canyon booked for September, then Disney for October. Will fill in other long weekends as opportunities arise.

Was able to add DeSoto State Park for March 15th
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    We've had our Tab for a month and we are waiting for the weather to improve. But we are heading for a quick maiden trip to Gettysburg, PA in April. Then:
    Raccoon Creek State Park, PA in May
    Rollins Pond Campground in the Adirondacks in June (Really looking forward to this trip)
    Williamsburg, VA in September
    We will fill in the blanks as the year presses on. 
    We are former tent campers in our early 50's, and I can't wait to sleep in a trailer and not have to get up off of the ground.
    The Tab is small, but planning on camping in the same fashion, cooking and living in the outdoors. So very excited!!!   
    Are you from western PA? We ha e a handful of us T@bbers in W PA.

• Options
    ktsamektsame Member Posts: 39
    Jackie_Dave Rollins Pond Campground in the Adirondacks is a great spot, camped there a few years ago.  I might suggest you prepare for blackflies.  They can be very pesky that time of year.  Blackflies in the Adirondacks usually die out after 4th of July. There is a FB group you might be interested in call Tear-Up the Adirondacks.  They do some group camping in the Adirondacks and elsewhere.  We attended one last year at Sampson State Park in the NYS Fingerlakes Region. https://www.facebook.com/groups/tearuptheadk/

Happy Camping:)

Kathy 
    2018 T@B 320S - Cl@ra

• Options
    ktsame said:
    Jackie_Dave Rollins Pond Campground in the Adirondacks is a great spot, camped there a few years ago.  I might suggest you prepare for blackflies.  They can be very pesky that time of year.  Blackflies in the Adirondacks usually die out after 4th of July. There is a FB group you might be interested in call Tear-Up the Adirondacks.  They do some group camping in the Adirondacks and elsewhere.  We attended one last year at Sampson State Park in the NYS Fingerlakes Region. https://www.facebook.com/groups/tearuptheadk/

Is Sampson State Park the old military base where they used to house nuclear warheads?

• Options
    ktsamektsame Member Posts: 39
    jkjenn it was the Seneca Army Depot that had the nukes. The Depot was across the road from Sampson. That land is now privately owned and is a white deer preserve. https://www.senecawhitedeer.org/  in the early 80s there was women’s peace encampment there.
    Kathy 
    2018 T@B 320S - Cl@ra

• Options
    Ah, we had albino deer. There was a spot on the way to the roadside ice cream stand where we would stop and watch them. :)

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    jkjenn said:
    ktsame said:

Is Sampson State Park the old military base where they used to house nuclear warheads?
    Sampson has a really cool military museum with artifacts from when it was an active Navy (really) training base.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    bianda620bianda620 Member Posts: 6
    I know, I know...I should have paid attention, I waited too long!  I'm going to blame it on being a newbie.  So I finally highlighted all of the days on my calendar that were options and have been hitting brick walls of unavailabilites, until today.  Anyway, so far it looks like this:  April at Elk Neck State Park, MD, May at Point Lookout SP, MD, June uCamp!, Sept at Lake Anna, VA.  That leaves July and August.....still looking.  Any recommendations in the general DELMARVA area are welcome!
     2017 Pathfinder, P@prika towing 2018 320S Rubi@!
  • Options
    Liam_n_MaggieLiam_n_Maggie Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2019
    Great topic @jkjenn!
    We've been full timing in our little Outback since we bought it new on Oct 30, 2018, and we are totally first timer rookie campers.
    2019:
    First 3 months stayed warm in the Florida Keys, then worked our way up and out of FL staying in various State Forests and State Parks.
    Stopped in New Orleans for a few tasty dinners and live music in the French Quarter, and an amazing beignet at Cafe Du Monde. More boondocking in Louisiana on the beach, and now in Tomball, TX.
    Tomorrow to Austin, then to San Antonio, than to Big Bend National Park.
    From there we're open but have a goal of being in Alaska by June/July.
    We predict we'll head west then north and will surely make a stop in Napa, CA.
    We prefer to wing it than to make any plans and are open to anything.
    We've made a list of the "must see" places (by state) from the very nice people we've met along our travels. We even met someone from Juneau who invited us to drop by when we get to AK.
    We are loving this camper and this lifestyle!!!

2017 T@b S Outback. 2016 Toyota Tacoma.
    Islamorada, FL & Westbrook, CT.
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    Jealous of you all!   One week out from picking up our new T@B 400 Boondock Lite, if all goes as we hope.  Haven’t firmed up any plans beyond the purchase yet, just a lot of hazy dreams.  But, if we didn’t live 2000 miles away, the Oregon coast would have to be high on our list.  As it stands now, maybe we’ll settle for East Texas and Tyler State Park for a maiden shake out run.
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    bianda620bianda620 Member Posts: 6
    I hear you ADRawli!  I think the purchasing/pick up phase left me hazy for a bit as well.  Update:  July and August are booked as well. July at Codorus SP, PA and August in Lum's Pond SP, DE.  6 months of camping will help me understand my little jewel a bit more.  Jumping with joy!
     2017 Pathfinder, P@prika towing 2018 320S Rubi@!