nüCamp revised — Purchasing from the Parts Department effective 1/1/2019

Comments

• rjgorsrjgors Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2019
    I've had my 320 S only since September, but I did have an issue out of the gate. It was a dealer issue and not NuCamp. It was missing the screen door and on delivery day nobody said anything until I spoke up. I told them it was missing and they played dumb and said, "We've never seen screens on any of the other Tabs sold." Clue #1 this dealer is as bad as others have noted.

I told them I would not sign any papers unless it was noted about the screen and they ordered one right away. After pushing back a few times, and me threatening to walk out minus the Tab, they changed their tune. Part was ordered, but they weren't happy they had to order it. I was able to confirm with NuCamp that a screen door was in the unit when it left the factory.

The dealer I have to work with is General RV and they are the only dealer in Michigan that sells Tabs. I really dislike them and do not look forward having to deal with them more.
    Bob
    Richmond, MI

2019 T@B 320 S
  • NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    OOOh I bought mine from General RV in Ohio and only had a minor issue. They seem to sell a lot of different trailers so perhaps the particular salesman was not familiar with NuCamp products
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    I have to agree with all the worries of such a move from Nucamp.  Just affraif that this dicession was taken in an emergency meeting, and that nothing was really planed for it before it happen.

I too have issues trusting my original dealer, that is near me (40 miles on my way to larger city) but needed an appointement every time i wanted something check and an other appointment to fix it when parts would come in and they would not keep the trailer on site.  Did I memtionned that they were closed for november to end of march?  And I now have to make buisness with the dealer that mannage to get exclusive sales for nucamp for the entire province of quebec and that is up to 8 hours away from us (where I live and work half of the year).

and no parts list and suggested price available.  Not to pround of Nucamp right now.

lets just hope that nucamp is growing, and not just getting bigger.  Major difference between both.
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • BenitaBenita Member Posts: 6
    Omigosh rjgors...I got mine from General RV Michigan, too! They've always been a bit shady...tried to give me back my T@B after service with a dead battery...and the guy said "well, batteries don't last that long..." Seriously? It is a new unit!!!! Ugh. I think we both should let NuCamp know that they need to have better representation. Since they are a niche product...and the "whale" gigantic RVs are diametrically opposed from the T@B aesthetic/footprint/audience....maybe they can find smaller but more dedicated sales and service staff elsewhere...
  • hobbithousehobbithouse Member Posts: 25
    We just recently purchased a new tab 400 from our local dealer and had 2 minor issues, a broken table latch and a missing plastic cap end piece on the shower bar mount. Both items were considered as warranty replacement items and the dealership warranty/parts staff assured me that it was being dealt with. After 3 weeks I was rudely told that the items were still on order and to wait, and that they would not do a follow up. On the 4th week I contacted Nu Camp and was helped by Whitney (parts) and Emily (warranty) whom both surmised that there was no record of an order for my parts on file. Emily contacted the dealership who then contacted me minutes later to say the parts were being shipped 2nd day air, followed by a return call from Emily confirming the shipment.

The short of it is I praised my local dealership prematurely. You know the old saying, "fool me once...……". Again Nu Camp has shown its solid commitment to their customers, and a big thank you to Whitney and Emily
    for their support and for being a great asset to the Nu Camp family. I am now tasked with finding another dealer to do business with as my local dealership has breached my confidence and trust. Thank you for this forum.

2019 TAB400 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4dr trd off road
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited February 2019
    I wonder how dealers place orders to NüCamp?  If via email, why couldn't the customer be copied on the order so all involved, NüCamp, dealer and customer,  would have documentation of the order? of course, it's probably not that simple.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    I hope you all are emailing Nucamp & letting them know about the rudeness & shady business practices of any of these dealers where you have had an unfavorable interaction— that is the only way they will know who their good & bad dealers are & will hopefully take appropriate action!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    Does Nucamp have a place for that on their FB page?
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • rjgorsrjgors Member Posts: 41
    NCNative said:
    OOOh I bought mine from General RV in Ohio and only had a minor issue. They seem to sell a lot of different trailers so perhaps the particular salesman was not familiar with NuCamp products
    I know a lot of people that have purchased other RVs from them. The majority have an unfavorable view of GRV
    Bob
    Richmond, MI

2019 T@B 320 S
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,498
    NCNative said:
    Wow. This is a little unnerving. I purchased my T@B in Ohio and I live in the SF Bay Area. I am having trouble finding a local dealer that will help me with minor warranty issues...
    Have you tried Vogel’s in Ukiah? They seem to have a decent rep. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    Dang. My local dealer really doesn't give 2 cents about T@Bs.  Maybe I should trade mine in...
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    edited February 2019
    You can use another TaB  dealer.  Any TaB dealer can order a part for you.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • TaBle42TaBle42 Member Posts: 37
    It’s a shame we need to look at other dealers than the one I have within a mile from me, that sells T@B’s, and services them, that is if you purchase from them....which I didn’t. Sorry, but it erks me that the (this) dealer doesn’t get penalized for this, but that wouldn’t be good business for NuCamp, to lose the dealer, would it?
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    I can tell you that many, if not most, dealers across the country operate in this manner - giving service preference to sale customers.  There is an RV tech shortage and dealers can’t keep up with the workload of their sale customers, let alone others who need service.  On the other hand, there are dealers who come to your aid in a pinch.  There have been more than a few members who required and recieved service on the road.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    It was NuCamp, that came to my aid, twice, for warranty work that two dealers near me couldn’t, or wouldn’t do.  And, I was able to get parts (window curtain clips, decals and missing fasteners) from NuCamp, over night.  I just feel, like many others, that having to get the right parts and service will be a tough and lengthy process. And for some of us, we only have several weeks of vacation per year.
    I have owned my T@B for one year now, and we got to use our TAB only twice, both were visits to NuCamp to get service work done. Hopefully, we will be able to go on a real vacation this year - fingers crossed.  
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ChanW said:

@Verna, can you tell me the name of the dealer you recommend for parts ordering? It would be good to have a parts source that knows Tabs well enough to discuss parts needed. Thanks!

@Chan and others, I have permission from John Gerton, a great dealer, to give you his name and necessary info so you can order from him. He is located in the very Southwest tip of Indiana, within sight of the Ohio River. 

Note:  he does not accept credit/debit cards, so he would need to receive a check or cash before he places the order.

Please leave a voicemail if there is no answer. He is not open on Sundays, abbreviated hours on Saturday, but he will return your call. 

John Gerton
    812-838-2248
    Gerton Auto Sales
    john@gertonautosales.com
    201 W 2nd
    Mount Vernon, IN 47620

I hope this helps someone. 

Verna
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Reading this just bothers me.      How about we, owners,  be a bit more proactive.  Instead of waiting for nucamp and the dealers to sort it out,   why don't we create or at  least contribute information for second sources for parts.       

As noted many parts are common to many rv makers......available on amazon or local rv shops.   limit it to unique to nucamp parts.   blind clips,  specific covers...........   I imagine we will find the list of truly unique to nucamp is fairly small.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
    @Cbusguy good idea, maybe someone could add a topic section for Parts Info! I'm including @Verna for her input.

BigGrover
    Central Alabama
    edited February 2019
    @BigGrover thx,   I am not the sort of fellow to sit back and worry about it.   Probably should be one or two living documents.......a google shared spread sheet that is maintained.    and it would be up to the group to post successful purchases.......probably best to leave the price off.    

Just a thought on possible execution

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XCCgnKq7TYowAjsbyZRj8Z-5ooJpvxseHlJrbins568/edit?usp=sharing
    Please look above at my
    post about John Gerton, a dealer who will help with ordering. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @verna for me an issue with the dealership you mentioned is the check/cash only policy.    So I call or email for a price,  might be a day or two,   then they get back to me,   I send them the money and it takes ????  via snail mail then we have to wait for the check to clear.   So we are already a week or more into the process.    Guessing a two week or longer process to get parts.   Some parts and time of the year that isn't a big issue. but others  

Just too cumbersome.    I hope that nucamp puts up a parts website and I can order direct.
    I agree with others that there should be an easier way to get tab specific parts rather than finding a dealer that isn't interested in helping someone that didn't buy from them, or contacting someone in Indiana when I live in Colorado, then. . . . . . . . then. . . . . . 

Really, can't Nucamp put up a "common tab specific parts" section on their website where we could go, order directly without the ridiculous mark-up that some dealers have come up with, without having to take away time from Elsie, and just order drop-ship with a credit card??
    Woohoo!
  • rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Ditto Ikc001 comment.  I’m still not feeling warm and fuzzy about this directional change. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
    Hey, I found you guys a dealer who wouldn’t mind directing nüCamp to drop ship to whomever needs it, but he simply can’t afford to pay the credit card company’s charges. He’s a great guy and accepted a personal check from me to purchase my Silver Shadow from him. Don’t put him down because just because he doesn’t do business with credit cards. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @verna wasn't putting him down,   just adds about a week or more to the order.    It is his business after all and he can run at he chooses.    Just seems cumbersome 

we are simply a community looking for solutions......maybe we can figure something out.
    You might check Southland RV, Norcross, Ga.  They do a lot of T@b  business.  Based on my experience they know the product.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
    That’s the problem, no one seems to know the product line even though they sell them. The dealer by me isn’t familiar with the Alde system.  Should I take it to them for service? Not.  
    Verna said:
    Hey, I found you guys a dealer who wouldn’t mind directing nüCamp to drop ship to whomever needs it, but he simply can’t afford to pay the credit card company’s charges. He’s a great guy and accepted a personal check from me to purchase my Silver Shadow from him. Don’t put him down because just because he doesn’t do business with credit cards. 
    Wasn’t putting him down in any way Verna— nor knocking you in any way— sorry you took it that way—simply stating a fact that I live in Colorado & I would have to wait how long for a part?  & something simpler seems prudent .
    Woohoo!
  • Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    edited February 2019
    Out of curiosity, what kind of parts are people trying to source?   While creating a spare parts listing I posted on the 400 manual thread, it’s clear that so many of these components are purchased off the shelf by NuCamp.  Other than physical accident damage or the front tub, what parts do people need to get from nuCamp specifically?
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
    Speaking for the 2018 TaB 400 parts:
    Trash can - round inserts that hold the lid on
    Window trim corners-inside
    TaB 400 decals 
    Dinette table back wall clips
    Outside LED light - amber color
    Froley plastic mattress springs 
    Window latches.