Options

nüCamp revised — Purchasing from the Parts Department effective 1/1/2019

1235»

Comments

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Cbusguy I had a similar experience, I commented on a competing Internet provider's FB post and got a call the next business day from my then current provider. Businesses do monitor social media. When they called they said they were just checking out the competitions FB page and saw my comments. I am guessing that NuCamp hangs in the background here mostly, but I bet they are here with a finger on the pulse.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    edited March 2019
    @Cbusguy, I'm glad the tent manufacturer had the resources and foresight to intercept your issue and take steps to make it right. That's a great story, but one anecdote does not prove a point. Am I absolutely certain nuCamp does not regularly monitor this forum? No. As a moderator do I have any reason to think they do regularly monitor the forum? No. If they are, they are doing it well under the radar and I credit their restraint in not driving or dictating forum content.
    More importantly, your comment about moderators is false. While I love my T@B and believe nuCamp makes a great product, I have no personal ties or loyalties to the company. I have never visited the factory, have not met anyone who works there, and have no immediate plans to do so. My only incentive to participate in this forum is to enjoy the conversation and hopefully use my skills and experiences to help and inform other owners. I made all these points very clear when I agreed to be a moderator two years ago.
    I've not weighed in on this parts ordering discussion because I do not have a solid opinion on the matter. Many valid arguments have been made on both sides of the issue. Time will tell if this was a wise decision for nuCamp, and whatever the outcome, they will be the ones to own it.
    You apparently do have strong opinions on the matter. You are welcome to them and encouraged to share them within the expectations of civility. You are not, however, welcome to your own facts.   
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @ScottG, thank you, and Amen!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    edited March 2019
    The real issue is NuCamp moved customer service and satisfaction to 2nd place..the dealers are now more important.

Of course. This is my opinion and not necessarily a fact.

I bought my tab used in part due to direct factory support....this is now gone....
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @ScottG--just for my clarification please, what does this mean?  "You are not, however, welcome to your own facts".   
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited March 2019
    I emailed NüCamp about a possible contact for our dealer issues. Nücamp has added a new position-Dealer Support Manager. Mike Skidmore can be reached at mskidmore@nucamprv.com. He welcomes feedback about your experiences at specific dealers. Please feel free to share details of the great or less than great time you have spent whether looking for a new T@B or seeking parts or service. 

This is great news! I’m hoping someone will add Mike Skidmore’s email to the NüCamp contacts listing.

Judi
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Call NuCamp, got part numbers,  call dealer. They emailed NuCamp for prices, then they called me back...to save shipping costs and have an enjoyable ride to Sugarcreek (as I am in Columbus)I asked if I could order thru them and pickup there.  Was told 'no'.  This is crazy and  poor customer service.  So frustrating.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    tabstel said:
    Call NuCamp, got part numbers,  call dealer. They emailed NuCamp for prices, then they called me back...to save shipping costs and have an enjoyable ride to Sugarcreek (as I am in Columbus)I asked if I could order thru them and pickup there.  Was told 'no'.  This is crazy and  poor customer service.  So frustrating.
    If you live in Columbus, I bet if you took the drive to SugarCreek during business hours and went into the factory office, you could request to purchase whatever you wanted right there. I can't believe they would not sell you something with you right there with cash in hand.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    edited April 2019
    Tbone said:
    It has become very hard to speak of being a T@b owner and not mention the failing support system....am I right?
    I don’t like the new parts policy because talking directly to the factory has been aweome experience 

But I have 2 trailers from Pleasant Valley/NuCamp and they have had provided excellent support for past 5 years
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Who ever said you can’t still talk to the factory folks?  That was never said.  Here is a quote from Scott Hubble’s letter:

“Access to Elsie, Whitney and the rest of the team here is unchanged. You can call us whenever you want - for
    whatever you want. We are here to help and support you.
    o What the new part ordering process means is that we won’t be engaging on the front end, but we are
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    I will still call when I need help and I like my dealer
    But it does add extra stuff that I don’t like it if I have to order parts
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @Tbone I live a couple of miles from the columbus dealer and was treated poorly to the point we bought at another dealer near Philly.   So I feel your pain. 

I have also spoke to some folks who took their trailer in for warranty work and were told to take it directly to the factory instead.    How sad is that,  "We are happy you bought your trailer from us,  But now your a bother,  get off the lot". 

we just need one dealer who is willing to take our CC via phone and drop ship to our homes.   Just a shame it has to be this difficult.  

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    @ChanW @TerryV6 I can tell you that nucamp does monitor this forum,  either through the mods or an employee as I was contacted by my local dealer at the request of nucamp to see what what happened regarding my experiences posted here.   

I spoke with a rep,  and he sent me an email,  I returned to email with a couple of questions and he never responded again.    Just solidified what I thought of the stealership.

While some have posted positive experiences,  mine was not.
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    @Cbusguy. Call Patsy at Miller Trailers in PA.  (215) 249-8327
    She will take your CC and drop ship no worries. 
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @Cbusguy, sorry to hear that.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @jgram2 They should have taken that dealer support manager and made it an end user support manager or a direct parts ordering person.    they could have managed the part ordering from the factory,  completed the walk thru's of the factory pickups.    

@Awca12a having a very positive experience so far with the millers on our purchase.   

• Options
    AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
    NuCamp customer service, and Elsie in particular, has received high praise on this forum over the years. I recently called Elsie to request a water panel key replacement and was informed that NuCamp now wanted such requests to be made to our dealer not them/her. I am disappointed. Our experience with their customer service has been so positive that I regret the change. I have much confidence in our dealer, who has been fine, than I do in Elsie and NuCamp
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    edited April 2019
    @Alan, there are already two ongoing discussions about this topic. They are pinned as announcements at the top of the discussion list.
    For the sake of simplicity, I've moved your recent "Parts Policy" post here.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited May 2019
    Something just hit me. I'm wondering if credit card fees are part of the reason for the change. Selling directly to consumers, nuCamp is most likely getting hit with credit card fees for all those individual parts orders. If the consumer deals with a dealer, the dealer is getting the credit card fees, and nuCamp is working with the dealers on a Purchase Order, invoicing type system.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    The folks on this forum know far more about our T@B's then any employee a dealer has and we do much better work as we have a vested interest in it. Art  
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge