Options

Which 2015 TAB 320 S should I get ????? Please help!

Hi Everyone,

I have learned so much reading through the posts here. I have 2 choices at getting my first TAB 320 S.  One is at a dealership, about an hour away from home, it's a 2015 320 S with front window over the sink great shape and the best out the door price the manager can give me is $15,000.00  The second one is also 2015 TAB 320 S  but NO window over the sink, private seller and she is throwing in a few extras (nothing major). Based on the pics it looks like it too is in good shape, no tears in the cushions, outside of the unit looks nice and she is asking $11,300. The private seller is about 6 hours away and says she is upgrading to a 400 so that's why she is selling.

As stated earlier this is my first ever RV and first TAB.  My question to the group is: 
Is the window in the front over the sink worth the extra $3,700.00 or should I just take the 6 hour trip and get the one with no window for $11,300?  

Any input from you guys would be great!!

Thanks a bunch

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, the window is worth it!  You get better flow through ventilation in the summer with 3 windows than with two. And, I really hate washing dishes without a window in front of me 😉. The non-window space is not where you can mount “thing” to the walls with screws as it is part of the actual wall. Sure you can use Velcro or Command Strips to hang stuff from that wall, but the window is the best. 

Do you get a warranty from the dealer? It’s good to have a dealer close to help with the tough stuff. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Who has the most knowledge about using the T@B and all its components, like the Alde? A thorough, demonstrated walk through is priceless. (I love our window too).
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ArwenArwen Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2019
    If you can afford the more expensive model, then I would highly suggest that you go for that one.  The large front window is what initially drew me to the T@Bs.   This is a pretty small camper and, for me and my boyfriend, without having the large front window, we would likely feel rather claustrophobic.
    When we were shopping for a small camper last year, the most important thing was finding the camper that we were comfortable in (of course it had to be within our budget as well). First impressions when you enter the camper for the first time can be very important. We actually felt more comfortable the little T@B then we were in some of the larger campers, mainly because the T@B had better natural lighting.
    I would rather pay a bit more for a camper that I  really liked, than end up with something cheaper that I wasn't comfortable in.
    Arwen: Northern NH; 2018 T@B 320S Boondock, silver/blue; TV: blue 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The windows is worth it and I do not believe it can be added as a mod.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    If someone offered me $3,700 to take out my front window, I would decline the offer.  You would also save an extra 10 hour road trip by buying at the dealer.  However, If there is sales tax with the dealer, but not the private seller, then that should be factored in.  Good luck!  Either way, you will be happy with a T@B.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    The window can not be added later.  I vote the TaB with the front window.  I think you would regret the less expensive option.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    thegirlsmom511thegirlsmom511 Member Posts: 2
    The front window it is. I need light and think that it would be a better option for me getting from the dealer. I can have someplace to take it if I need help or something needs to be repaired. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Good thinking!  Nice when you can have a dealer reasonably close with whom you can work.  Do you have anyone who knows about RVs who can help inspect it with you?
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Just to give you one more thing to think about... I'm not sure that the front window in the 2015 is openable.  :|

Ours isn't (although we definitely prefer having a window there anyway), and it also required me to make an inside 'storm window' to stop condensation on the window in the winter (it's not insulated glass).

Having said that, many folks have replaced it with the opening type window that is insulated...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    I have a 2015 built in December of 2014. Mine has the insulated opening front window.
    However, at the time improvements would be rolled out on an ongoing basis, not necessarily with the new model year. If the opening window is important to you, it's definitely a detail worth confirming on the particular trailer you are considering.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Impossible to say without seeing them in person

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    PhotoJoePhotoJoe Member Posts: 34
    I don’t know where you are located but I just posted  2015 T@B Max S with the opening front window.  The trailer is in Maryland.  Take a look if you’re interested.
  • Options
    Earlier model trailers don't have the opening front window because of the gaz exhaust located under it. On newer models, when they moved the ventilation for the fridge to the side, the opening front window became the norm.
  • Options
    I have both the front fridge venting and the opening front window. The side venting is relatively recent change that occurred with a change in the 3-way fridge model. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Earlier model trailers don't have the opening front window because of the gaz exhaust located under it. On newer models, when they moved the ventilation for the fridge to the side, the opening front window became the norm.
    My 2014 T@B had the front opening window and had both one ventilation vent on the side, and the two exhausts on the front. The second vent on the side appeared in the 2017/18 models when nüCamp started using Norcold’s newest 3-way fridge model that used a different venting configuration. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Verna, I think the fridge change happened during July, 2016. My very early build 2017 (April 2016) had what was the then standard Norcold fridge. By July, 2016, 2017 models had the "new" Norcold, black with wood tone panels, and the two side vents. It is the only upgrade I have been envious of since taking delivery of my t@b.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thanks, @dragonsdofly. I originally had it as 17/18 and changed it. I should have stayed with my original thought!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    The comment about the taxes wouldn’t be part of my decision because here in Colorado you’re going to either pay the taxes at the dealer or when you go to get your plates if purchasing from a private party— pay me now or pay me later—- the front window is definitely worth the money & I don’t know if you could put one in later
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @lkc001, I'm pretty sure you can't retrofit a front window--at least not easily--as the rough opening for it needs to be built into the aluminum framing when the camper body is first constructed. If you want one, you better get a T@B that already has one. (I love mine!)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    I remember the discussion. If the camper does not start out with a front window, nuCamp can not insert one.