See what's coming on the new 2020 T@B 320!

MandyLeaMandyLea Member Posts: 52
Hey ya'll!

Guess who got to tour the new features of the upcoming 2020 T@Bs?? Here is a post I wrote up about it along with a video, photo, and list of upgrades. The only thing I forgot to mention in the video is that the compartment under the fridge will now be a drawer instead of a hinged cabinet.... sorry, I don't get much sleep, LOL.

Enjoy! 
https://mandyleaphoto.com/2019/03/25/2020-tb-updates-changes/
2018 Black T@B Outback | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Love & Light!

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @MandyLea, thanks for the update! Can you tell us where the air conditioner intake and exhaust are located?  Under the TaB?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • LisaTucsonLisaTucson Member Posts: 60
    @MandyLea, I’m not quite ready to trade in my 2016. However...I’d love to have the “new” door. Do you know if the 2020 door would fit a 2016? BTW, love your videos!
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
    2016 T@B 320 S Outback ("Scout")
    TV: 2013 Lexus 450h
    "You never know when you're having good luck." ~ Unknown
  • 1968Healey1968Healey Member Posts: 64
    Nice video.  Any chance you were able to tour a 2020 Tab 400 as well?
    2020 T@B 400
    2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Seattle, WA
  • HomeyfogleHomeyfogle Member Posts: 4
    https://youtu.be/KbixIlv-1oA

Here's the new 320...Darker cabinets, AC unit mounted in rear storage area with ducting (outside access door removed), storage cabinet now hangs where AC use to be, new flooring, new table and countertops (lighter material), new door handle. It's not a game changer, but worth a look for those in the market. 
    Jim & Mel
    T@B 320 S 2018 / 4Runner Nightshade 2019
    Parker, Colorado
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    https://youtu.be/KbixIlv-1oA

Here's the new 320...Darker cabinets, AC unit mounted in rear storage area with ducting (outside access door removed), storage cabinet now hangs where AC use to be, new flooring, new table and countertops (lighter material), new door handle. It's not a game changer, but worth a look for those in the market. 
    And newly designed door.

Really nice updates. I pretty much love everything but the inability to use the keyless lock. 

Some will not like the light wood, but willing to bet there are equal amounts who like the dark wood. I would be willing to upgrade if it were not for the door lock, I think. With the lighter walls, it does not make the T@b look any smaller and I actually think the grey cushions also make it look brighter and larger.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

@MandyLea, thanks for the update! Can you tell us where the air conditioner intake and exhaust are located?  Under the TaB?
    Under the passenger seat in the rear. No venting necessary.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

@MandyLea, I’m not quite ready to trade in my 2016. However...I’d love to have the “new” door. Do you know if the 2020 door would fit a 2016? BTW, love your videos!
    I actually would be willing but I have reservations about giving up my keyless lock, which might sound silly, but there it is.

I would think the hot air needs to go somewhere?  I know they vented the TaG ac under the rear galley.
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2019
    @Sharon_is_SAM I agree with you, if that is the same cool cat as the 400 it needs to be vented somewhere.   

I am super relieved that the condenser isn't  vented on the passenger side of the trailer.   When the change was announced I had envisioned a huge grill where the cargo door previously had been.   All that hot are dumping out of the trailer right there would interfere with the drink.

the only other real concern would be,   I only saw one ac duct inside the trailer,   surely there must be more?

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
    @Cbusguy, there is a round disc next to the LPG/CO detector in this picture here and I saw a similar vent on the rear bench support in the video.

• SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Any aesthetic concerns aside we see a possible issue.  

One of the few things we saw as a plus in the later models over our 2012 L which has a floor level AC was getting the AC vents up at the ceiling where they belong.  We have to run a small fan on the floor blowing the cooled air upwards.  Without it we have cool feet and hot heads so to speak.  The Aldi heating radiators are where they belong at floor level. 

Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

I wonder where the ac controls are located?  Is it a Cool Cat for sure?  
    edited March 2019
    @Sharon_is_SAM I would assume it would be a cool cat,  why would they change vendors?       

the picture is too dark on my screen so I can't see the disk in your picture.   So they may have two or three outlets,   all under the bed?????
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The Cool Cat in the T@B 400 is above the touch screen for the Alde. I’d look over next to Alde touch screen on the driver’s side. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    at 2:15 in the video you can see the AC control,   kinda looks like a dometic.    
  • mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    we need to see clamshell updates!!!,    i am guessing that they will go the same cabinets,  floors, door, and speakers to CSS,   i dont know if they would able to move the AC on that model.  
    Is it possible that they were able to combine the vent for the a/c and Alde?

• RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Some photos of cs 320

T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
    @jkjenn the size if the vent for the alde is a couple of inches a crossed a typical vent for an account condenser is a couple of square feet.

Possible but I doubt it.   It is probably out the bottom of the camper
    edited March 2019
    The inside door latch looks like it is easier to use than the former style.  Nice not having the fire extinguisher to knock off the wall!
    @jkjenn, Since the Alde works by convection, not blowing air like a forced hot air furnace, it still requires passive air movement provided by the bench cut outs.  I see a lower floor cut-out for fresh air intake in the CS picture.  Hard to see the upper bench cut-outs due to the dark stain.  

As far as the ac goes, I wonder if folks will need to keep their overhead fan turned on to the exhaust mode direction in order to help bring up the cool air.  Especially with the bed set up.  Or maybe a floor 12 v fan to direction the ac output.
  • RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239

Picture of AC control. Would be nice to have rooftop option as other small campers have, thus maintaining or even increasing storage. Those who need the low profile could stick with under bed option. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
    edited March 2019
    now if i could get the dang contractors to finish my garage,  I could get the dang thing ordered.

If I am understanding it correctly,   the only difference now between the light and edge are the roof top lights and the tire mounted on the tongue platform?

@Sharon_is_SAM with the AC mounted high in the camper prior,  there was a chance for the air to mix.  the new trailer the vents are low.    with the heat rising and cold air droping   I don't know if opening the windows willhelp,  I think a small 12 volt fan pointed up would help circulate the cold air,  we won't know till some folks get them in some heat and see how it works.
    edited March 2019
    seem that the AC is mounted in the center of the rear floor.   i guess that would eliminate that as a seating area as you cannot put you feet down,   maybe they can make that a seating area and move the table to the side instead.     i also what this modification did to the weight?  the CSS is a bit rear heavy already... i hope they also moved that spare tire to the front bottom kind of like the 400
    @jkjenn, Since the Alde works by convection, not blowing air like a forced hot air furnace, it still requires passive air movement provided by the bench cut outs.  I see a lower floor cut-out for fresh air intake in the CS picture.  Hard to see the upper bench cut-outs due to the dark stain.  
    I meant venting the hot air out. Yes, would still need Alde cutouts.

Roamey said:
    Would be nice to have rooftop option as other small campers have, thus maintaining or even increasing storage. Those who need the low profile could stick with under bed option. 
    It would not make sense for the factory to produce 2 different AC options s from a production efficiency standpoint. The Coolcat below the bench work fabulously per the folks who have it. Per Dometic, the under the bench units perform better than the roof mounted units. This is the best of both worlds, really with the Alde and Coolcat.

mreric said:
    seem that the AC is mounted in the center of the rear floor.   i guess that would eliminate that as a seating area as you cannot put you feet down,   maybe they can make that a seating area and move the take to the side instead.     
    I do not understand what you mean, here. No seating area is lost as the AC is mounted under the bench.

Looking at the source for the pictures,  Parris RV,  website......there is no AC vent on either side of the trailer,   so  imo it has got to be vented underneath.......just guessing.
    @mreric, if you are referring to the picture of the CS, it does look like they extended that small ledge along the back, so that may be where the ac is located in the CS.  The Lagun table is mounted to that projection and it looks like it stretches further into the cabin than prebious models.  I also spotted another round ac vent near the floor of the passenger side bench close to the front.
    @mreric, if you are referring to the picture of the CS, it does look like they extended that small ledge along the back, so that may be where the ac is located in the CS.  The Lagun table is mounted to that projection and it looks like it stretches further into the cabin than prebious models.  I also spotted another round ac vent near the floor of the passenger side bench close to the front.

I hope  for more photos in the future to be more clear,   but yes,  that is what i mean.   it is in the center,   between the two benches.   therefore you cannot really sit toward the very back with your feet down to the floor.  
    That arrangement does seem to shorten the usability of the CS benches.  Wonder why it didn’t get put under the passenger bench like the S model?
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Just sayin'.... not a fan of the dark wood.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA