Options

Report on Isabella Canopy for 400

We just used the Isabella canopy for the first time to rave reviews.  A squall blew up with crazy wind gusts and the canopy was rock solid. While tents near us were pulled up and hurled around the campground, our canopy never moved. We were very impressed with the engineering and ease of installation. We had the Pahaque visor xl on our previous 320. It was fine on a calm day but any wind and it had to be taken down. 5 stars for the Isabella.
Kat & Sam      Austin, TX        2018 T@B 400           "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

Comments

• Options
    LisaTucsonLisaTucson Member Posts: 60
    Good to know. Where can I see/buy this canopy? Any photos? Thanks.
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
    2016 T@B 320 S Outback ("Scout")
    TV: 2013 Lexus 450h
    "You never know when you're having good luck." ~ Unknown
  • Options
    AustinRoamersAustinRoamers Member Posts: 45
    There is a U.S. distributor in Washington. If you do a search for Isabella, the website will have contact details.

Kat & Sam      Austin, TX        2018 T@B 400           "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
  • Options
    Fabulous! Thanks!@AustinRoamers
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    I would describe our experience with our canopy exactly the same.  We often have it set up when others are rolling up their awnings and tying down tents and shelters.  It is a US produced copy of the Isabella made for the DM T@Bs.  We're completely satisfied after many seasons of use.  I expect you will remain very satisfied.

Have Fun............

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Here is the Isabella US distributor

ELWELL Corporation 

680 S. 28th St Suite C
    Washougal, WA 9 8671
    Tel: 360-608-0916
    kelwell@elwellcorp.com

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @Sharon_is_SAM Thank you for the info.
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
  • Options
    @rfuss928 You’re set up is awesome!
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    @AustinRoamers. Thank you for posting, from a Texas neighbor to your north just a bit (McKinney)!  I’ve been eyeing the Sun Canopy, and this makes me really want one now. I had posted a few days back a request for 400 Boondock owners with this canopy to comment but unfortunately got no responses. So maybe you’ll let me ask you:   do you think if your trailer were 4 inches higher off the ground (like my BDL) that you’d have trouble with the door rubbing as the canopy’s front posts would have to reach down more?  Is there any play in those stake points to raise the front of the canopy up a bit?  Thanks again.
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
    Would you mind sharing the purchase price?
    2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
    2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
    Tampa, Florida
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @ADRawli, you can probably put the front posts up on something to elevate it.  I think @Dalehelman did something similar with a domed canopy.  Maybe he’ll chime in.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @ADRawli I think the 400 BDL is way less than 4" higher, 2.x" higher IIRC. It seems the door clearance would be about the same, just more slope away from the trailer toward the ground. Would probably work fine. You could contact ELWELL Corporation and see what they say. I might be interested in this canopy for my new 400, but not for a bit.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    AustinRoamersAustinRoamers Member Posts: 45
    @ADRawli There is some play in the stakes but I would reach out to the distributor to be sure. We did have to adjust the support beams to clear the door when we moved to a site that required leveling on the door side. @ecyfoto the retail is $800 for this version. We were happy to find it here on the forum as a resale for slightly less.
  • Options
    @ecyfoto Elwell quoted me $799 for the T@B 400 Sun Canopy and $73 shipping.  For the Sun Canopy Deluxe, which is the full tent version, it was $1999 and $104 shipping. 

• Options
    @AustinRoamers. Thanks.  Yeah you can see in your picture it appears your door just touches.  That’s what makes me a bit concerned with the extra height (2”-4”) of the BDL even more. I am sure it’s probably only an issue when the door opens fully, as it appears there is quite a bit of clearance for a 1/2- 3/4 swing.  A level campsite (if there is such a thing) would be best. Still, seems like an awesome addition. I’m still debating. 

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    should be an easy fix to raise it a few inches,   could be as simple as a couple of chunks of 4X4 cut to a length that your door would clear,   I could see carrying two pieces 4x4x6 with a hole drilled in the top to place the leg in.      Or a couple pieces of conduit cut to the right length.   lots of possibilities.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods