nuCamp MSRP List

nuCampnuCamp Administrator Posts: 22
edited February 2022 in Products and Accessories

A note from Scott Hubble, nuCamp CEO

The parts have a number assigned and our dealers have a corresponding list to sell off of. Feel free to post in the forum (and people can spread it throughout Facebook or other mediums – this is not protected information).

Please see attached file.

Comments

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Is it more than a single page?
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    No.  Maybe they will add more later?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    they should really open a amazon store for a bunch of popular items. 
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Cbusguy said:
    Is it more than a single page?
      Well it is a start . - . - . ;)
    More of an accessories price list then a Parts Price List

BoonDock Handle is tempting, have always disliked the basic plastic one.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Not sure what to make of this MSRP parts list. Last August direct from Elsie the door cargo pouches were $16.29 each. They now appear to be $32.48 each (not specific on price list if the price shown is for two).  And the cargo nettings were $30 for both sides and now they appear to be $20.87 each (again not specific if pricing is for two). So it appears previously we received a discount off of MSRP if we purchased direct and now we are subject to the stress of dealer pricing.  Interesting.
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
    yep,  this kind of sucks.   now the dealer can do a mark-up on any item you need.   in this move the only one having more profit seem to be the dealers.    i recently got a alde high altitude kit-  in the past is was about $60 shipped.   i just paid $82 to the dealer after the dealer marked it up  all for making a phone call to nucamp for me.   
  • rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Chan, I’m curious. Is a 200% dealer mark up on a cargo net accessory acceptable “overhead”?  My 2018 320S has made short three trips and is stored under two covers during the winter. It has never been abused but yet I have three more cracks in the plastic trim. The first one was covered under warranty so they mailed the piece directly to me for replacement. Out of warranty I have to use a dealer to order the replacement pieces and to say I would be less than pleased to absorb a 200% mark up to replace defective items would be an understatement. Not ranting, just stating the new reality. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    Called my dealer (Tom's Camperland in Mesa, AZ) to order the cargo nets.  Dealer told me they didn't have a parts department and to try the TearDropShop (which doesn't sell them).   Ended up ordering netting from Organized Obie.  
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @morey000 Please consider informing Nücamp about your communication with Tom’s.  Mike Skidmore, Dealer Support Manager 
    mskidmore@nucamprv.com (If you haven’t already done so 🤭)
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited May 2019
    @rcuomo, I guess if you feel the dealer is 'gouging' you, you might need to find a new dealer. Maybe they are!  B):s
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    NuCamp should consider a retail/wholesale model then .. if they were to have a retail price (with a bit of reasonable markup for the extra expense) they could then have two tiers: if you are a dealer registered with them you get wholesale, otherwise if an end user retail..

I am betting that the markup difference would be enough to pay NuCamp for having an extra person to handle the orders...

Either that or they should partner with one good online store ... someone like the Teardrop store to make them able to front end retail the full catalog.. something

The issue here is that if NuCamp does not have a strong partnership model with their dealers then customers will get inconsistent experiences depending on their dealer. 

I like the dealership I bought mine from but they're over an hour drive from me..  I hate the thought of having to call them order the part, then ship to me... just seems lame.
    ~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• chpivchpiv Member Posts: 20
    I went to two dealers via phone calls and got no response in ordering a High Altitude kit for my T@B 320 Outback.  Went to one recommended here who did a great job of getting me what I needed but was quite surprised at the cost.  I was charged $196.60 which was shipped directly from nuCamp.  From articles I have read on this topic this used to cost $60.00 directly from nuCamp and some wrote cost $80.00 from a dealer after nuCamp revised it policy on selling to its customers.  I live in a very remote area and the closest dealer is 4 hours away, one way.  Never got a return call from them.  I guess if I need anything else I will shop around a little better.  My rear end still hurts!
    2015 Little Guy T@B Outback
    2017 Toyota Tacoma Offroad
    Bishop, CA
    edited June 2019
    chpiv said:
    I went to two dealers via phone calls and got no response in ordering a High Altitude kit for my T@B 320 Outback.  Went to one recommended here who did a great job of getting me what I needed but was quite surprised at the cost.  I was charged $196.60 which was shipped directly from nuCamp.  From articles I have read on this topic this used to cost $60.00 directly from nuCamp and some wrote cost $80.00 from a dealer after nuCamp revised it policy on selling to its customers.  I live in a very remote area and the closest dealer is 4 hours away, one way.  Never got a return call from them.  I guess if I need anything else I will shop around a little better.  My rear end still hurts!
    i was charged $80..   it was going to be more,  i negotiated.     but my guess is that i could have call another dealer from out of state that have lower running cost.     this new program is difficult for us the consumer.     if we need something the dealer still calling nucamp and providing our info to them for shipping, nucamp still taking a payment from the dealer.  So nucamp still handling the same amount of call or email as before.

now we have more work to do,  call 3 or 4 different dealer to shop around...

so how does this program reduces cost or work for nucamp?