Options

Sewer Hose storage solution

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2017
    I did my own sewer hose mod per Pop-T@B's earlier design and bought some diamond plate material at Home Depot, cut it to size and used pop rivets to keep the top piece in place.  I was able to find a stainless latch on Amazon and pop riveted it to the lid and trailer frame.  What I did along the bottom was got beneath the trailer (used the jack stand to raise the tongue up to its highest point, used wheel chocks to keep the trailer safely in place), made a template out of cardboard, purchased a thin piece of expanded metal (enough to cover the opening under the frame), marked the metal with a wax pencil, allowed enough for use at the back end of the compartment (so nothing falls out during transport) and cut this material using safety glasses and a hand grinder with a diamond blade for cutting metal.  You need to use care in this process as obviously hot metal shavings/sparks are flying around.  You can easily cut yourself too if you're not careful as hand cutting power tools do have torque when you fire them up.  This does work great and if you take your time, focus on the areas marked and make your cuts, you will be rewarded with a nice grating that can then be screwed into place with screws and washers.  

As for substitutes, you just need to understand that anything used needs to be durable, withstand road bounce, flying rocks, freeze conditions, etc.   This is one of the best mods I have on my T@B (thank you Shawn!) and it makes black/gray water tasks a breeze because everything is in the right place and in close proximity when you need to dump the tanks.  And inasmuch as the kit may appear to be spendy, it is a worthwhile, convenient mod and the lid they sell is laser cut, heavy duty (you can stand on it!), it has a lock  and fits the trailer to a tee!  This mod is a GREAT addition to any trailer out there and I absolutely love mine!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    Mike,  Thank you for the great review, glad you are enjoying the bin kit.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861

jkjenn said: Has anyone tried a Rhinoflex inside of one of these yet?

Yes and it stores easily and without any issues.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    DouayHADouayHA Member Posts: 36
    For those with an Outback, has anyone tried doing a similar mod with the grating dropping down a couple inches so as to provide some more space?
    2017 T@b Outback 'Little S@lty' towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

DouayHA said:

For those with an Outback, has anyone tried doing a similar mod with the grating dropping down a couple inches so as to provide some more space?

It's funny you me tion this, I was just wondering the same thing, yesterday. I think you'd have to drop it low enough that clearance woykd be an issue for it to work. 

I think the Outback tub in some type of Tyvek draw string bag could be the best solution...if I could only find such a bag. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options

jkjenn said:

DouayHA said:

It's funny you me tion this, I was just wondering the same thing, yesterday. I think you'd have to drop it low enough that clearance woykd be an issue for it to work. 

I think the Outback tub in some type of Tyvek draw string bag could be the best solution...if I could only find such a bag. 

I'll have to get some measurements and see. I would guess 2-3 inches would do it.
  • Options
    Looking at the T@B some more, I think if the storage box dropped to the same level as the bottom of the grey and black water pipes it would hopefully give enough space. I can't imagine having any issues at that height, and would think that you could go a little bit lower as well before really running in to issues. The Outback already has several inches extra clearance over the other models. Any more thoughts/comments are always helpful and appreciated. 
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited May 2017
    Is the sewage hose storage tube mounted in the tail of the T@B 400 available as a retrofit kit for the 320?
    It appears it would fit on either model.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Fireball3989Fireball3989 Member Posts: 2

This was our solution. We just googled "trailer tongue tool box" and bought it online!
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Truly in line with the Nu Camp style and craftsmanship.  Great JOB !  Thank for sharing. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    edited July 2019
    I figured I"d show pics of my take on the sewer hose storage.
    I used the Valterra tube as many have.  Mounted it on our Boondock's Yakima rack.  I used Yakima Landing Pad Mounting Hardware kit.  It's like $11 from Etrailer, cheaper than a handful of hardware from the hardware store.  That's the rack we have so why not?  I had to drill new holes in the hose holder bracket for the lower mounting screw and not use the factory hole on the Valterra assembly.  The adjustable rack is made non adjustable by NuCamp so the Control Towers/Landing Pads won't move up on the track to give the needed space.  But it worked out smoothly.

2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.