SOLVED—User error

VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
Don’t RV with a fever, gang, it’s not fun. Forgot to turn off the $10 battery operated fridge fan. I’m off to bed.

———————————

2019 320s Boondock Lite, with Norcold n180.3 fridge—these fridges do not have a fan. Fridge was plugged in on Sunday to prechill, turned off for travel, turned back on when plugged in Monday afternoon. Has been working fine, however, a low hum-rattle similar to a compressor or fan started Monday. Unplugged today, turned to off, drove home a day early due to illness. Fridge still making noise. Battery disconnected, propane off, all switches off, still making noise. Flipped every breaker, pulled every single fuse in the converter, trailer is not plugged in...STILL HUMMING WITH NO KNOWN POWER SOURCE.

Thoughts? Besides exorcism? 😁 Too sick today to tear the whole thing apart or take it anywhere to be checked, I just want to make sure it can’t drain the battery until I can deal with it, but even the battery disconnect didn’t stop the sound, so I figure it has to be pulling from there.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
2020 Subaru Outback XT
Pacific NW

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    And your 7 pin is disconnected?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    jgram2 said:
    And your 7 pin is disconnected?
    Yes. Absolutely nothing connected. All breakers off, all fuses at converter are still pulled out, battery disconnect off. Still humming two hours after getting home, over an hour after disconnecting everything. No smell of ammonia, was level throughout operation. I’m baffled at this point.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    All that’s left are harmonic tremors!

jgram2 said:
    All that’s left are harmonic tremors!
    Right. Will locate a priest and ask about possible exorcism. LOL
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Any chance you can record it?  Too weird!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited August 2019
    Battery operated fan left on? Battery operated bug zapper (I love mine!)?  Any other battery operated, those with disposable or rechargeable batteries?   A battery operated toothbrush or razor?

just thinking......

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @VictoriaP in the under sink cabinet, far right side is an outlet with your Norcold plugged in. Try unplugging that. I hope you feel better soon! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    @Verna You nailed it. I realized the same thing a few minutes ago. Just came back in and saw your post as I was about to report that yes, in fact, the new battery operated fridge fan was on. :o  Given how quiet it is, I’m amazed I could still hear it from the vent outside. I blame the fever I’m running! LOL

Sigh. First truly solo trip was pretty much a fail all the way around, between getting sick, a bad fall that wrenched my knee, and a long, rainy drive home after a rainy teardown. But at least now I don’t have to take the trailer to the dealer!

2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    Congrats! The odds are your next time out will be 95% better! (There’s almost always something.)

jgram2 said:
    Congrats! The odds are your next time out will be 95% better! (There’s almost always something.)
    Thanks, not discouraged (much). Just one of those weeks!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @VictoriaP It'll be a campfire story soon enough, with embellishments and a possible Big Foot sighting. I hope you are feeling better all around!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    @VictoriaP, I’m sorry about your physical injuries, but look at what you did accomplish!  You figured out the noise without help!

(I can’t even count the number of injuries I have sustained, but this klutz keeps campin’ on!  Broken finger from üCamp19 is finally healing after being misdiagnosed in Ohio, and thankfully healing without surgery!)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    edited August 2019
    @Verna YOW! Glad to hear it’s healing without surgery! Hopefully my knee will do the same.

@Ratkity Yes, Sasquatch obviously startled me so much that I slipped and fell down a gully while doing my final walk around after hitching up. *nods* Clearly the fever made me forget that part! 😂
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2019
    @VictoriaP See? Sasquatch is alive and well. I've had so many injuries. I think the worst, other than the bruises from the extra long hitch, aka redneck zombie tripper, is when I put a drill bit through my finger. It wasn't just a simple issue either. Nooooooo. I had to complicate it by having the drill wrap around a cord (can't rem where it came from). I kept trying to hit the button to back the drill out and missed 2x. UGH. I still have the scar. Ah memories. This initially happened when that Yeti tapped me on the shoulder and ran into the forest!  Geesh. =)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Every scar tells a story...  :-)
    2015 T@B S
    Scars are tattoos with a better story.....
    Verna, Columbus, IN