Options

Resolved: Rejected Delivery of our T@B 400: Multiple Problems

2»

Comments

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @TNOutback  I don’t know why you would lose your deposit— isn’t there a consumer law that gives 3 days to back out of a purchase?  You refused the unit & didn’t even take it off the lot when it arrived— I don’t believe the dealer or nucamp can hold your deposit— you did not get what you contracted for
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    T_BDancingT_BDancing Member Posts: 85
    I think @lkc001 is right. Dealers have no right to hold your deposit unless it says so on your contract. I would just get one off the lot and do the upgrades later @TNOutback, if possible. Besides, this is all not your fault... IMHO.
    Tent to trailer w/TV: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 3.6L
    2019 Tab 320 S Boondock Edge and get me out of NYC!!!
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited August 2019
    Update:  so we may be headed toward a resolution.  After further examination of photographs, Nucamp now saying the camper does not need to come back to the factory, and that the roof/gasket issues can be corrected by the dealer.  The lack of gasket contact on one side is a combination of “natural” variations in the roof due to the insulation they use in the roof, along with the exterior trim coming loose (they believe happened after leaving factory), allowing the gasket to pull away from the roof.  The other side’s “rippled” gasket should not have left the factory that way, but can be fixed by the dealer by removing the trim, and then removing and reattaching the gasket, smoothing it out.  Said the gasket is not intended to be bonded to the roof, but is meant to move with the trim with expansions and contractions.

We’ve agreed that I will go ahead and take delivery now so we can use the camper this fall, then have a dealer service appointment after camping season to correct the other issues (wrong decals, install battery monitor).
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    If it were me.... Get your money back. Order another unit. It's not new if they're doing major repairs before you can use it. You purchased a new trailer. Have the dealer deliver one that you want. If they say no, get a lawyer.  In the meantime, take notes and do everything in writing. Calls don't mean anything. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I have to disagree!
    Avoid the "get a lawyer" at all costs!
    That's a hole you don't want to go down!
    I think your patience is commendable, and will likely see better results.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Avoid the lawyer, unless talking real money and a 400 is below that threshold, you will spend a lot of money and no one but the lawyer will be happy in the end. If you do decide to reject the one that came in, do it diplomaticly and just place another order. I know it puts you out of camping this season, but how happy are you going to be with a fixed unit vs what you wanted? If you wanted any old 400, you wouldn't have went to effort to special order, right?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    I agree with avoiding the lawyers, however a letter to nucamp and the dealer is in order, and in that letter I would mention that a lack of a satisfactory resolution will result in notifying the Ohio State Attorney General as the first step to get your deposit back.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Why the threats and lawyers? I cannot recount a single story where nüCamp has failed to make thi gs right for the customer.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    That's good to hear @TNOutback.

Thanks for the update.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    Just a heads up that the quality control from every RV manufacturer is basically non existent.   Our Airstream was delivered wit many many simple errors including not crimping the black tank flush connection before hiding it behind multiple panels resulting in flooding inside the trailer.   If you are going to own an RV, you NEED to be willing and able to fix things yourself and complete the last 5pct of the build or you will likely be a frustrated owner.  Just the way it is.  Nucamp is better than most.  

Due to demographics the RV builders are selling everything they make but the flip side of that is they only have about 10 more years of the baby boom tail before saturation.   That means that down the road, they will be forced to think about customer service but have neither need nor desire to do so now.  Evidence the absurd policy to require parts to be sourced from dealers without providing parts manuals nor another path for people with useless dealers.  Overall, we are lucky with Nucamp but it’s frustrating as an owner because it’s patently obvious nobody in the factory uses their products in the field. 
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    Awaca12a Very well said! I built boats for my hobby and won best in show. If you want something done right we have to do it our self! This forum is great at helping folks do just that!
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    The roof dents still look like elbow marks or hand prints left from the roof vent install,  my trailer has them in the same spot.

So what about the victron  712?

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    In addition to this example, there are two previous examples of new T@bs with roof dents detailed here: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9006/new-tab-400-has-some-issues/p1  Nothing has been done yet by nuCamp or the dealer.  @Cbusguy and @idletab
    To their credit, both folks are being very lenient and patient. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Cbusguy said:
    The roof dents still look like elbow marks or hand prints left from the roof vent install,  my trailer has them in the same spot.

So what about the victron  712?

I’d say my thoughts on this are evolving. Think the biggest contributor to the gaps in the gasket was the loose trim piece, and to a lesser extent the indentations I saw. I reached an agreement with Nucamp and dealer to go ahead and enjoy our camper this fall, then let the dealer have it to remove and reattach the gasket to take out some slack and ripples. Nucamp is sending my battery monitor to the dealer and they will install it free of charge at that time. 
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    glad the victron didn't slip through the cracks.    but still disappointing it didn't get installed at the factory.    I hope the dealer does a decent install for you.  
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    bellimagesbellimages Member Posts: 28
    Cbusguy said:
    Nucamp screwed up my loan by delivering a camper with a different VIN from what they gave the dealer

I am still cleaning up that mess.

The bottom line is their process is sloppy at best and at worst they simply don't care
    sloppy at best .... and they simply don't care. I disagree. Compare their product to ANY other American-made camper .... there is no comparison! The owners of the company know that quality control is quintessential to their longevity. 
    2018 Tab 400
    Nissan Frontier PRO-4X (4.6 liter automatic)
    Roof mounted solar panels
  • Options
    bellimagesbellimages Member Posts: 28
    I will say that NuCamp SERIOUSLY needs to revamp their service department. It's in a small building that was on the site when they opened. They need a MUCH LARGER, MORE MODERN facility, as they add more units to their product line. Hopefully the owners of the company are reading this. 

That said, this year will be DEVASTATING TO THE INDUSTRY. With campgrounds closing, my heart goes out to them.
    2018 Tab 400
    Nissan Frontier PRO-4X (4.6 liter automatic)
    Roof mounted solar panels
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Hopefully the camp grounds will not be closed more than a few months, and not the entire season.  California is reevaluating the situation in mid April, current closures are just till then.
    meanwhile, we all need to keep safe and healthy.   I have a reservation for mid May, and look forward to going out then.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @bellimages, as you are a relatively new owner, I’m sure you haven’t heard of the new planned service department building that will be built across the street from the current rented facility.  

The new building will be much larger (I forget the exact number of bays and square footage), but I do remember they will have an elevated platform (you car buffs can tell me the real name of that contraption that raises the camper so the repair crew can work on the underside easily).  But anyway, I do not know the timetable for the build to begin and end, but nüCamp is totally and fully aware they need to “grow” the repair services as the main nüCamp building has more than doubled in size since the original build. 

Just in case you haven’t seen drone videos and photos of the roof of the nüCamp building, they have an amazing array of solar panels to help with the cost of doing business. They do not store power in batteries, but they use what they produce. 

Buildings take time to build, and it will be done in due time. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”