Options

Window Corner Protective Stickers

Has anyone found a better solution to protect their T@B exterior where the window corners rub? The stuff nuCamp used has worn through. 

2018 T@B 400

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    3M Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection is the product which I used to replace a section which was dirty and pealing on my 400’s front window. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    That 3M product is also good for protecting the rear trim piece at the white handle when using the Pahaque visor or awning.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    I don't think my 2015 320 has any of that stuff--or at least I've never noticed it. I haven't noticed any windows rubbing, either, so I guess all is good.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Tabmann400Tabmann400 Member Posts: 22
    @SeaLaVie, Congratulations on your Tab 400.  I read your posting that you were heading to Tallahassee to take a look at it. 
    You must have bought it then.  Happy camping. Enjoy your Tab 400.  We are from Jacksonville, FL.  That same material is peeling off from my Tab, but I have not fixed it yet. 
    Manny & Anne, from northeast Florida,  2018 Tab 400,  Silver with black trim, towed by 2017 Ram 1500
  • Options
    Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
    Same issue with mine - will have to check out the 3M paint protection film.
    Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ScottG said:
    I don't think my 2015 320 has any of that stuff--or at least I've never noticed it. I haven't noticed any windows rubbing, either, so I guess all is good.
    Ditto

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 274
    My brand new T@B400 had that issue right from the dealer inventory. Any suggestions on how to get the old sticker off? Do they peel easily? 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 756
    I have never tried to remove one of the window rub strips but I have had success removing other glue-on labels and stickers using a heat gun.  Put it on a low setting to start and work up.  If your heat gun is not variable temperature hold it away from the wall at first and move in if necessary.  The idea is NOT to curl the label off but to just soften the adhesive so the sticker will peel away.  If there is any glue residue left after the sticker is off use Goo-Gone to clean that followed by soap and water.
  • Options
    SeaLaVieSeaLaVie Member Posts: 46
    @SeaLaVie, Congratulations on your Tab 400.  I read your posting that you were heading to Tallahassee to take a look at it. 
    You must have bought it then.  Happy camping. Enjoy your Tab 400.  We are from Jacksonville, FL.  That same material is peeling off from my Tab, but I have not fixed it yet. 
    Thanks, only one night in it so far but making plans for some January stays...
    2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    edited December 2019
    Our 2015 also doesn't have any protection on the window corners, but there also hasn't been any rubbing marks left.

If it did, i would use this stuff:

I use it on lots of things, like bicycles (downtubes, cable rubbing spots, etc), or anything I want to protect but not see.  Good stuff to have around.  It sticks well, but is usually easy to remove without a heat gun, and hasn't damaged paint when removed. 

We bought my wife's mountain bike from a bike training class after the season was over for them, and they had covered the entire carbon frame in this stuff.  Not a mark on the bike after 20+ training classes where you learn to hop rocks, logs, and small drops. 

2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra