Just introducing myself!

DEBinINDEBinIN Member Posts: 12
Hi,

I am new to the T@B Forum.  I live in Indiana and have been teaching special education for 42 years.  I have been wanting a T@B 320 since I looked at one on display hitched to a Subaru Outback at Canoecopia in Madison, WI, about 7 years ago.  I brought home a T@B brochure, which has been on my coffee table since then! 

I recently retired and I am now ready to begin living the dream (on a budget)!  If I pay too much for the toys, I won't be able to afford to go places to use them!  I decided before going all in yet, I would look for a used T@B.  Back in October, I purchased a T@B 2003 and in near mint condition.  Before this, my #1 passion was kayaking.  Kayaking and camping go hand-in-hand for me.  I love primitive tent camping and also kayak camping, but recently my back does not love it!  I own a small fleet of kayaks so I am able to do smaller waters, rivers (just not whitewater), causeways in Florida, and open waters of Great Lakes, including two smaller kayaks for my grandkids.

I have friends who I kayak with and live in Indianapolis who have just purchased new T@BS, so we are about to let the travels begin.  They both have larger vehicles.  I have a Forester and I am now looking to find a vehicle that is more equipped to tow my T@B alone and with my toys, (i.e. bicycle and kayaks.)

I am about to begin a new discussion on the dilemma I am facing, that of traveling with my T@B and my 17' sea kayak.  The title will be "Towing My T@B with my sea kayak".  I am going on a road trip to Florida in a month and I need to find another vehicle.  I also have other dilemmas as well.  I am new at this, so I am looking forward to receiving advise from experienced T@B owners!

I am excited to be a part of this forum.  Happy camping!

Thanks!
Deb

Comments