2021 400 BDL has arrived!

cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
edited March 2020 in Introductions
We got the call today that our TT has arrived. It's 219" long and weighs 2864 lbs. We've named it Lil' Joe. It's new best friend and TV is a Toyota Tundra we call Hoss. We hope to pick it up this weekend. Pictures to come.
2021 T@B 400 BDL aka Little Joe
2019 Tundra Crewmax aka Hoss
SE Louisiana

Comments

• davegctdavegct Member Posts: 18
    Congrats on your new arrival.  Looking forward to seeing pics!
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    Very interested to see how a 2021 T@B 400 is configured - underbed layout, outside storage area, the new water hook-up control box, axle placement -  and the biggest question - what air conditioner unit they've installed.
    Please do post lots of pics when you get it!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Congrats!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Laura5200Laura5200 Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations 🎊 Can't waitwait to see it and hear more about  Lil Joe! Loved that series! 🙂
  • awahlawahl Member Posts: 25
    congrats @cottonmouth! we are anxiously awaiting the call on our 2021 400 BDL - which should be in about two weeks, provided the world keeps it together that long... :anguished:  

looking forward to your pics! 
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock  |  2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    We take delivery of our 2021 400 on the 27th of this month!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
    We picked up lil joe today. We're excited to get camping.

It does have a coolcat

The water management system's not too complicated.

Some other I believe differences with previous models. Table is lighter.

Wardrobe is different I believe.

Pushbutton ignitor stove

12v low draw fridge

Raised the back window I think
    And I think the shower assembly has changed.

It also has a gas outlet at the rear of the 400. There is no rear camera. The step is different too from what I remember.
    SE Louisiana
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Thanks for the photos. If you don't mind: Is that a drawer under the wardrobe with an open space below? Where did they put the radio?
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Congrats! It looks great!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Yes. It's a drawer and then an open cubby beneath. The stereo is above the wardrobe.

SE Louisiana
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460

@cottonmouth, can you link the new user manual?  I would like to know more about the water management system on the 2021s.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Looks nice!  It appears that the camping side outdoor storage door simply matches the utilities door on the other side (thus smaller than the previous door).  Also looks like the cabinet under the kitchen sink now is set differently with two sets of locks.  Strangely, the wood grain veneer on the wardrobe and drawer doors seems to run horizontally.

The open cubby under the wardrobe is a nice change.  In our 2020, there is a lot of wasted, open space in there that isn’t usable.  Where did they put the water pump then?
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Yes the wardrobe is shorter by the height of that drawer and cubby, although not sure by how much since the cubby area and maybe a bit if that drawer space was converter and water pump area. That shower wand has been used since at least late 2019 models.

A few of the incremental updates such as gas outlet, square sink, etc. Are things I am considering doing to my 2019, should be easy. Other things like the natulis water management system would be very difficult.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    The cubby under the drawer appears to be where the power converter area with the water pump behind it under the closet floor on previous models.  The closet was the height of the new closet and the storage locker (door or drawer), so the new closet is shorter by this new locker.   One could always add a shelf in the bottom of the older longer closets, to gain use of this area below the hanging clothes.

This new design uses the same cabinet fronts as the new larger 3-way fridge, so the fridge area becomes the hanging locker (closet).  This new front unit is now separated from the head/wet bath and set back some to create more space next to the rear bunk/bed area.  Remove the rear bunk, and new closet/fridge unit ( now a separate bit) and you add the Solo model bunk over the Alde area running from head/bath wall to trailer back.  

Both now have the same head/bath module.  A modular layout like this reduces construction costs and different models now share the same bits.  Seems like a good move to me.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Looks great #Cottonmouth! We're zooming in on all the pics and getting excited... Couple things we're wondering: 

1: What's on the bed side of the new wardrobe configuration? Any new/larger cubbies?
    2: Is the fridge door stainless or black? 

thanks & congrats again! 
    edited March 2020
    The fridge is black.
    There's a cubby about 12''x18'' on the bedside of the wardrobe.

On top is a light switch, middle is the on/off switch for AIMS 1200w pure sine inverter, and on bottom is a plug with usb

The light switch turns on accent lights above the bed

There also a small puddle light above the step that comes on when it's pulled out (my flash is making it brighter than it is. It's just a little blue light pointing down)

Finally, here's a look inside the tub. The sewer holder is gone in back, but it would fit very easily behind the propane tank in the separate chamber there
    SE Louisiana
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited March 2020
    Interesting...
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    edited March 2020
    Hi,   I did not see a slot on the stereo to play dvd,s  is that gone?
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    manny said:
    Hi,   I did not see a slot on the stereo to play dvd,s  is that gone?
    No dvd. There is an HDMI and a usb port so you could plug in a separate blu-ray/dvd player or roku, etc, or a hard drive with movies downloaded on it.
    SE Louisiana
    Thanks for the extra pics! 

Kind of frosts me that NuCamp decided we no longer need a DVD player.... Now, in order to watch our favorite old movies we have to rig up and power another device. With the head unit where it is located now makes it even more challenging. Not all of us have Netflix, fancy phones,  or hard drives full of movies....! Jensen makes a very similar unit with a DVD that costs a little more.... For $30k+ I wish they were a little less penny conscious.... 
  • jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    Congrats! I'm very glad to see the return of the Cool Cat. I knew it was being used in the 2021 400 Solo models but wasn't sure they were going to bring it back for the models with the standard bed. I like the new location of the stereo - much easier to get to than the previous location. I'm not sure why the wardrobe had to be shortened to accommodate the cubby where the water pump and converter/fuse panel use to be though? 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @jameskuzman, do you have remove the bottom of the cubby to access the water pump?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    Verna said:
    @jameskuzman, do you have remove the bottom of the cubby to access the water pump?
    Yes. The bottom (floor) of the wardrobe provides access to the water pump. 

Jim
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
    edited March 2020
    On my 2019 400 Boondock Lite, there is a sign that says the area under the removable floor is not to be used for storage. With a bit of tubing relocation, it obviously became a cubby. If I had it, it would be a great place for my shoes and slippers. I may have to go sit in the 400, turn on the heat and contemplate that mod!

I’ll wait until Friday—thunderstorms forecasted for this afternoon😉
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Verna said:
    Not in the 2021. If I'm not mistaken the pump is now located under the bed. I'll veriify when I get home this evening.
    SE Louisiana
    Here's the alde flow/water system layout under the sleeping area of the 2021 (driver's side next to wardrobe):

SE Louisiana

@cottonmouth, can you link the new user manual?  I would like to know more about the water management system on the 2021s

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this. Here is the nautilus system manual
    SE Louisiana
    Wow!  Yes, they sure did rearrange the mechanicals!  Thanks for the photos. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Thanks @cottonmouth.  I created a reference in the User Manuals category under Plumbing Resources.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • bellimagesbellimages Member Posts: 28
    TNOutback said:
    Looks nice!  It appears that the camping side outdoor storage door simply matches the utilities door on the other side (thus smaller than the previous door).  Also looks like the cabinet under the kitchen sink now is set differently with two sets of locks.  Strangely, the wood grain veneer on the wardrobe and drawer doors seems to run horizontally.

The open cubby under the wardrobe is a nice change.  In our 2020, there is a lot of wasted, open space in there that isn’t usable.  Where did they put the water pump then?
    I totally agree on the wood grain. It's freakin strange to run it both ways. I'm guessing that NuCamp was able to make better use of sheets of plywood by doing so. That would drive me nuts. 
    2018 Tab 400
    Nissan Frontier PRO-4X (4.6 liter automatic)
    Roof mounted solar panels