Options

2021 400 BDL has arrived!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    All of the plywood is cut from one of two CNC machines at nüCamp. They run 24/7 with an employee sitting there in case there is a problem. I do forget the figures on how much money nüCamp saves by having the CNC’s cut the plywood with less of a kerf than a typical industrial saw would have. Plus the wood is cut exactly the same each time meaning less waste. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Previously posted photos show the water pump and Alde system are all together under the rear bunk on the driver’s side.  Nice setup with everything thing easier to get to and all in one place.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited March 2020
    Should be easy enough to correct with a replacement door and drawer face with the veneer applied vertically to match everything else.  Will be interesting to see if they all come that way, or maybe they got a bad batch of veneered ply, or more likely, someone wasn’t paying attention when cutting the panels and no one noticed?
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    WAIT A MINUTE!  I’m sitting here in my 400, which has become my Covid-19 teleworking office (heck yeah), and I’ve just noticed something myself:  The grain direction on the ply on the bathroom side is vertical, while the grain direction on all the ply on the kitchen side is horizontal!  That does make sense as you want the grain direction on long vertical surfaces to run vertically, and the longest direction on the kitchen side is horizontal.

Still thinking yours was a mistake.
  • Options
    cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
    You're going to give Little Joe a complex! =)  I just got home and went to give it a look. I don't think it was a mistake. It looks fine with the horizontal grain next the vertical grain of the bathroom door. It may be the perspective of the photo with the wardrobe against the wall. When I look at it with the bathroom door and entire wall it helps break up all the vertical. But just in case, I'm not going to point it out to my wife...
    2021 T@B 400 BDL aka Little Joe
    2019 Tundra Crewmax aka Hoss
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Drawer fronts are usually horizontal grain, doors that are longer than wide are normally vertical grained.  2018-2020 TaB 400s had full length closet doors, so they match both with vertical grain.  The new closet in the 2021 is more like a locker, than a closet, still since it is longer than wore, it normally would have been vertical grain also.  But there are exceptions o these rules, and what you have looks good also.  Enjoy!
    cheers
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    You're going to give Little Joe a complex! =)  I just got home and went to give it a look. I don't think it was a mistake. It looks fine with the horizontal grain next the vertical grain of the bathroom door. It may be the perspective of the photo with the wardrobe against the wall. When I look at it with the bathroom door and entire wall it helps break up all the vertical. But just in case, I'm not going to point it out to my wife...
    I think it looks nice! It gives it a little more dynamic visual interest.

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    GbertrandGbertrand Member Posts: 39
    Thanks so much @cottonmouth for the incredible pictures, we have ordered your twin (except silver/black) and are anxiously awaiting its delivery

Question?? In your one picture you labeled 2000w inverter, is that correct? When we ordered ours I ask if it could be up-graded to a 2000w and was told 1200w was the only one they would put in
     2021 T@B 400 BD, 2019 F-150, or 2011 F-150 (depending on conditions)

Definition of Success….”moving from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm” (Winston Churchill)
  • Options
    That's not correct, and I meant to edit. It's a 1200w. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    That's not correct, and I meant to edit. It's a 1200w. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
    That's a little disappointing...When I read 2000W I thought NuCamp finally got it that you should be able to run the microwave off the inverter. I'm surprised they haven't upgraded this, it is so little money more to have a bigger inverter.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • Options
    @cottonmouth
    You mentioned there isn't a rear view camera. Was that an option? I thought last year that a rear view camera became a standard feature. 
    Thanks again for sharing your first hand knowledge with us!
  • Options
    I
    ChrisFix said:
    @cottonmouth
    You mentioned there isn't a rear view camera. Was that an option? I thought last year that a rear view camera became a standard feature. 
    Thanks again for sharing your first hand knowledge with us!
    I had thought it came standard. I wasn't offered it as an option. I asked at the dealer when we picked it up, but he said he wasn't aware it came with one. I didn't really think about it until now, and just assumed I was mistaken it came with one. I'll reach out to nuCamp this evening to see if was supposed to come with it, or whether they decided to not include it any longer.
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    The 1200w inverter and inability to power the microwave is why I ordered without an inverter. I have had the 400 a year now, but eventually will add a 2000w and LiFePo4 batteries. Should be able to run the MW for short stints with that.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    We pick up our 2021 T@b 400 next Friday.  We went out to the dealer a few days ago to look at it and also noticed no rear view camera.  We were under the impression it was still standard.  Anyway we and the dealer looked into it.  It was standard on the 2020 but it is not standard or a standard option on the 2021.  I'm sure you could contact Austin and have their shop install one after production prior to shipping.  I wish we had known that as we would have had NuCamp install one when they did our other upgrades.  But there are many options out there to had installed after market.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Which other upgrades did you have done to yours? I had asked if they would install the bmv 712 battery monitor, but they said they no longer do that. I may wait and install one of the wireless ones victron is coming out with this year.
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    They installed the Victron 712 and the Maxxfan 7500 in ours.  We just had this done a couple of weeks ago so I'm surprised they said no to you.  Did you speak with Austin at NuCamp or was it you dealer?  
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @cottonmouth, who did you ask regarding post-production modifications?  Dealer?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Jason at nuCamp
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    Don't ask the dealer.  You'll work directly with NuCamp and they'll invoice you separately for the mods.  We worked directly with Austin the service manager. On a side note ours did come with a solar port in addition to the roof solar. 
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @cottonmouth, I suspect that he thought you meant install of the Victron BMV 712 “during” production rather than by Austin’s team following your build.  They changed their routine a while ago to prevent production slow down.  I would email repairs@nucamprv.com to confirm that they still do post-production mods.  Be patient with their return email - they are busy, but will get back to you.  In what department does Jason work?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Jason is an Account executive. I assume he's the contact for our local dealership here in southeast LA/MS. I'm sure you're right about during vs post production since Bergger is having items installed. I think I'll be able to add the battery monitor my myself when the time comes.
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    If anyone was wondering where they relocated the glycol tank, it's behind a panel in the front driver's side porthole.

SE Louisiana
  • Options
    williedeanwilliedean Member Posts: 13
    I am expecting the delivery of first nuCamp, a 2021 T@B 400 in mid April. I am surprised to read that the nuCamp 400 is not offering a rear view camera as a standard feature of the 2021 model or as a production option. I had discussed the camera with my dealer when I placed the order and I think he  assumed that the camera would still be standard on the 2021 model. Does anyone know why they might have made this move? Have owners been happy with the camera offered on the recent production models?
    2021 T@B 400 BDL (June 2020) - "Sojourner"
    2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 
    Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    awandlerawandler Member Posts: 20
    If I'm looking at the pictures correctly, it looks like there is no longer a storage space under the bed that you can get to from the inside? My 2018 has storage.  I am trying to figure out the differences before I order one.  Thanks!!
    2018 TaB400, F150 (for now), Austin, Texas
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The batteries and Inverter live under the rear part of the center storage compartment under the bed, but with the Air8 gone, you should have that space for storage in the center compartment.  The pax side cargo compartment is now sealed off from the center area, a change I like.  Makes for a clean area for storage.  

I think this should be the arrangement on the 2021.  The Alde and water system cover is screwed down, but the center is hinged at the battery box and the gas strut shown to hold the center cover open to access the storage.
    In 2020, this is where the Air8 was.
    Cheers
  • Options
    Thank you @Denny16

• Options
    @awandler, when you get a chance you should check on an actual current 2021 TaB400 and see how the bunk storage setup is being currently done.  My example, I believe, was from a pre-production model.  
    Cheers
  • Options
    Thanks @Denny16, I wish I could but the 6 that the shop gets every couple of months get pre-ordered so by the time they arrive on the lot, they are gone, so I need to order one without being able to look at them.  I know I want a boondock but I can't decide if I should get the solo vs. standard.  One pro for the standard is if it still has the storage under the bed.  I have searched all the video online and pictures and can't find any info on it.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes, I did also, even Paul the AF Guy did not show the bunk storage on his new video.  The photo I posted I believe, is from a TaB built between the 2020 and 2021 runs as a replacement unit for a 2019 that got damaged, and was totaled out.  It has many of the 2021 systems, and a Cool Cat AC up front.  
    Perhaps someone here who has taken delivery of a 2021 can add to this discussion and show the bunk storage setup.  
    The TaB400 Solo is an interesting layout, with the larger 2-way fridge, and RV Twin bunk that makes into a RV Queen, I like the idea of the bunk setup, larger galley area, but the lack of the large closet locker is lost.  
    My wife and I were looking at the Solo, but went for the standard TaB400 layout to get the closet locker.  So the trade off on the Solo is lost larger storage areas, and more small dedicated storage areas.  I like the additional floor space and rear seating area in the Solo, but the larger closet locker became the deal breaker.
    The Boondock model is the way to If you are going to be going out free or dispersed camping and taking dirt roads.  We had our TaB400, got a good deal on  a pre-owned unit, converted to a Boondock with the axle replacement, and still come out at current market value with the cost of the upgrade.
    cheers

• Options
    @awandler
    The picture that @Denny16 posted is exactly what my 2021 T@B 400 Boondock looks like. 
    There is a nicely sized storage box under the center of the bed, and it is closed off from the passenger-side outside storage area.
    It has a gas support strut, but if you add a mattress topper (in my case 2" latex topper), the strut isn't strong enough to hold the hatch open.