Community Check-in

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
Between Covid and the tornados, it seems like a good time to do a check-in.

Please make a quick post to let us know you are alive and well and feel free to tag anyone you have not heard from, recently.

I haven't heard from @Mouseketab recently.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Howdy!!! I'm doing great :) Except for the fact I can't go camping, and the poor T@B is sitting all forlorn in the garage, I LOVE working from home, and this has been a gift for me :) All we got in the storm was a bunch of rain.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
    Checking in.  All good.  
    2016 cs-s max
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Removed from all human contact. Last day out to see others was March 12th. (6 terminal diagnosis plus diabetes). That's a lot of targets on my back. Using my 60 years of sewing scraps to make face masks according to CDC guidelines. There's always something you can contribute. Husband, me and non-human family are ok. Uncovered the t@b about 4 days ago. Today expecting 3-5 inches of snow. Enjoy each moment as it comes as each one is precious and will not come again. Revel in each breath and heartbeat, for even that is truly a gift.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Thinking about when we can retrieve our TaB from 6 months of storage and dewinterize.  I ordered a new mount for the 7 pin - will arrive soon thanks to Amazon.  Keeping busy with contractors in the house for our mudroom/laundry room creation.  Playing online Mah jong with my ladies group.  Got a Firestick!  We are probably the last to explore streaming as we watch little TV, but, that may change.  John has completed our reservations for our TaB fall trip out west - hopefully those plans will stick.  @ScottG - how are things up in your neck of the woods?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Hey Jenn, glad to know you're doing well. We're good here, though wondering how the economy is going to recover, and probably drinking too much wine.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    ChanW said:
    Hey Jenn, glad to know you're doing well. We're good here, though wondering how the economy is going to recover, and probably drinking too much wine.

I am still working and keeping my fingers crossed that I stay that way. 

In western PA, our numbers are pretty close to Ohio and I am hoping the PA governor starts looking at regions and reopening our area more in alignment with Ohio. The eastern side of the state is a bit of a mess, still, and it will be some time, yet, for them. 

I had my first outing for the year canceled. It was with the Ohio T@b group to Hocking Hills, originally scheduled for this weekend. I will be curious to see how the rest of the summer and my fall trip could be impacted.

Between Denise's press conference and the new CDC guidelines for reopening the economy, I was a little more hopeful that we might have üCamp. I think some will have to choose not to attend because their health is vulnerable but safe social distancing can still be practiced. Allison has posted in the FB group that a decision will be made on June 1.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    How are our T@B owners in the way of last weekend tornados doing?  I’ve only heard from two, but I realize communications and power outages affect our lives greatly.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    edited April 2020
    @ScottG - how are things up in your neck of the woods?
    All good here. The T@B had a little excitement in the big wet April storm that hit the northeast last week, but the mighty little camper appears unscathed. Although it is still chilly, that snow is already a faint memory.
    Sure beats what's happening to the folks down south...

2015 T@B S
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    First and foremost, wishing everyone good health and a special hello to all those dealing with mother nature's wrath as well. Stay safe. 

I feel like I'm 16 again....gas is cheap and I'm on restriction!

Things here in SoCal going OK, all things considered. I "retired" last year after 30yrs in corporate legal world. In January, a local company that manufactures hi-tech sensors for the F-22 & F-35 fighters made me an offer that I couldn't refuse so I was "back to work" for a bit this spring, until the quarantine order. May go back once things open up again.

As for my Air Boss business, I've had two airshows cancel and another postponed. Have six shows on the schedule from late July thru mid-Oct., all on west coast. Time will tell if they come off as planned.   

Had a 3 month adventure planned across the South in early spring which obviously was shelved due to job offer. Once I can go outside and play again, likely keep it closer to home. 

Heading to the storage facility today to check in on the rig (neighborhood CCR's prohibit RV's being parked in driveways, etc.) Fortunately, the facility is close by...nice place and great folks. Get all the systems up and runing and take it for a spin. Little exercise is in order. 

Take good care, everyone! Here's to T@Bin' again soon!   
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Hanging in in Oklahoma.  Tried to get out before it all came apart, tried the new to us Tow vehicle on a 90 mile trip in a circle looking for a camping site.  Good news, the Tow Vehicle looks up to the job.  Bad news, not a camping site open that we were willing to use.  Back home to the shop home for the 400.  Hoping for a timely end to all the madness and now is a great time of reflection as to what do we all actually want to restore to our lives.  Time to give up what was not working and enjoy what really matters.  Stay safe everyone  and until it is T@B time again...........  Fred, Donna and Jaxson.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    edited April 2020
    Eastern Washington checking in, and all is well. Perfect camping weather... sigh. A fellow Tabber invited me over to her yard to camp and as much as I’d love to, I don’t want us to end up in the morning paper getting blasted
    for it. There’s room for social distance... I hope our fellow Tabbers in the South, and those who
    live full time are doing ok. Great post @jkjenn! (Sorry Jenn... you started thus post! )
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2020
    Doing fine out here in New Mexico.  We are on our 7th week of sheltering in place and have stayed busy landscaping, small tasks indoors and have explored many BLM areas around Deming and beyond Silver City.  We take rides out into the country side to break up the monotony and in an effort to stay away from others as we treat everyone as potentially being infected. The 400 is in storage just down the street and I received a replacement window from the factory and hope to replace it soon.  

There are 3 COVID cases in Luna county and since Michigan seems to be one of the top 4 hot bed areas of the US we feel we are much safer here.  No plans to head back until the numbers start to improve and travel restrictions ease up in some of the states we travel through.  And as Chan noted, we still have wine and should be okay as long as we have a few sips available at the end of the day.  😂🍷

Stay safe and pray for better days ahead as well as for those families who have lost loved ones and the thousands out there today who are starving and dealing with the burden of lost jobs and incomes.  🙏🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Stay out of Michigan, Mike.  No good here.  I work from home most days, but other days must venture out.  Being very careful, as I have a preexisting lung condition.  SE of state getting hit really hard, and spreading rapidly.  Miss my friends and family, but I refuse to travel and won't have anyone out to the farm.  
  • jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    Doing good here in Ohio. Selfishly frustrated for the cancelled camping plans, but understand and support our Governor's early and excellent leadership in all of this. Doing all of the right things, waiting it out, and using our 400 for driveway camping and as a very cozy reading and relaxing annex :-) 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    Things are good in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. Cancelled the first two trips of the season so far. But we are safe and healthy. Hopeful things can get opened up within reason fairly soon. We are doing the "Camp In", camping in the driveway, this weekend. I have the propane fire pit set up and everything is ready to go. It's all we can do for now. Camp on!
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 270
    Doing well out here in AZ. Camping this weekend. Plenty of distance between sites so social distancing is in full affect.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • ezusmanisezusmanis Member Posts: 20
    Escaped to SW Florida mid March before everything shut down. Recently got laid off but early retirement looks like a very good alternative - more trips with the 400 :)
    2019 T@B 400 BD Lite / '95 4WD GMC Yukon
    ezusmanis said:
    Escaped to SW Florida mid March before everything shut down. Recently got laid off but early retirement looks like a very good alternative - more trips with the 400 :)
    Sorry to hear about your job loss. It just stinks. Glad it sounds like there might be a bright side for you.

@Carolyn and @Bill_in_Tulsa are you out there? Please check in as we haven't heard from either one of you in a while.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I’ve been messaging with @Bill-In-Tulsa—they’re fine. @Carolyn is in northern Indiana. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    @Verna, thanks so much. Have been wondering.....
  • Bill_in_TulsaBill_in_Tulsa Member Posts: 65
    Thank you for checkin up on my and mine. We are doing great in Tulsa, Ok. Hope all is good with you. Best for us to you. Be safe and wash your hands often and maintian social distancing... smile. Bill

Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    2016 Silver Shadow 5x10 ~ TV 2016 Ford Transit 350 Wagon XLT van.
    "Find the Magic in a Teardrop Trailer"
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Hey @TerryV6 - how are you two doing?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 123
    all good here in northern indiana. So far we have one identified case in our county. We are being cautious but ver anxious to camp!
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Amy and I are home in Asheville, NC. I just hit the 6AM senior hour and scored some hand sanitizer.  B)
    Our kids and grandkids are doing well but they have cabin fever.
    We came off 11 weeks in our Tab 400 and within the first week home, I tackled all of the tweaks we listed during our trip. LOL The camper it detailed and ready to launch.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• elbowwilhamelbowwilham Member Posts: 14
    Doing good in Idaho. Been taking my 320 out for overnights in the desert. No problem with social distancing out there. 
    2020 320S Boondock Edge - 2013 Honda Ridgeline  2017 Infiniti QX60
    @elbowwilham, some of us are very, very envious.
  • SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    edited April 2020
    Doing OK, staying home as much as possible here in south Florida.  Not much to do anyway.

Edited with apologies for being negative.

Looking forward to being able to camp.

Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

I think when you see groups...even large ones, it's easy to think it represents the masses. I had an experience in a local bike trial, where it was so crowded, it convinced me not to go back. But, our county officials helathcare leaders have over and over praised people for adhering to the order because we have flattened the curve.

One of the full timers in the FB group recently shared that she is in a park in the southeast and that people are practicing social distancing. 

It is always the bad behavior draws attention.