Where do you store your Lagun Table?

Susan0214Susan0214 Member Posts: 20
We are new to the family with our recent purchase of a 2020 T@B 320 Boondock Lite. I love having the ability to remove the Lagun table because it creates so much more usable and visual space inside. I have yet to find an easy place to store the table inside the camper. We tried laying it in the back left corner behind and under the couch back, but it fits awkwardly, is hard to place and remove (why did they give us such a heavy table?), and feels like it could cause problems with other systems there since it is so hard and heavy. I could always put it in the tow vehicle or outside but I’d like it to be available inside the camper. I want to love the functionality of this table but right now it is just really annoying. What do all of you do with the table if you remove it temporarily? 

Comments

• cyoungcyoung Member Posts: 53
    I have a 2021 320 Boondock and the table and leg fits perfect under the passenger side seat. Not sure if there is a difference between the 2020 model. 
    2021 320 BOONDOCK, 2017 F150 2.7 ECOBOOST
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    When the bed is made up, we slide it under the bed.  Another option if you have an outside mount is to place it outside.  You would need to cover it, but it is well protected under the side rent or awning.  Some owners have placed another mount on the side benches to be able to relocate the table and use it while cooking.  Will it fit on the small ledge in the bathroom?  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Susan0214, I do the same as @cyoung.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Susan0214 I always leave mine up. I also replaced the standard table top with something smaller, lighter, and much prettier. It’s a bamboo cutting board from WM. I used the original bracket, just swapped out the top. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Susan0214Susan0214 Member Posts: 20
    Very Nice! We have already discussed switching the top for something smaller and lighter. Great choice!
    My husband is working on turning both side seats into the 2021 style with the pull out feature to support the bed. Of course he started with the passenger side seat box so it is completely in disarray. I never tried it in there and just assumed that with the wheel well and the box containing the A/C ducting it would never fit. Can you post a photo of your space under the passenger side seat so I can see if the 2020 and 2021 are identical? Or I could just wait until he is done. 

• JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    In the attic.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • DeboBestyDeboBesty Member Posts: 5
    Speaking of tables - we just purchased slightly used 2018 320s Outback (now Boondock). The only thing we DON”T like is the table - cantilevered design makes it impossible to level - how have the rest of you worked with this?
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Ditto what Sharon said - when bed is made, we pop the top off & slide it & the L-shaped support under the bed. 
    The real problem, IMO, is that it's just too big.  So, we've done like many others and replaced it with a smaller one.  I had a very old extra large cutting board from my parents that I salvaged, trimmed & routed the edges, and mounted it offset, so it could be used in this position..

This is the position that could not be used with the original Lagun top - with the narrow width between us close to the seat back.  It was just too long to fit, but this smaller size is a lot more comfortable to use.  I cut off the corners to make it even easier to move around it, and it still has enough area to serve as a dining table for two, for which we normally use it diagonally between us.
    I still haven't finished it, because I'm not sure whether I should try to preserve the somewhat weathered top or just sand the entire thing down and stain & finish.  I've got to at least seal the cut edges though.  I think it's maple, as it's pretty heavy and a full inch thick.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @BrianZ - that’s a great, upcycled table!  

@DeboBesty - Do you have the Lagun, marine-style table?  It is awkward until you figure out how to use it.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    After fighting with the Lagun-style table all weekend on our first trip we are definitely going to replace the top with something smaller, lighter, and easier to store. Thanks for photos of your tabletop mods! We also have large cutting boards that should work well. The table is great when we are eating inside or using it for holding an iPad or laptop office-style, but otherwise it just takes up too much space. We did get used to quickly using the levers to move, tighten, and remove the table so making the top smaller and lighter should hopefully resolve our annoyance with the table. Now to work on getting comfortable using the tiny bathroom and using it for additional storage space. 😉
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    edited June 2020
    Susan0214 said:
    After fighting with the Lagun-style table all weekend on our first trip we are definitely going to replace the top with something smaller, lighter, and easier to store. Thanks for photos of your tabletop mods! We also have large cutting boards that should work well. The table is great when we are eating inside or using it for holding an iPad or laptop office-style, but otherwise it just takes up too much space. We did get used to quickly using the levers to move, tighten, and remove the table so making the top smaller and lighter should hopefully resolve our annoyance with the table. Now to work on getting comfortable using the tiny bathroom and using it for additional storage space. 😉
    Honestly, I thought I’d redo mine, but quickly decided my Lagun stays home, along with the TV and the two curved cushions, as things I’m literally just preserving for resale. In place of the Lagun, I use a a 12”x15” flat travel lap desk if I’m going to do any typing, and a large tray with a lip as a “side table”. If I want to eat at a table, nearly every established campsite provides a picnic table. Or I can bring along a much lighter and larger-surfaced folding plastic table that can be used indoors or out. (The Lagun top at least through 2019 is not weather resistant.)

One improvement I made to the bathroom was adding a grab bar. That made it WAY easier to get in and out. Details and different ways people have approached doing that can be found here on the forum.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    My wife and I on our first use realized the stock table (on 2021 320) could not be set beside us the narrow way if sitting with our backs on the back seat (pictured above with the new table). This was frustrating us. My immediate thought was the design was wrong, that if the pivot were set 2 or 3 inches from the center there would be another degree of freedom to move.  Anybody try just moving the aluminum bracket along the long axis so it's not centered? I like the light weight, size and weather resistant material so don't (yet) want to change the table.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
    @BrianZ - that’s a great, upcycled table!  

@DeboBesty - Do you have the Lagun, marine-style table?  It is awkward until you figure out how to use it.
    Yes - the ratchet may be a bit stripped on ours - I can now get it level, but just small movements make it fall again . . . I think I’ll do as others have suggested & make a lighter, probably bamboo, top
    @Susan0214 I always leave mine up. I also replaced the standard table top with something smaller, lighter, and much prettier. It’s a bamboo cutting board from WM. I used the original bracket, just swapped out the top. 
    May I ask what WM is?  I am looking for a similar solution but I cannot find a top in a large enough size!
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    “Wally World” or better known as Wall Mart — a big “Box” General store.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    I mentioned this in a previous post. I would use my top instead of 2 or 3 bed slats in my 2016. My 2018 top for some reason was made to short to go across to be used as bed slats. If you make your own I suggest you make it long enough to be used for a bed slat and carry 2 less bed slats. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • grassgdgrassgd Member Posts: 115
    I went the  other way and made a larger table top that can be used in place of most of the slats when making up the bed.  I never liked putting the table on the floor under the bed at night where we put our shoes.  I like the larger table top when we are eating and find it no problem when just sitting.

New Table Top

In Position for Bed

2019 T@B 320S
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    grassgd  Great job! I cant understand why NU-Camp doesn't do that. Another addition would be to mount your other two slats right under the table with magnets to store the slats . Thanks Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    We have a 2016 Tab max S (320) and it came with the original middle table, which we quickly removed.  I bought the Lagun hardware from a place in England and added a nice small tabletop from a wooden TV tray.  It is very handy and can be put in so many positions.  We leave it up.  Love it...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    Per my earlier thought I removed the table's screws and shifted it to try the concept but only reattached it by the existing four holes. We loved the new position and the results in the other orientations are acceptable with us. I then pilot drilled and attached the other two screws. The table now sticks out a bit more in the opposite orientation but the other orientations are the same or better for us. Note that the table can be positioned to hit the bath wall corner but is easy to avoid.  We also are experimenting with pulling the sliders only halfway out and making/using a half back width cushion for the bed. This allows for night use, leaving the Lagun table in place as a night stand and the (separated) back cushions stored between the bench and the slide out AND most importantly we can easily get up in the night.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network