Options

Outdoor Carpet storage container

We have a large outdoor carpet that we take everywhere with us - love it. I typically roll/fold it and put it in the back of the truck. It is one of the recycled plastic ones so it weighs almost nothing but takes up a lot of space! I have been searching for a better place to store it.

One option I have been considering is putting it in a PVC pipe mounted somewhere to our 400. I had hoped I could put it between the bottom of the tongue box and the body of the 400 - but I need about a 6" wide pipe and it won't fit there. The pipe would also need to be about 75" long. 

I considered mounting it to the bottom of the Tab somewhere, but couldn’t see any easy area to attach it. The other option I have been considering is to somehow mount the pipe on the rear edge of the tongue box (see photo of rug). Has anyone done this? Any other ideas?

Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Take a look at these threads about sewer hose storage.  Some owners have attached long containers on the underside or off the rear of the TaB.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/53802#Comment_53802
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/4417/sewer-hose-storage/p1
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited July 2020
    @Michael49, have you seen this mod for the t@b 320's? Notice the nice radius cuts in the plastic front tub. There are even mods done for those with diamond plate tubs too. Use the search function in the upper right corner of the screen. Type in a few key words and browse the topic list. These are in fact sewer hose storage modifications, but with a different tube diameter size, this might work well for you. Good luck.

2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    We just added a sewer hose tube to our Tab and wanted it to go like the one shown in the pic above, behind the diamond plate tub and resting on the frame.  We measured and could have cut the diamond plate tub to fit the diameter of the tube. The only thing stopping us was the gas hose coming into the tank. 
    We ended up mounting the tube on the drivers side of the tongue along the frame. 

2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
    @Michael49, have you seen this mod for the t@b 320's? Notice the nice radius cuts in the plastic front tub. There are even mods done for those with diamond plate tubs too. Use the search function in the upper right corner of the screen. Type in a few key words and browse the topic list. These are in fact sewer hose storage modifications, but with a different tube diameter size, this might work well for you. Good luck.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    xdr said:
    We just added a sewer hose tube to our Tab and wanted it to go like the one shown in the pic above, behind the diamond plate tub and resting on the frame.  We measured and could have cut the diamond plate tub to fit the diameter of the tube. The only thing stopping us was the gas hose coming into the tank. 
    We ended up mounting the tube on the drivers side of the tongue along the frame. 

Yea, I noticed the propane line. Not sure if I could do it without disrupting that - or how to make a nice, clean radius cut in my tongue box for that matter - I don't see my cut looking as clean as the ones above :) 

Do you have any photos of your driver's side mount?
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The easiest way to make a large radius cut like this, is to make a template from MDF or fiberboard, use a beam cutter to get the right size hole, and cut it down to the desired remaining radius.  Make a rough cut with a jig saw, then smooth up the cut with the template and a trim router.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Michael49 said:
    xdr said:
    The only thing stopping us was the gas hose coming into the tank. 
    Yea, I noticed the propane line. Not sure if I could do it without disrupting that...
    Borrowing an idea from another forum member, I added stand-offs to the feet of my sewer hose carrier so it would better fit the curve of the camper. Doing so left enough of a gap that the propane hose could fit between the carrier and the camper wall.
    Alternatively, you could source a longer propane line to get completely around the carrier.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    I believe I am @ScottG's afore mentioned "another forum member", and here's the link to my standoffs and "professor Fernco" mounting method..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/7013/sewer-hose-carrier-mounting-method/p1

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    BrianZ said:
    I believe I am @ScottG's afore mentioned "another forum member", and here's the link to my standoffs and "professor Fernco" mounting method..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/7013/sewer-hose-carrier-mounting-method/p1

That looks great Brian, but also looks time consuming. I’ve taken on so many projects in my 400 over the last few months (Added rooftop solar, lithium batteries, updated charge controller/battery monitor, added solar port for suitcase panel, altered dinette, added Lagun mount, finished a Live-edge table, installed a new faucet, added 12V outlet, and installing composing toilet soon) - not sure I can muster the energy for all that you did!! - but it looks like you did a very through job and its definitely food for thought! Thanks!
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    I’m sending a pic of the tube we put on the tongue. We purchased the tube and a good lid from Amazon. I wanted to paint the metal straps black for the aesthetics but the 100* weather drove us inside  
    xdr
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    xdr said:
    I’m sending a pic of the tube we put on the tongue. We purchased the tube and a good lid from Amazon. I wanted to paint the metal straps black for the aesthetics but the 100* weather drove us inside  
    xdr
    Thanks. That looks pretty short though. Our tube will need to be 75” long!
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Michael49, here is an idea from @Dalehelman. Search "pictures of my favorite mods" this is how Dale stows his stinky slinky. I think a larger diameter tube would again accomplish what you are looking to do. Good luck!

2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    @Michael49, here is an idea from @Dalehelman. Search "pictures of my favorite mods" this is how Dale stows his stinky slinky. I think a larger diameter tube would again accomplish what you are looking to do. Good luck!

That looks about perfect, I’ll have to check that out. Thanks for sharing.