Options

Name for your T@B?

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited March 2022
    We call our TaB400 T@RDIS, like the Blue Phone Box looking time machine, used by Dr. Who, which is bigger on the inside, than it looks on the outside!
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    1991sb1991sb Member Posts: 27
    Our new 320s is T@Bañita (based on “cabañita,” or little cabin), T@Bi for short.
    Bill & Sharon
    New Mexico
    2021 T@B 320s (“T@Bañita”)
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock (“Redwing”)
    2020 Subaru Ascent (“Bubbles”)
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    edited July 2020
    Barteur said:
    The ROC, we are avid runners so its for Running Operation Center😂
    Glad I'm not the only one that uses my t@b primarily as a portable trail running home.  

Slept in it in the finish line parking lot of our last marathon too.  really handy!

Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • Options
    Nice  ;)
    cheers
  • Options
    MichiganSunshineMichiganSunshine Member Posts: 19
    I usually don't name my vehicles but decided to name my 2017 T@B 320 SC-S "Sunshine" because it is yellow and is bringing joy to my life!
    Kathy - Lansing, MI
    2017 T@B 320 SC-S, 2016 Suburu Outback
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Currently our 2021 T@B CS-S is "N@meless T@B"...she shall have a name eventually...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    brent159brent159 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    We’re in the process of purchasing a silver/black 2014 S and plan to name it “T@Bitat” (like Habitat). We also have a Subaru and also thought about naming it the “T@Baru”
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited August 2020
    @brent159 It’s a good name.🙂
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Grand name, go for it!
    Cheers
  • Options
    kellywkellyw Member Posts: 56
    ScottG said:
    Currently, I refer to my T@b as "The Doghouse" because my dog and I are the usual occupants.  For my dog, a doghouse is natural; as for me, my DW thinks its natural also.  Lately, though, because I wanted to use the @ symbol in the name, I have been considering naming it "B@iley," which is my dog's name.  
    How 'bout "D@wghouse."  :-)

Perfect.  Thank you!
    My 2015 Sofitel is named The D@wg House - but she's getting sold soon - replaced by a 400 so off on the appropriate name search again... ;-) 
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock White/White; TV: 2020 Honda Ridgeline 
    2015 T@B Sofitel Silver/Silver;  TV: 2011 Honda Pilot
    Maryland's Eastern Shore - Ravens, Crabs, Bohs & O's!

Traveling with Violet Bean, most of the time...
  • Options
    simonseyzsimonseyz Member Posts: 44

Need I say more....... :open_mouth:
    2018 T@B 400+++2016 Chevy Colorado, 3.6 V6
    Hamburg, NY
  • Options
    henderslhendersl Member Posts: 2
    We settled to name ours "The Sh@ck". Hubby wanted "The Love Sh@ck" after the song.
  • Options
    TabbyShack....I had a kitty that had diabetes and required insulin twice daily, so I literally upgraded from a 320 to the 400 to have enough room to bring her along and her litter box, so I named it Tabby Shack, but sadly she passed away (from cancer!) just about six weeks before camping season started. 
  • Options
    ChopinChopin Member Posts: 40
    For some reason ours has come to be referred to as “The Box.” Somehow the name stuck 😂
  • Options
    TowheeTowhee Member Posts: 46
    Ours is "Towhee" and is parked near the bird feeder frequented by the spotted towhee.
  • Options
    LawyerboyLawyerboy Member Posts: 98
    I had to get a new tow vehicle.  My neighbor said, of my new F-150, can't wait to see the Beast.  So, of course, Truck is "The Beast," and the Tab is Beauty, so when I hook the Tab 320 to the Truck, the display screen in the truck shows that "Beauty" is the connected trailer.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @Lawyerboy I love those names! Too cute. 

Our official name for the Tab is  S@mwise because it is a faithful companion. But we tend to call it T@bitha for some reason... It just seems to fit.  :)

2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    edited October 2021
    Towhee said:
    Ours is "Towhee" and is parked near the bird feeder frequented by the spotted towhee.

Very similar to how our T@B got it's name, "Chirping Bird". We park it near a tree where I have several bird feeders. One day when we were in the T@B getting familiar with things we heard loud chirping. When we looked out the window there was a cat bird perched about 2 feet away feeding on some grape jelly. We would spend many hours in the T@B bird watching those first few weeks while we were waiting for our cushions to arrive. I use to joke how we had one of the nicest bird blinds I've ever seen.
    Our TV doesn't really have a name because it's not ours. We had been looking at T@Gs and T@Bs for several years and the only thing holding us back from purchasing one was that we needed a TV. Neither one of us wanted to give up our smaller economical  commuter cars and we really didn't have the room for a 3rd vehicle and a T@B. Budget-wise it would be pushing things a bit beyond out comfort zone as well.
    Then one day my father-in-law pulled up to our house in a new truck. As he was showing it to us he noted how he made sure it was able to tow any T@B and that we could use it whenever we wanted. My wife and I were hesitant to take him up on his offer but he spent a year convincing us that he wanted us to use it. So that's why we simply refer to our TV as "Dad's Truck".
    On a side note, this arrangement caused a lot of confusion with our insurance company who initially claimed they couldn't insure the T@B because we didn't own a vehicle capable of towing it. Apparently the insurance company that "insures it all because they've seen it all" never saw this arrangement before. It wasn't until we threatened to cancel all of our policies with them that they were able to work things out with us.
    2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    We previously has a T@G and her name was "Bowser's Bed & Bre@kf@st"...our TV has a license plate BWSR...so when we upsized.. "Bowser's C@stle" was appropriate for our T@B...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    T@bitha for us too - a gazelle amongst the behemoths and a beautiful sight to see.
    Although @xdr it is also 'our precious' ...
    2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    "OttO"...

2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited October 2021
    My wife said "Boonie" for our 2020 400 BDL, so Boonie it is. I tow it with my Big Blue Truck (2021 F-250 with a Tremor off-road package and a 6.7 liter diesel) which has been named "Azul" or "Blue" in Spanish.

Azul is much simpler than BBT or "Big Blue Truck".

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    We call our 320 CSS "Wildcat" and its tow vehicle is "Chuck" the truck.  The inspiration for the 320 came from the Kentucky blue trim of the last CSS on the lot.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    RomanaRomana Member Posts: 30
    Romana, one of Dr. Who's time traveling companions
    Romana - 2005/6 Thor T@B T16
    Towed by 2003 Toyota Tundra Stepside
    Port Townsend, WA
  • Options
    DMatternDMattern Member Posts: 22
    We should be getting our T@B 400 BD any day now - we've already named her "Bubbles" because in style and spirit she reminds us of the Bubbleator from the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle (we are from the Pacific Northwest). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubbleator 
    Bubbles - 2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    Tug - 2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid
  • Options
    adventuringapriladventuringapril Member Posts: 15
    Fauna because shes my favorite animal from Animal Crossing video game and it has a dual meaning it also means animal life which I love and adore animals!
    2022 T@b 320CS-S Boondock
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 
    Phoenix, AZ
    Instagram: adventuring_april
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Romana said:
    Romana, one of Dr. Who's time traveling companions
    Nice Romana, our TaB400 is the T@RDIS, we should get together some time…  B)
    cheers 
  • Options
    akarjalaakarjala Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2022
    Our T@b's name is T@batha.  That was her name when we bought her and didn't want to confuse her by changing her name.  That was besides the fact that we thought it was great.  Our Pickup is a Nissan Titan Pro-4X Diesel named Prometheus.  T@batha and Prometheus get along great.  She likes to go whereever he goes.
    2018 T@B 400, aka T@batha
    Towed by a white 2017 4x4 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X, 5.0L Diesel, aka Prometheus
  • Options
    subfreq111subfreq111 Member Posts: 45
    Our red 320S is called the Strawberry for obvious reasons.
    Nick / 2018 T@B 320 S / 2010 VW Jetta TDI / Coeur d'Alene, ID
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    edited March 2022
    Ours is called the Turtle. My wife and I met because of a Snapping Turtle. It's a hard shell we stay in, and we go slower when we're pulling it.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York