Changes for Model Year 22

I have a '21 T@B 400 BD on order with local dealer.  Supposed to be built in mid June.  While talking to dealer today, he told me about the changes for MY22.  In addition to about a 4% price increase, there are some really nice changes:

1. Transcore Composite Floor.   This appears to be same floors used by Airstream
  2. New Power converter that supports LiFePo batteries
  3. Automatic Battery Cutoff    (not sure how that would work)
  4. LP Tank Sensors
  5. Locking exterior hatches (same brand and type but with locks)
  6. New cushions
  7. "All Black Components"  (have no idea what this means)
  8. New graphics and sidewall options

So would you pay 4% more for these?   Sounds like really smart improvements to me.  Just wish they offer bigger 12v fridge but nothing since they are discontinuing the Solo version. 

Comments

• manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    The composite floor alone might be worth the price increase. There was a pretty lengthy thread on here about the disappointing news that they had started using luan (and composite in a sandwich) in the subfloor due to the Azdel floors not holding up to weight. I had a feeling once airstream started using this that nucamp would follow.

The other items would be nice to have but many can be retrofitted if needed.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I doubt I would, we really like our 2020 400 BDL. Updating the Converter alone will not solve the "inherent charging issue", which means that the location and gauge of wire combined create too much resistance which prevents the converter from being able to use the Bulk Charging Mode. Which causes an extended period of time required to charge the batteries, not a big deal if you only are at places with connections; which we rarely are. This situation would only be worse with LifePo4 batteries if they didn't relocate it.

Mopeka sensors work great for propane level, and the rest would be a hard sell for me to make the switch. Short of upgrading to LifePo4 batteries, I have this one just the way I want it now. 

However, if you don't already own one and are willing to wait for the 2022 MY; that is a complete different story.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • NorCalMikeNorCalMike Member Posts: 52
    Yea I think the new floor material is the most important.  Found a good description of its application in TT's here:  https://www.airstream.com/blog/composite-flooring-making-improvements-for-traditional-travel-trailers/

• CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    @NorCalMike, I'm with you... the only thing here I'd consider waiting longer for is the new flooring, and even that is not enough for me to postpone my late-June delivery.

Cheers,
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Yes, the new floor is a great improvement over the previous solutions, especially the plywood composite they were using in MY2021 units build recently.  Looks like a better solution than the previous Azdel composite floor originally used.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Went ahead and changed my order from the last of the model year 21 to one of the first model year 22 T@B 400's.   New production date is week of July 26 so lose five weeks but seems worth it for the new composite floor, power converter and other changes.  They also brought over a few aesthetic changes from 320 such as roof color option and the mountain scene graphics package.   I figured having a new model year also helps with resale if I ever decide to sell it even though just a few weeks older.   
  • MikePMikeP Member Posts: 1
    30 gallon freshwater, 21 gallon grey water, 12 gallon blackwater
    The tank capacities in the 400 are the same, no change since 2018.  Previous listings showed the amount of fresh water available to pump out, as you can not pump the tank dry.
    cheers
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    Best thing I've seen for the new 320 is the upgrading the converter to one that allows full charging of Lithium Batteries. 
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
    And the Lithium battery upgrade option…
    cheers
  • DenverJaguarDenverJaguar Member Posts: 57
    I got an email today from NuCamp saying they could not share the 2022 updates. They said they'd let the dealers know first, and then they would share the details with the general public. My dealer was completely unaware of any changes for 2022 last month when I put my order in. 
  • TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    The floor in our '18 is sagging in spots.  We have a warranty repair scheduled this summer.  I think I will ask if I can get this space-age Tanscore Composite Floor put in as the replacement.
    2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • CindyLovesCampingCindyLovesCamping Member Posts: 11
    The updates for 2022 models sound great. Composite floors could mean cool new interior colour options and the locking hatches make sense. I spoke to two dealers today and neither could tell me anything about updates to 2022 model, this is the first indication I have heard of what may be coming. I plan to place my order for T@B 400 Boondock in the next week or two with in hopes of taking delivery in early spring 2022. But that may be tricky if the dealers don't have the updates! 
    CindyLoo from Waterloo...picking up my T@b 400 BD on April 21!

2023 T@B 400 BD I 2018 MB GLE 400
  • rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    Ditto on my dealer having no updates/info on the 2022 models. Nothing is official until it is official, right?
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
    edited June 2021
    The floor in our '18 is sagging in spots.  We have a warranty repair scheduled this summer.  I think I will ask if I can get this space-age Tanscore Composite Floor put in as the replacement.
    Not likely @Tabulating. The 2018 Floor Repair is a specific procedure to stiffen the floor and eliminate the bumps and sags.  It is not an entire floor replacement, which would require lifting the trailer off its floor/frame unit.  The new Transcore Composite floor is a one piece, pre manufacturer Floor, not a layered composite floor used previously by nüCamp.  Putting a Transcore floor in would require removing the trailer body from the floor/frame, as you are not going to get that floor through the door.

When we had our 2018 floor repair done, nüCamp and our dealer outlined the repair process, which removes the lower furniture fronts, seating area, galley cabinet front and bunk front.  The washroom/closet unit is not removed.  Azdel panels are thin, and flexible and can be fished through the door.

The Lino is removed, any bad seams under it on the Greencore are repaired, than a sealer/adhesive is applied and a new Azdel panel is bonded down on top the Greencore subfloor.  Then a second sealer applied and a new Lino floor is installed on top the new Azdel panel.  
    This repair goes back under The front edge of the cabinets, and under the sink area corner cabinet (which has its base removed first).  The repair is not wall to wall, agin not really easily done, nor necessary, as you do not walk on the floor that is not exposed.  It does remove the sagging and raised bumps, and gives a stiffer, but still nice walking surface, the 2018 Lino floor is not a hard surface, but a slightly padded boat decking material that is totally water proof and stain resistant.  I prefer this flooring material to the hard stiff Acrylic Lino now being used.  I like a soft feel (not sagging) underfoot, which is nice to walk on barefoot. 
    Good luck with your floor repair.  Do a search on 2018 TaB floor repair, and my original article and photos will show up.
     Cheers 
    Here is list of actual changes from dealer.   I already have one on order so should be available to other dealers.

Nice info Mike, who is your dealer?
    cheers