From the Sugarcreek, Ohio Facebook page

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
nuCamp, the world's largest manufacturer of camper and teardrop trailers celebrated the groundbreaking of the nuCamp Service Center and Training Academy today. The ceremony was attended by nuCamp staff, public officials, and local business professionals.  Mayor Jeff Stuzman congratulated nuCamp founder Joe Mullet and said "I am very proud of the entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in our village. nuCamp stands out as a leader in the manufacturing business and the new facility will serve as a growth driver in our region, creating valuable jobs for our community."

From what I can figure out ftom the sign, this facility will be 50,000 sq ft, have 20 RV service bays, fully climate control (the repair guys won’t have to wear coats in the winter!), and 15 Learning E……. (I don’t know what the last word is). 
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I believe the word is environments. The sign went up when I was there in April but I didn't want to ruin their surprise. 😁

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited June 2021
    That would be nice, but nüCamp made the decision to have a true dealership sales model, and that normally includes parts.  This way, nüCamp deals direct with their various dealers, and not the general mass of customers as far as parts go.  Five customers at one dealership orders parts, and nüCamp has one order to process and one shipment to make for the five customer orders.  Most vehicle manufacturers do the sam thing.  I have a Kubota tractor, and to get original Kubota parts for it, I have to order them through a dealer.  I can see why they did this.  

The larger nüCamp dealers can setup a parts department, and get increased sales as a result.  A well run parts department can be very profitable, as most car dealers already do.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Most dealership’s deal with only one manufacturer. So they only have one source to deal with. They get to know their one source very well. RV dealers deal with several manufacturers. As a result their relationship with manufactures gets spread a little thin. My guess is that in many cases not all, T@Bs are a small part of their overall sales. Because of their price and high quality. Many RV buyers look for low prices and don’t realize the poor quality until later. I for one loved it when I could call and talk to Elsie.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    edited June 2021
    Farm equipment and tractor dealers are more like RV dealers, carrying several lines, and their parts dept. deals with more manufacturers or parts sources, than most RV dealers would.  Messick’s Farm Supply back east, reps four tractor manufacturers, plus numerous companies providing implements and accessories.  They have a parts department with about 20 customer service techs, handling walk in, telephone and internet requests.  

Having more than one source, allows for a larger dealership and a bigger parts department.  Our local TaB dealer only handles three or four RV manufacturers, has a parts department, and manages to provide parts from nüCamp and their other lines for their customers.  Their service department has only two full time technicians, and is in the process of being expanded into a larger facility.  Yet, they still managed to provide very good service for not only their customers, but for anyone needing their services.  
    cheers
    @Denny16
    I just said it would be great. Do you agree?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    Yes Dale, I do agree and any dealership, large or small can do this if they try.  For me, a Dealership’s first job is customer service, next is selling a product.  I ran a small retail business for a while, that carried items from more than 30 vendors, and we managed special orders, mail order and walk in customer service with a staff of three people.
    cheers
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    @Dalehelman completely agree with you on a parts department we could access without having to go through a middleman who may or may not care if they ever get back to your request. . . 
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    There are those that live pretty far from a dealer and thus have no relationship. I know they "drop ship" to the owner's address after the owner contacts the dealer, but that saves NuCamp no time or resources and just adds another step in the loop. So maybe an exception for those more than 100 miles from a dealer?

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
    I didn’t mean to high jack this thread. I just thought it would be great if they did. I wish we could all take advantage of NuCamps new and truly knowledgeable service department. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    My ONLY disappointment with nuCamp has been their decision to preclude owners from contacting them directly for parts.  Elsie was so much more than a parts resource - she was knowledgeable, pleasant and a true joy to work with.  Anyone who dealt with her came away with a pleasant nuCamp vibe.  You can't buy that type of goodwill and brand loyalty.  My dealer/parts purchasing experience since that decision has been disappointing to say the least.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 270
    I agree with Dale 100%
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • chpivchpiv Member Posts: 20
    Having dealt with two “dealerships” who did order what I needed and several more who never responded I am less than satisfied.
    The dealerships are only the middle man and the items generally get shipped from NuCamp.  The price I was charged was excessive, over twice as much as NewCamp charged for the same item back when one could deal with knowledgeable and honest people.  For just making a phone call to the manufacturer this is “what the market will bear pricing” and not fair.  Obviously they did not care about repeat business.
    Yes I called several dealerships and only one ever responded.  One asked if I bought the T@B there!    Didn’t want to speak any further when I said no.  Due to an upcoming trip I paid the price but will never forget the experience.  I should also mention I live in the middle of nowhere so RV dealerships are a long ways away.  
    That is why this forum is so valuable, information!
    So if anyone knows of a good or better yet great dealership for parts please post it here. There are too many pirates out there.
    I also agree with Dale.
    2015 Little Guy T@B Outback
    2017 Toyota Tacoma Offroad
    Bishop, CA
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Anyone know the current status of this endeavor?
    2015 T@B S
  • johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    On some, but not all parts, you may be far better off to get actual manufacturer model number and do a search. We did that on bent stabilizer and non-gripping window knob. The window knob got me in touch with manufacturer in Slovakia. They sent two of them for next to nothing. There is no love lost for dealers. Unfortunately it's the darker side of capitalism (just an opinion).
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • linolino Member Posts: 224
    I recently saw the progress on the new service center. This will be great for their staff and us owners 
  • MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 342
    And it will be a significant boost to the local community; training people so they can go out and become self supporting. An attached training center is a great deal.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"