edited June 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
... is a bad idea. Sorry!
Stockton, New Jersey
2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Clever idea, @AnOldUR!
    And maybe you could also have your home brew on tap!
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That is much better than the privy tent I used for shower snd portable toilet when I had my Silver Shadow Teardrop!  I still remember the 40 mph winds that were throwing the privy tent from side to side, reminding me of those air filled Gumby type advertising gimmicks!  That was the night I started researching T@B’s with an indoor bathroom😂
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    I am not familiar with where you camp that allows gray water to empty on the ground.  Is that available at all BLM/FS sites or where else?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Sharon_is_SAM, I always stood in a Rubbermaid tub and when taking a Navy shower, it was easy to catch 95%+ of all the water. I used the water to put out the campfire in the firepit. Using my method, I had to heat up the water first before the shower. It worked, but I sure like my inside bathroom now!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    edited June 2021
    @AnOldUR I saw your post before you deleted. It’s not a bad idea, but Sharon is correct, you just need to think about a couple of things. You’ll need a way to catch and correctly dispose of the resulting grey water, and you’ll want to be sure outdoor showers are allowed at the places you’ll be camping at, that’s all. I’ve also seen drain pans for hot water heaters or for clothes washers recommended as grey water catchers.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    @AnOldUR - I think it is a great mod!  I am sure there are areas where you can Boondock and disperse gray water.  Also, if you can somehow catch the water and route it away from the TaB to avoid a mud pit.  Vanlifers set up showers out their rear doors all the time - but that is probably out in the desert.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio