Where do you store your sewer hose?

I bought one of those collapsible sewer hoses at my RV dealer's store, and right now I have keeping it in the compartment with the battery and the propane tank. Since it hasn't yet been used its totally clean and dry, but once I use it (hopefully in the next few days) I am trying to think of a good place for it. There's really no room in the T@b for it, and I am not sure I want to keep the hose (after using it to empty both the gray and black water tanks) in my TV. I guess I could put it in a heavy plastic bag and put it in the TV, but the list of things to keep in the TV seems to be getting longer and longer. What do experienced T@b owners do?
2016 T@b S Maxx
2011 Subaru Outback
Rockford, Illinois

Comments

• OrygunOrygun Member Posts: 17
    Since my TV is a truck, I throw it in the back in a plastic box. It's also really not that bad smelling, since I always rinse out the tank and hose at the dump station before I leave.
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Mine goes into a homer bucket and into the TV.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited July 2015
    Coiled up in the propane cover - Rinse out good and cap the one end. - The pvc tube in there is designed to fit the dump end of the hose.

• jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Mounted a plastic Stanley tool box between jack stand and propane cover on trailer tongue.  Silver and black in color, so it blends in with our silver T@B.  Drilled 8 holes in bottom of box, secured with 4 u shaped clamps around trailer frame, secured by fibre nuts in the bottom of the box.  Over 10,000 miles on the trailer and no problems, also the sewer hoses are located right where I using them.

Also, I have the T@B bike rack, so storing them in the propane cover is not feasible.  The negative is, I can not mount the spare tire up front on the tongue.  But the weight of the bike rack and bicycles and putting the spare tire up front would push the tongue limits of my vehicle.

So I prefer to have the hoses there, the low spare tire in back has not been a problem for us.  Plus, changing the tire is cup of tea, compared to repairing a flat on a motorcycle on a trip.
    Wasn't screwing ends together about "water" hoses?
    My Rhino ends won't attach to each other.
  • twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 197
    I store similarly to PXLated.  It's not ideal, but best solution for the moment.  I plan to install a tongue box, but would like to use that for less dirty items.

Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    Transitioned from 2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx to 2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
    You can buy male and female sewer caps through Camping World. Can not hook the ends together, but put one end on, squeeze hose down in length and put other end on,
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Patti said:
    I guess I need to go look and see what kind I have because the ends do screw together.

A picture's worth a thousand words.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I mounted a PVC tube on my tongue behind the propane tank. (I don't have a plastic box on the tongue.)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • JiroTXJiroTX Member Posts: 124
    I have mounted some plastic boxes on the Outback front platform and put my sewer/water hose separate in those boxes.

• BWidgetBWidget Member Posts: 35
    I'm still experimenting. Right now they are in the bin on the left.
    Bill from Los Angeles Arizona
    2015 T@B S Maxx Outback
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
  • KatsKats Member Posts: 95
    We used to just stow our hoses in the propane tank cover. But we took a trip recently and hit more than a few bumps on the roads leaving the Berkshires. On the Taconic State Parkway several people came up next to us and drove alongside looking at us. We thought they were just looking at the T@B, which happens a lot. No, it turned out they were trying to get our attention to tell us that half our sewer hose was dragging on the pavement under the trailer. The pavement beat the...stuffing out of it. Now we have it secured with clothesline to the inside of the propane tank cover. 
    Nice photos of Outback storage.  Wish I had me that platform/rack on either side of the propane/battery compartment.

Beth
    Minnesota
  • vitovito Member Posts: 181
    Is that platform under the propane/battery box available for other than the Outback model?
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
    Kats said:
    We used to just stow our hoses in the propane tank cover. But we took a trip recently and hit more than a few bumps on the roads leaving the Berkshires. On the Taconic State Parkway several people came up next to us and drove alongside looking at us. We thought they were just looking at the T@B, which happens a lot. No, it turned out they were trying to get our attention to tell us that half our sewer hose was dragging on the pavement under the trailer. The pavement beat the...stuffing out of it. Now we have it secured with clothesline to the inside of the propane tank cover. 
    Ummmm,,, you do realize it's illegal to drive with a trailer on the Taconic, right?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    vito said:
    Is that platform under the propane/battery box available for other than the Outback model?
    I ordered my Sofitel with the diamond plate box and Outback platform, wheels and axle. You can order the platform from LG separately, so the answer is yes. Expect to wait a while if you custom order, mine is scheduled for Sept. 9 and was ordered in June.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited July 2015
    We got a piece of ½" wire mesh -- the kind of fencing you'd put around a garden to keep the rabbits out -- made a tagboard template of the curve of the propane/battery box, cut the wire fencing to shape with snips, inserted it from underneath, and wired it to the framing. The front curve sits over the front lip of the plastic propane/battery box. It wouldn't hold any weight as a "floor" but it's enough to keep the sewer hoses inside.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    I use a Valterra E-Z Hose Carrier that is fastened to the side of the tongue.  It has a cap on each end for easy cleaning and holds a length of sewer hose easily.  The extra fittings (right angle, etc.) go into a small rubbermaid type box.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2015
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    edited July 2015

jkjenn said:
    Ummmm,,, you do realize it's illegal to drive with a trailer on the Taconic, right?
    Parkways are usually limited-access roads normally prohibiting commercial trucks and semi's. This one is one of the longest in the U.S. (if not the longest).

Since there are many jurisdictions, there's probably several caveats to the trailer rule, but from the NYSDOT website:

"The following type vehicles are not permitted on the Parkways within the Parkway system, unless authorized under an agreement with the New York State Department of Transportation:

(f) house coaches;

I wonder how they define trucks? Does that include SUVs? The website was titled "New York State Parkways and Commercial Vehicles". Does that list mean all those things used for commercial purposes? 

As per all gov't websites, details were vague. YMMV. Class A's and Semi's use specific GPS systems that avoid roads where they are prohibited and/or there are size/height restrictions.

Edited to add apologies for thread hijack!! Eep. Need more coffee.
    Is a T@B considered a "house coach" in the list?
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Does the platform make it difficult to dump the holding tanks?
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
    Mercator - Could you share a photo or two of Valterra EZ hose carrier mounted?
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Katz - Ball Bungies - I secure mine to the propane tank with a small ball bungie. Hasn't come dislodged in 12,000 miles including rough back roads boondocking.
    Mercator said:

jkjenn said:
    Parkways are usually limited-access roads normally prohibiting commercial trucks and semi's. This one is one of the longest in the U.S. (if not the longest).

Since there are many jurisdictions, there's probably several caveats to the trailer rule, but from the NYSDOT website:

"The following type vehicles are not permitted on the Parkways within the Parkway system, unless authorized under an agreement with the New York State Department of Transportation:

(f) house coaches;

I wonder how they define trucks? Does that include SUVs? The website was titled "New York State Parkways and Commercial Vehicles". Does that list mean all those things used for commercial purposes? 

As per all gov't websites, details were vague. YMMV. Class A's and Semi's use specific GPS systems that avoid roads where they are prohibited and/or there are size/height restrictions.

Edited to add apologies for thread hijack!! Eep. Need more coffee.
    Is a T@B considered a "house cache" in the list?
    It's considered a trailer.

edited July 2015
    twocutes said:
    Mercator - Could you share a photo or two of Valterra EZ hose carrier mounted?

Installed on the passenger side along the side of the tongue, sloped slightly towards the rear for drainage when the hose is stowed.

The 2013 T@B has surge brakes, so the hitch might look different to the newer models.  I don't know whether that would make it easier (or harder) to install.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    I too use the valterra 64 inch pvc carrier.  Mine is mounted underneath to the aluminum frame I made which holds our water tank.  Our t@b is a 2007 Dutchman.

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• jebelhafitjebelhafit Member Posts: 16
    I have a Rhino drain hose stored in the propane/battery compartment.  I added a larger diameter white drain pipe in two pieces to allow for easy removal of the battery cover.  One end goes in the drain pipe provided and the other in the newly installed pipes.  Seems to work quite well.
  • RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Broken record here, my waste hoses don't touch or lay against anything that I may later hold or handle without latex gloves on.  That includes battery boxes, propane tanks etc.  Mine lives in its own bin in the back of my truck.  

I do really like that set up with the bin on the outback front rack.  I would drill a series of ventilation holes in the bin.  
    edited July 2015
    I rinse mine really well inside/out and cap the end - only the outside is ever in contact with anything like the battery box. Periodically I wash/rinse out the interior of the cover including the battery box. And wash my hands good after.
    I've handled far worse in my life - and before they invented latex :-)
    No one with the platform has answered the question on hooking your sewer hoses and dumping, I have not seen an Outback model and if there are no extensions, this could be one interesting situation if there is a hose problem.