Options

Do the 2021 or 2022 Tabs have a built in water pressure regulator

2»

Comments

• Options
    FreespiritFreespirit Member Posts: 131
    We have been using two water pressure regulators on our TAB 320 for over a year and have not had any issues. I tend to error on the side of redundant caution. I place a regulator on each end of the hose. Probably overkill, but I just don’t trust product quality control like I once did. 
    2020 TAB 320 U
    TV 2022 Highlander
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I also prefer to regulate the pressure at the shore faucet, so the house and external connections are regulated, you get less dripping leaks this way, running down the camper side wall or in Nautilus panel.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 134
    I think I will use a pressure regulator at the campground facet connection as well as the built-in.  Once again, I appreciate the discussion and exchange of ideas! 
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,686
    We still would need to know what flow you get with two pressure regulators.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    I do not see a pressure valve on mine.

• Options
    MTFLYMTFLY Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2022
    I have a 2022 400BD received Nov 11, 2021 that appears to have the regulator (see my pics)Tabby Shack has a 2022 standard 400 she received in Jan-Feb and they don’t have one as noted in their post. Said they stopped mid production maybe because of supply issues. 
    Finley ~
    2021 Ram Bighorn North Edition “MTFLY” 
    2022 Tab 400BD “Honey Pot”
    ”Honey attracts more flies than vinegar”
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,686
    Thanks for all the responses.  This is all very good info.
    On the FB pages the last couple of days, there was one owner with  a built in regulator, on city water, with the "yellow flapper valve" dripping continuously.  Opened the valve a couple of times to drain the water and maybe clean any debris that might be stuck in the valve, but it still leaked.  Put a second pressure regulator onto the city water connection this afternoon, and the leak stopped.  Tomorrow, they will take the second regulator off and test the flapper valve again. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    sandystab400sandystab400 Member Posts: 9
    On our first trip with our 2022 Tab 400 BD, we hooked up to city water without a pressure regulator and water came draining out 2 outlets at the back non-door side, hot and cold. We did this because this forum represented that there was a regulator built in. We went and bought a cheap regulator, hooked it up and turned on no draining water. So it seems to me that our 2022 does not have a suit in water pressure regulator 
    2022 Tab 400 BD
    2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    Valerie and Sandy
    2022 Tab 400BD
    2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    Redding and Pacific Grove Ca.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    @sandystab400 - nuCamp is known to make model changes.  Apparently they stopped installing the pressure regulators in the 2022 models.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
    I just picked up my new 2022 320 S Boondock Thu and it had one in the welcome bag.
    2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
    North Georgia
  • Options
    MTFLYMTFLY Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2022
    Yeah my dealer gave me a water pressure regulator without realizing one was already built in. I didn’t have any issues when Boondocking and hooked up to my home and at a KOA. See my earlier comment regarding whether all 2022s have it built in behind the nautilus panel under the bed (some do and some don’t). If you determine you have one built in I wouldn’t use a second regulator. The shower pressure is already just barely enough both boondocking and hooked up. However I have yet to test this theory about shower pressure. I’ll keep u posted if I do. I do know pressure fluctuates between hot and cold in kitchen sink … and it’s also different than the shower hot cold. Maybe something to do with distance or number of elbows. 
    Finley ~
    2021 Ram Bighorn North Edition “MTFLY” 
    2022 Tab 400BD “Honey Pot”
    ”Honey attracts more flies than vinegar”
  • Options
    subkronsubkron Member Posts: 149
    I have a 2022 400 BD and I do have a built in regulator right at the city water inlet.

2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    Our Feb 2022-built Tab 320 does not have a built-in pressure regulator, even though that was supposed to be a change for the 2022 model year.  Some earlier ones have it.  The welcome kit from Nucamp included a cheap plastic Camco regulator in place of the built-in.  Maybe a supply problem, like so many other things in the new world economy.

douglas
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona