Options

Seeking advice on "Gas Failure" fault with Alde 3020 HE --> RESOLVED

warbler_roadwarbler_road Member Posts: 83
I have done a search here after this turned up yesterday in my less-than-two-years-old T@B 400. Heat has worked fine, but now unit comes on, makes flame sound for thirty seconds, cuts off, tries again (that's what it sounds like), then throws a Gas Failure. There is some warmth. So it's lighting but not staying lit.

Read some troubleshooting tips here and have done some:
  • Reset on panel
  • Unplug 12v from the Alde
  • Turn off gas and sloooooooooooowly reopen valve like on my gas grill, which slows to trickle if you open it too fast
  • Exhaust flue is clear and I even vaccumed it out. 
  • Soapy water test on regulator connections and Tee-intersection at rear. No bubbles.

The stove gas rings work fine. Full propane tank (although this started when tank was near empty -- I thought that's all it was at first).

One curious thing: With all the recent discussion of glycol, I checked my reservoir and it's sitting at Max. I have never touched the thing since purchase; never needed to because heat has always worked wonderfully. About to draw it down with a siphon tube. I don't see how that could be related, but ...

Thanks for any input. I emailed Alde and they have been less than helpful. ("$280 for a new circuit board and we don't have any anyway, have a nice day")
  • Virginia
  • 2020 T@B 400
  • 2018 Tacoma SR V6 3.5L

Comments