Options

New 2022 T@b 400 to be delivered without screens

2»

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The screen door and frame are removable in the TaB400, ours was taken out and reinstalled as part of our floor replacement. There is no double sided tape as far as I know.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    What is going on with the window screens???  I had a 2017 T@B, and they easily went up and down and had some heft to them. On my new 2022 T@B 400, they are garbage. They are flimsy and bunch up on the sides when you try to close them. They also come out of their track. Is anyone else experiencing this?!!
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Wow, I've found the screens and blinds on my 2022 400 are way more sturdy and open and close way better than on my 2019 400.  I had the bunching issue on 2019 but not at all on 2022. 
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Did you address the bunching issue with your dealer and/or NuCamp?
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Update.....the screen in the back star gazer window does bunch pretty bad but I've found with a little bit of manipulation as it gets closer to fully retracted i can get it properly seated. 
  • Options
    SoCalEsbenSoCalEsben Member Posts: 42
    Did anyone get their door shipped from the dealership? Our screen door arrived at the dealership and since it's 6 hours away, I wanted them to ship it. Apparently they are not able to? Something with being too large for UPS and other freight services not delivering to residential. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    As this is a new purchase, I would email warranty@nucamprv.com and ask if it can be shipped to you.  Not sure how nuCamp is having the screen doors delivered to the dealership.  Maybe with a load of new TaBs??
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    That was my initial thought too. Turns out that NuCamp wants very little to do with my request and asked me (more than once) to plan this with the dealership. Now it's finally arrived at the dealership - would have been a lot easier if they just shipped it to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited June 2022
    Hum, I assumed it would be mailed direct to me from NuCamp. I hadn't even considered any other possibilities. I'm four hours from my dealer and I'm quite handy, so I fully intended to install it myself. Too bad if its too big for UPS. Massive large things get delivered to residential addresses everyday by freight companies.  Its not difficult.

I see now that I need to email my dealership guy again and make it clear that it should be shipped direct to me.  I will keep you posted. 

6/2: Just informed screen doors only shipping to dealers. It remains to be seen if dealer will refuse to ship to me. 
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    Our new 2022 320s BD was delivered to the dealer without front window or door screens, dealer said they would get them sometime in the future.  We refused writing the check without the screens and they found some and put them on.

Doug
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    So then someone else didn't get their screens they otherwise would have gotten in the unit they took yours out of  >:) haha. That was a smart move though. 
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    @kottum we had a similar experience - our 320S arrived without a few ordered options as well as without the front door screen. Believe it our not  we agreed with our salesperson to send it back! Fortunately we had the advantage of the dealer being close to nuCamp and we did have to wait another month. But we got it back with all parts installed as ordered and spec’d! (And reading how some are still waiting for their screen door it was worth the wait!)

That said - and maybe this is because this trailer is our first so we are new to RVs and trailers - but I find it very interesting on where the “acceptable” bar is in this category. Despite the fact that an RV may be an even bigger investment than an auto! But maybe we are just venturing in to this category at an abnormal time too.

Kevin
  • Options
    The point is you don't have to accept a camper with missing parts.  If enough purchasers reject this sub-standard crap, it will quickly move up the food chain and someone will find a way to get the screens.  If not, they'll just keep playing the game.

Doug
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited July 2022
    We have been 'T@Bless' since Janurary due to the unavailability of parts. We sold our 320 with the intent to buy a 400. No screen doors, etc. kept us from pulling the trigger. By early May we decided to just get another 320 to be able to get back road tripping.
    When it was time for pick-up in Salem, VA (9 hour round trip) with a cashier's check in hand, the dealer told us during delivery prep they realized they hadn't told us it was an incomplete unit and we could bring it back when they get parts....NOPE!
    We could have been informed at any point of the two week sales process over the phone and email that it was missing parts.
    We are currently back to using our tent. We miss touring, staying overnight at Harvest Hosts and such. We are, however, able to get much deeper off the beaten path not pulling a trailer. We'll resolve our 'issue' by the time we head out for the fall months. NuCamp products are great, but we're weighing our options at this point looking at other manufacturers. Thanks for reading my rant!

Improvise, adapt, overcome...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited June 2022
    The only thing missing on my 2022 400 that I took delivery of February 16th was the screen door. That was a non issue for me. I preferred to have the tab in my possession (and enjoyed four trips so far) rather than be anxiously awaiting a part that didn't effect the enjoyment of the camper. Had it been something major though like fridge, ac, or Alde related then totally different story.  

Edit....I also got a non-12 volt tv which bothered me at first but I no longer care. The picture is really good and I'm happy with it. 
  • Options
    Screen door arrived at the dealer and after a little back and forth, they agreed to ship it to me. Now I just have to find some instructions (contacted nuCamp) although I do hear it's an easy install.

I too have the 110V tv - just watched a relatively new 400 walkthrough from nuCamp on YouTube. Sounds like the 110V tv is standard now.
  • Options
    schwartzkischwartzki Member Posts: 47
    I self installed my screen door. It was easy. I modified my install and added weatherstripping to keep the bugs out.
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock (7200+ miles)
    2022 - 11 trips - 34 nights
    2023 - 4 trips - 21 nights and counting
    --------------------------------------------------
    2018 BMW X5 xDrive35d (17 mpg towing avg)
    2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road (10.9 mpg towing avg)
  • Options
    @schwartzki did you have to do any string assembly on the door or was it already assembled and just need to put the horizontal supports on?  
  • Options
    boontabboontab Member Posts: 18
    We took delivery of our 320S Boondock in early April 2022 without a screen door. I stood firm about the missing front window privacy shade/screen and refused to sign or take delivery without it. Poof, one appeared and the service person installed it in 15 minutes. It was early enough in the year and we figured life camping without a screen door would be okay. So I signed with the promise a screen door would be delivered in the not-so-distant future. Now it's the distant future and still no screen door, just the lingering red tape where it's supposed to be mounted. Nucamp's latest response "The dealer will call me when it's available." Anyone else still screen door-less? 
  • Options
    Almost, ours had no front screen or door screen.  They promised in a few weeks.  We insisted a complete trailer or we walk.  Poof, they both appeared as well.

Doug
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    I should have folded my arms tighter. 
  • Options
    I self installed my screen door. It was easy. I modified my install and added weatherstripping to keep the bugs out.
    I did my install too and it was very straight forward - except that it wasn’t a perfect fit. Definitely need some additional weatherstripping at the top - and a bit on one side. 
    Would you mind posting a couple of pics of your install? Especially the top. That would be super helpful. Thanks!
  • Options
    hustoncshustoncs Member Posts: 18
    @Denny16 Thanks for the info about Vogels! The other Nucamp dealer here in NorCal is Sccat over in Roseville. They have great service there as well, but it's always nice to know that there are options! Cheers
    2001 Toyota Sequoia || 2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • Options
    I did my install too and it was very straight forward - except that it wasn’t a perfect fit. Definitely need some additional weatherstripping at the top - and a bit on one side. 
    Would you mind posting a couple of pics of your install? Especially the top. That would be super helpful. Thanks!
    When and how after delivery did you get your screen door? Was it delivered by the dealer or directly from NuCamp? NuCamp told me the dealer will notify me when the screen doors arrive. The dealer told me still no screen doors from Nucamp? Almost four months out since we took delivery and still not a peep from either NuCamp or the dealer about a screen door delivery date. I'm still not sure how many April customers like us are still without a (promised) screen door?  
  • Options
    I got it from the dealership - they we're willing to ship it to me, which was super helpful. I did contact nuCamp support before the dealer got the screen door and they were not willing to ship it directly to me.
    We took delivery mid-January and we got the screen door mid-June. So about a 5 month wait - you could hope that this has improved since then.
  • Options
    I got it from the dealership - they we're willing to ship it to me, which was super helpful. I did contact nuCamp support before the dealer got the screen door and they were not willing to ship it directly to me.
    We took delivery mid-January and we got the screen door mid-June. So about a 5 month wait - you could hope that this has improved since then.
    It hasn't. I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best. Just over a month left to hit the 5-month wait marker. Thanks. 
  • Options
    boontab said:
    It hasn't. I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best. Just over a month left to hit the 5-month wait marker. Thanks. 
    Quick follow-up. NuCamp emailed me that my screen door (VIN recorded on the box) was delivered to my dealership last week.  I contacted the dealership representative then who assured me the screen would be forwarded. Exciting news, he said.  No screen door or shipping advisory since our conversation last week. The dealership balked when I called this morning to find out why my screen door hadn't been shipped. Too busy to look for it, was the reply. Not a good answer, considering the five month (to-the-day) wait.  I threatened to return our 320S for a refund if the screen door wasn't shipped by the end of business today. I was serious, and the dealership got the message. The dealership obliged around noon today.  But the screen door was shipped from one of the dealership's other locations..not the store where Nucamp shipped our screen door. Hmmmm? Nucamp is aware of the screen door situation and at the same time has been supportive with a couple of minor warranty items. I doubt if this saga is over.