Options

Front Window Falling Out of T@B - Suggestions? Remedies?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    @ReenieG we only had the window replaced in October, so we don't really know if it will happen again with the sun in our driveway. Right now it's undercover for the winter. Yes, I'm going to leave the shades open when the windows are closed in the hot weather. I'm sure what happened was a direct result of trapping heat between the shade and the window. I think (hope!) leaving the shades open will be enough.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Deb, you should also partially open the windows to the first open/lock,
    position and open the roof vent a little, to keep inside temps closer to outside temperature.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    @Denny16 we have a Maxxair fan that we keep open, since rain can't get in. I'll keep in mind the vent position for the windows this summer--can't hurt! 
  • Options
    ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    edited January 2022
    As promised, here are the edges of the front window where the skins are slightly cut. I put a small amount of caulk over the cut area then covered with a vinyl leather repair tape that I've repaired some leather upholstery with about a decade ago. We'll see how this holds up outside in Phoenix, in the sun, lol.
    These are both the bottom corners of the front window. I didn't want to open up the latches so this is what is visible with the window closed.

2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ
  • Options
    Good news... I believe my faulty window hinge is covered by the manufacturer so that would mean a replacement window!! Yay!! 
    Now, I'm thinking how to protect a new window and I'm thinking this would work. I have a white piece of this corrugated board to cover my a/c vent when it's cold and drafty outside.

• Options
    RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 129
    Looks like a good idea, I'll go with the white it says it helps reflect UV rays.
    2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6
  • Options
    @RayJim Yes, I agree on the white.
  • Options
    TAOSMACTAOSMAC Member Posts: 27
    My rear window has failed at the upper connection point. The two black plastic clips popped off from the end of the aluminum connection rail and the hard plastic (at connection point) at the top of the window has broken off each side. I live in Central New Mexico so the heat/solar bake the rear window as well. I purchased my 2021 400 new and I’m in my second year of ownership. This issue is clearly a design/product flaw and should be taken care off by Nucamp. I will contract Nucamp and see if they have a fix or recall in the works.
    I will also cover my rear window with a solar shade taped to the outside.  
    2021 T@B 400BDL Solar, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel Diesel
  • Options
    ReenieG said:

I just got a price in a new front window from Tom's Camperland, Surprise, AZ.

Window - $425.00

Shipping - $40

Tax - $36.13

Total = $501.13

Yikes! That's without installation. Hopefully my MacGyver fix will make do for awhile.

ReenieG, Your signature line says you have a 2018 T@B 320S.  I have a 2017 T@B 320S. 

Tonie's RV in Salem, VA just sold me a front window for $207.82 including tax.

They are still determining the shipping charge from NuCamp directly to my home in Raleigh, NC so that will be extra.  I'll post that charge when they calculate it.

2017 T@B 320S Central NC
  • Options
    TAOSMACTAOSMAC Member Posts: 27

There’s another discussion related to T@B windows falling out and replacement. You may find the discussion helpful.

“Stargazer Window Attachment Issue”

2021 T@B 400BDL Solar, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel Diesel
  • Options
    The TaB320 window is much smaller than the large TaB400 front window, hence the cost difference…

• Options
    Yes, but according to ReenieG's signature, Reenie owns a T@B 320S, like mine.

Just got the charge for shipping, $37.85, so total is $245.67 delivered to my door.  Maybe Reenie's quote included the entire window frame, locks, etc.  I only ordered the replacement window by itself.
    2017 T@B 320S Central NC
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    OK, my bad, I was thinking he had the 400.  I owe you a :coffee:
    cheers
  • Options
    Yes, but according to ReenieG's signature, Reenie owns a T@B 320S, like mine.

Just got the charge for shipping, $37.85, so total is $245.67 delivered to my door.  Maybe Reenie's quote included the entire window frame, locks, etc.  I only ordered the replacement window by itself.

Nope, just the window, maybe the hardware on the window but no frame and was quoted $500 w/shipping to Tom's Camperland, Surprise, AZ and installation was going to be another $150 if done by them.

• Options
    I got the delivery within the week.  It came with every part.  The aluminum track, aluminum hinge that slides in the track, window gasket, plastic trim, locks, and the arms that hold the window open.  In other words it came with every part you would need if you cut a hole in the front of your camper and started from scratch.

This is the first time I have worked with Tonie's RV, and it definitely won't be the last.  Seriously, check them out.  https://www.toniesrv.com/virginia-rv-dealer/rv-parts-and-accessories-salem-va

In case you are wondering, I didn't take the old track off.  I just slid the old hinge out, cleaned it up, put it on the window and slid it back in.  Only took about 15 minutes to replace the window, and I didn't have to remove the black trim on the corner of the camper to get it in.  I have a 320, so that may be the reason.  The dimensions of the 400 are obviously different.

2017 T@B 320S Central NC
  • Options
    RickyRicky Member Posts: 24
    Both front and back windows fell off the rail in my Tab 400. plans after buying my 2022 fell apart due to health issues. 14 months later my first camping trip both windows fell out. I stuck and taped them on to get home and cover before a rain. since my camper is months out of warranty they offered to furnish windows but I have to pay labor to have fixed. So I got new windows and $767 labor charge. The difference in fit and finish is remarkable. The repair order said problem was mismatched window and rails, this explains why so many others had this problem. I would hope to get help with the labor seeing this was the fault of NuCamp, but alas, continue to dream.