HEPVO VALVE (TRAP)

Has anyone replaced the P trap with a hepvo trap under the sink in a 2018 CS? I would like to do it but am being told that there is not enough room. 

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    The HEVPO valve takes up less room than a P trap, and I was able to replace the P Trap under galley sink on a TaB400, without having to modify the existing plumbing, just added an adjustable connection pipe from the HEVPO valve to the drain line.  Not sure how much room you have, but you could give it a go,and see if it will work.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    NuCamp placed a Hepvo trap under the galley sink for us last year on our 2017 CSS.  It can be done.  Not sure it gave us that much more room though.  You may be able to arrange the plumbing differently.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Scott the CS galley is on he back, and your example, while great, ison a TaB400,,which has a different drain connection setup.  Still, it shows sharfie the size of a HEPVO compared to the traditional P Trap.
    Cheers
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    @Dalehelman had a T@B 320, though not a CS model.
    2015 T@B S
  • MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 342
    Some of the 320s come with hepo valves is various positions. My 2018 CS has one on the shower and one on the bath sink. The kitchen has a p-trap. I think it changed a lot from one year to the next. Other than cost, I don't understand why they didn't replace them all.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
    edited March 2023
    Perhaps because the 320 CS has the galley sink in the rear, a standard P Trap works, even if it looses the water, the smell will not be in the trailer.  The shower and toilet sink are inside the TaB, and a the loss of water in a P Trap would allow gases from the black tank or sewer hookup to escape into the cabin.

That said, our 2018 TaB400 came with a HEVPO installed on the shower (we do not have a toilet area sink), but the galley sink had a traditional P Trap.  I changed it out to a HEVPO trap.  

One reason the showers were equipped with a HEVPO valve first, is down to the limited clearance between the shower pan drain and the TaB’s floor.  A P Trap will not fit, unless a hole is cut into the floor.  I think using the HEPVO valve in the shower was a good call on nüCamp’s part.  I think all the new TaBs only use the HEVPO vale instead of the amp Trap, from what I have seen.
    cheers
  • MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 342
    Between the water control valves on the floor under the kitchen sink and the p-trap, that cabinet is if marginal use. I did build a shelf to cover the valves; however, you have to empty the cabinet to drain, bypass, etc.

Folklore says the kitchen is separate from the cabin in the CS. That's not really true. The under sink and under stove cabinets are open to the driver side dinette cabinet and the aft alde radiator. Hatch open while cooking will keep cooking smells and grease out of the cabin, but something stinky in a cabinet or drain is stinky everywhere.  ; )
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"