Options

Awning ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    DougH said:
    @Tampakayaker ; And when wind gets under the mylar tarp would there be enough lift to carry the T@B into a nearby tree top?
    You could cut those half circle slits in it to dispel the excess air like what some parachutes have. Or just go for the ride! 
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    We we used a regular canopy over the top of our TaB in addition to shade cloth on both sides last summer at Asseteague.  The shade cloth does help.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @Sharon_is_SAM ; Yup, it's 90F outside, but only 70F in the camper right now.  Ahhhhh...

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Someone needs to make an aluminet canopy and see the results.  But, you are having great results with the black cloth!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    mert1984mert1984 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2023
    I'm a new Tab 320s owner, and don't know what type of shade awning to buy. I've looked at some brands supposed to fit 320s, but they are pricey. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @mert1984 there are many discussions regarding fabricating something on your own. Begin with using the search feature in the upper right hand of your screen and type in "homemade awning" which will get you started. Good luck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2023
    Have you looked at Marti’s awnings? We gave $120. for this one, it’s 6’ wide and 6 1/2’ coming out.

2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 181
    We use a good pop up canopy with leg weights when we're staying more than one day somewhere.  But one day overnights it's a little bit of a hassle. We also used to use the awning that fit the keder rail but found it to be somewhat of a hassle too. So for those multiple "one day stops" along the way to our final destination having something that can put up and taken down easy works best for us. We use what many others use...a 9 ft half umbrella but with a base with fold down legs. Attach adjustable guy lines to each end of umbrella and attach other end to the T@B handles then secure umbrella pole to door handle with velcro. Some even sow/velcro an extra piece to cover the gap between umbrella and the door. Very handy when don't want to spend a lot of time setting up after a day of driving or if winds pick up or storms roll in when you need to take it down quickly. Can do either in a minute. Ours has built solar lights too. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    techietabtechietab Member Posts: 159
    edited July 2023
    It works best with some aftermarket extra-sticky suction cups to mount to the trailer roof: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N13T8X2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    An while it comes with poles, variable length tarp poles allow better flexibility for deployment: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K1B91Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    One thing I love about mine is that when it's extra windy or rainy, it's easy to stake one edge of the awning directly to the ground in a lean-to configuration that maintains a decent amount of sheltered space over the T@b door area:

Northern VA
    2022 T@b 320 S / 2021 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    mert1984 said:
    I'm a new Tab 320s owner, and don't know what type of shade awning to buy. I've looked at some brands supposed to fit 320s, but they are pricey. Any suggestions?
    There are a lot of different options. Keep your eye out here and in the T@B Facebook groups and you'll see people selling used ones quite often. I've been through three different styles and have yet to buy a new awning. 

If you search this forum for "awning" you'll see quite a few ideas.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    edited July 2023
    A standard SUV awing has worked fine for us. Around $100 and sold under many brand names. Fits over the top and ties to the front and rear handles so no leaks and the door opens all the way.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York